Children and immigration reform

I started this thread June of 2014!!  Not much has changed.  The GOP made politics of the recent bill and hung one of their own, Sen Lankford in the process.  GOP is a bunch of cowards who are untrustworthy in every respect.   So very tired of their moralizing and gamesmanship.   

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You are never going to believe this but the President doesn't have all encompassing authoritarian powers, no matter how many times you vote for it. 

For the last few decades, each President's border policy gets endlessly tied up in courts because "jUsT ENfoRcInG ExIStiNg LaW" is endlessly appealed because the current law is not adequate to address current problems.

It's almost like, and this is insane, that we need a NEW law that specifically outlines the Presidents ability to address the border. It could even be bipartisan! Republicans can even nominate somebody to negotiate for them! It's almost like, and again this is absolutely bonkers, that it's something Republicans themselves requested to be done. 

Now we have Republicans claiming we don't even need new legislation because Trump secured the border.  Wow....that's news to me.....I guess securing the border means letting millions of illegals into the country.  Isn't that the game Repubs claim Dems are claiming?  FYI....I'm not talking about what the tweet says.  I'm talking about Ronny claiming Trump secured the border while President.  

So, above we have Trump claiming it's congress's job.  Ronny is claiming it's the President's job.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Of the issues I pointed out I have a problem with, what makes changing them some bastion of strict conservative ideology?   

Give me a good reason why border encounters have to average 5,000 not even including a good portion of the people coming in order to close the border to illegals coming over?   Why can’t that number be 2,000 ( a number even Obama and his HHS Secretary thought was too high). 

Why can only the most Liberal judicial circuit hear legal challenges?  

Why do the toughest provisions Sunset after three years?  Why do the toughest provisions have a limited number of days a year they can be used and decline in the subsequent years?  

Why does the proposed law have to get watered down over time? 

The proposed amnesty solution is almost as liberal as one can make it.  Nice work  ra

I don’t really care to argue the nitty gritty with you. I get your shtick and I’m not interested. Maybe someoene else is; if you knock yourself out.

My actual gripe is that one of the two parties who actually get to run things here has a completely dysfunctional, f#&%ed-up idea of how our political system should work. Rank dishonesty, incompetence, zero accountability and utter subservience to their completely f#&%ed-up standard bearer. 

All while gaslighting anybody halfway normal into thinking it’s all completely normal, appropriate behavior.

It would be great if we could stop pretending it’s normal business as usual and start to acknowledge and address the tremendous damage it’s doing to our political system and our broader society.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
24 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I don’t really care to argue the nitty gritty with you. I get your shtick and I’m biased interested. Maybe someoene else is; if you knock yourself out.

My actual gripe is that one of the two parties who actually get to run things here has a completely dysfunctional, f#&%ed-up idea of how our political system should work. Rank dishonesty, incompetence, zero accountability and utter subservience to their completely f#&%ed-up standard bearer. 

All while gaslighting anybody halfway normal into thinking it’s all completely normal, appropriate behavior.

It would be great if we could stop pretending it’s normal business as usual and start to acknowledge and address the tremendous damage it’s doing to our political system and our broader society.

the problem is that MAGA is doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing...they are creating chaos and tearing down american institutions.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

23 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

BINGO! Truth is spoken.   The hypocrisy of the GOP has got to be highlighted in the congressional and presidential elections.  The border is the #1 issue and the GOP chose the cult over protecting America.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

The border much like abortion is only an issue because if they fixed the actual problem they wouldn’t have anything to pander to their voters over. Dems should’ve had both of these taken care of. 

before this gets taken to the normal well what have republicans done argument I am not a conservative nor a Republican. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
  • Worth a Look 1