Most Indispensable Huskers 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/102093/most-indispensable-players-nebraska-3

Their choices were Randy Gregory and Kenny Bell.

I have to say Tommy Armstrong because if he goes down we have no idea what the drop off would be or how the offense would function.

On defense I'd have to go with Charles Jackson because the nickel back is such an important piece in the Pelini defense, if he goes down and the back up isn't up to par then I think it might be scary in the secondary.

We havent seen enough of Jackson playing actual defense to know if he's even up to par. Hence, the nickel is a scary thought right now for me.

I have questions about Imani's ability to carry a heavy work load. Between him and Newby, though, I think we're in pretty good shape behind Ameer. Even if he is considered a Heisman contender.

If Fyfe is still the #2 QB during the season (or even neck and neck with Stanton), there's probably legitimate concern concerning QB depth.

i think cross could be a full time back. he is more versatile than people give him credit for. his stamina may be a concern, but i think it would be interesting to see what he could do with a majority of the reps. but we will not see that with a healthy ameer. we have a lot of depth at that spot.

the qb spot has been all or nothing lately. but i guess that is mostly the way it is.

I have questions about Imani's ability to carry a heavy work load. Between him and Newby, though, I think we're in pretty good shape behind Ameer. Even if he is considered a Heisman contender.

If Fyfe is still the #2 QB during the season (or even neck and neck with Stanton), there's probably legitimate concern concerning QB depth.

i think cross could be a full time back. he is more versatile than people give him credit for. his stamina may be a concern, but i think it would be interesting to see what he could do with a majority of the reps. but we will not see that with a healthy ameer. we have a lot of depth at that spot.

the qb spot has been all or nothing lately. but i guess that is mostly the way it is.

I'm questioning the durability of Cross more than the versatility/talent/whatever. I think he's very underrated overall. I'm not saying his durability is a concern exactly, just something I question at this point.

I'm questioning the durability of Cross more than the versatility/talent/whatever. I think he's very underrated overall. I'm not saying his durability is a concern exactly, just something I question at this point.

i agree with you. and that would be the concern to have with him. i guess i just wanted to share that i think he is underrated/overlooked and i would have a lot of confidence in him as the guy. but i do not see him being the guy because ameer is the guy and should be.

I would have to go with Corey Cooper, and Ameer Abdullah.

I know I've said it before but Ameer's vision of the field alone separates him entirely from the rest of the RB's. I didn't pick TA II because we don't know how much of the offense they can run under him anyway, we would assume most of it, but there still might be plenty of plays or sets the coaches don't want to see him running. My guess is that Stanton or Fyfe would be fine, if they're in a pickle.

First off, my vote is Gregory. Our scheme for the D changes dramatically if he goes down. He is the type of player that you build a defense around. Bo did an excellent job of it the last half of the year.

I know this seems like a joke, but I honestly think one of the most important positions to lose would be the long snapper. I am not sure how many we have on the roster, but having a dependable and consistent long snapper goes a long way. Lose your long snapper, you pretty much automatically lose the field position game. 4th and long backed up to our own 10 and the long snapper is out in a close game. Not a great position to be in.