Children and immigration reform

On 2/27/2024 at 8:56 AM, commando said:

i bet i could win if i ran for president if i promised to use atomic land mines on the border.

Screw that. Toughen up you pinko commie. I am hereby and henceforth calling for nuking the border until we figure out what the hell is going on.

It’s a perfect plan. The illegals are not well equipped for cold weather as they’re currently openly pouring into our country through, naturally, the desert. So it’s a real 4D chess move to surprise them with a little nuclear winter.

A little collateral damage is acceptable; Texas is pretty big and the Southwest sucks anyway. 

Personally I’m tired of these wussy politicians offering watered down solutions to real problems. We need ACTION!

On 2/27/2024 at 6:39 PM, Archy1221 said:

guess you haven’t read any part of the proposed legislation.   The tough measures and border shutdown of illegal entry wouldn’t start till an average of 5,000 encounters a day occurs, which the President could suspend those measures BTW.  4,999 X 30 days X 22 = 1,799,640.  

Obviously, you didn’t read any of it. 

• TBH 1

The right-wing talking point that the bipartisan bill would just allow 5000 immigrants to cross the border per day is typical disinformation.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/does-new-immigration-bill-5000-illegal-border-crossings-per-day-rcna136656

"Migrants would not be able to just cross the border illegally under the new bill. It would end the practice of "catch and release," in which Border Patrol agents release migrants into the U.S. while they await immigration hearings.

Instead, migrants who tried to cross the border illegally would be detained immediately, with their asylum claims decided while they were in detention. People would be removed immediately within 15 days if they failed their asylum claim interviews."

"no migrants trying to enter the U.S. illegally would be allowed into the country unless they passed asylum interviews or were being held under government supervision."

"Over time, negotiators believe, the legislation and ending the practice of catch and release would encourage migrants to seek asylum lawfully at ports of entry rather than try to cross illegally between ports of entry."

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Instead, migrants who tried to cross the border illegally would be detained immediately, with their asylum claims decided while they were in detention. People would be removed immediately within 15 days if they failed their asylum claim interviews

The author of the bill disagrees with this assessment.  The author of the bill says claims processed in a non-detained way

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

"Over time, negotiators believe, the legislation and ending the practice of catch and release would encourage migrants to seek asylum lawfully at ports of entry rather than try to cross illegally between ports of entry."

Asylum is supposed to made at port of entry so why would a law need to “encourage” it instead of mandate it only after an average of 5,000 encounters a day happen.  And that asylum “encouragement” ends after three years and declines each year in between and can only be used for a certain amount of days per year.   Why????

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
10 hours ago, Scarlet said:

The right-wing talking point that the bipartisan bill would just allow 5000 immigrants to cross the border per day is typical disinformation.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/does-new-immigration-bill-5000-illegal-border-crossings-per-day-rcna136656

"Migrants would not be able to just cross the border illegally under the new bill. It would end the practice of "catch and release," in which Border Patrol agents release migrants into the U.S. while they await immigration hearings.

Instead, migrants who tried to cross the border illegally would be detained immediately, with their asylum claims decided while they were in detention. People would be removed immediately within 15 days if they failed their asylum claim interviews."

"no migrants trying to enter the U.S. illegally would be allowed into the country unless they passed asylum interviews or were being held under government supervision."

Someone has been shown this multiple times but he continues to just spew right wing talking points. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 2

4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Still amplifying the opinion the white nationalist Brandon Judd huh?

Nope, there's thousands of members. That guy you refer to..... we were told he was actually a militia cell, so...?

You tell me?

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Nope, there's thousands of members. That guy you refer to..... we were told he was actually a militia cell, so...?

You tell me?

Ok.  I'll tell you.  The guy you're amplifying is a white nationalist regardless of what anyone else posted here and regardless of whether he works for the border patrol or not.   But by now you know this.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
27 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Not really a fan of it.  But, it's not quite as it seems.  These people fill out a form on line and book an appointment with an agent in the US.  They are then flown to other parts of the US other than the border which is overwhelmed.  We should know who they are from the form they fill out.  They are being seen by an agent and processed.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not really a fan of it.  But, it's not quite as it seems.  These people fill out a form on line and book an appointment with an agent in the US.  They are then flown to other parts of the US other than the border which is overwhelmed.  We should know who they are from the form they fill out.  They are being seen by an agent and processed.

So "Remain in Mexico" has been replaced with "Fly Over Mexico."

• Fire 2