Children and immigration reform

22 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

320,000 flown by the US govt into our Nation's interior is usually something that would get picked up by news sources, no?

This program has been going on for over a year. Hundreds of thousands of people have been flown in over that time. The news would have reported on it if there was a problem, like violent crime spikes in the towns they've come to, or roving gangs attacking people in their homes.

Seems like that should have happened by now, and that would make the news. 

Or, maybe, these people are just coming here, living quiet lives, getting work and enjoying feeling safe, and they're not a problem at all. 

• TBH 4

25 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Okay. Serious question, did you know about it more than 36 hours ago? 320,000 flown by the US govt into our Nation's interior is usually something that would get picked up by news sources, no?

Why are you so concerned about people who are vetted coming from countries they want to flee into the US? And why do you care if they come across a land border or go through customs in an international airport?

• Fire 1
  • TBH 3
45 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Why are you so concerned about people who are vetted coming from countries they want to flee into the US? And why do you care if they come across a land border or go through customs in an international airport?

It's an appropriate question, but we also already know why. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Yesterday I didn't know if they were vetted, and neither did anyone else. I have been researching the issue, and found the following thread that helped me with some of my questions. While the poster's references are his own media...which I normally roll my eyes at...I found quite a bit of information was useful. It is a long thread.

Again, I am FOR legal immigration, I realize that the majority of folks that are here in Central NE are only trying to provide a better life for their families, and often do the jobs that others won't do...but I want that to happen  after the uncontrolled illegal entries are managed with a more secure border.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Yesterday I didn't know if they were vetted, and neither did anyone else. I have been researching the issue, and found the following thread that helped me with some of my questions. While the poster's references are his own media...which I normally roll my eyes at...I found quite a bit of information was useful. It is a long thread.

Again, I am FOR legal immigration, I realize that the majority of folks that are here in Central NE are only trying to provide a better life for their families, and often do the jobs that others won't do...but I want that to happen  after the uncontrolled illegal entries are managed with a more secure border.

The people vetting these migrants knew. You just found out about it from some post on a racist website, and panicked. You asked yesterday why sources matter. That's why sources matter. That racist website wrote that piece in that specific way to provoke exactly that response in you. 

Now that you know this is neither uncontrolled nor illegal, you can let it go. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I mean, you jumped to a conclusion based off some shady sources (Elon especially so). Not sure why anyone would think a president would implement a program to bring unverified immigrants into the country. That's stupid all around, and it would be one of the most idiotic things they could do in a campaign year.

I appreciate that you get your news from some non-traditional sources, and it does add to the conversations on this board, but it's also becoming readily apparent that in recent weeks/months your sources are leaning pretty far right wing conspiracy. I just hope you continue to search for the truth and not fall victim to the manipulation.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
21 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Okay. Serious question, did you know about it more than 36 hours ago? 320,000 flown by the US govt into our Nation's interior is usually something that would get picked up by news sources, no?

Just take the L my dude.

19 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Yesterday I didn't know if they were vetted, and neither did anyone else.

That's due to you not paying attention; not due to a super radical lib clandestine open border agenda.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Just take the L my dude.

That's due to you not paying attention; not due to a super radical lib clandestine open border agenda.

Take the L? There is no W or L...just a difference of opinion. You know this is a message board, right?

Okay sure, it was clearly covered extensively in the media and press...it must have been when I was in a coma for the past year...but of course that's my bad. 

• Fire 2
15 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Take the L? There is no W or L...just a difference of opinion. You know this is a message board, right?

Okay sure, it was clearly covered extensively in the media and press...it must have been when I was in a coma for the past year...but of course that's my bad. 

If you approve or disapprove of the program, is an opinion issue.  If the program was ran in a secretive way to make sure nobody knows....really isn't an opinion.  And...just because the media didn't report it, doesn't mean it was done secretly.  There is one hell of alot of governmental data on line that isn't secret....that the media doesn't cover it.  Why??  Because it's not a major issue....just like this.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If you approve or disapprove of the program, is an opinion issue.  If the program was ran in a secretive way to make sure nobody knows....really isn't an opinion.  And...just because the media didn't report it, doesn't mean it was done secretly.  There is one hell of alot of governmental data on line that isn't secret....that the media doesn't cover it.  Why??  Because it's not a major issue....just like this.

Not allowing the public to know where the flights end is a bit secretive, no? 

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1

51 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not allowing the public to know where the flights end is a bit secretive, no? 

Sure, but I don't have a problem with that.  A bunch of MAGAs will just show up, protest and make the whole thing a s#!t show.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure, but I don't have a problem with that.  A bunch of MAGAs will just show up, protest and make the whole thing a s#!t show.

I guess I was just pointing out that whether someone thought the program was a bit secretive is an opinion based on how you view the secretive nature.   You were telling Devo it wasn’t an opinion area.   

Thats all

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess I was just pointing out that whether someone thought the program was a bit secretive is an opinion based on how you view the secretive nature.   You were telling Devo it wasn’t an opinion area.   

Thats all

The original article this whole issue was raised by acted like the entire system was some deep state liberal Biden program to sneak hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants into the country. That simply wasn’t true. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2