LB Troy Henderson Jr [Syracuse Commit]

The only reason I could see him committing to us tonight would be b/c we probably told him we would only be taking 1 LB this year and he probably doesn't want to wait just in case it's too late. The way recruiting goes now, if he decides he doesn't like Nebraska, he will just de-commit and take the Syracuse or Rutgers offer. Just playing the game.

@_Troy3: I went from riding the bus for years and now I can choose the bus I ride on. I have decided to take my path to The University of Syrcause!🍊🍊

I know his final three were Rutgers, Syracuse, and Nebraska, but he did really give the Huskers a fair shake by making his decision before he visited. He planned a visit for late this month, so when he announced he would make his decision today, that made me think he changed his mind about Nebraska.

Nebraska got Troy Henderson Jr. to wait on his Syracuse commitment just before July 4 with an offer, but the linebacker wanted to make his announcement and couldn’t hold it any longer. That doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s over. Henderson Jr. told HuskersIllustrated.com on Monday that he planned to visit Nebraska – whether for an official or unofficial – and that he couldn’t commit somewhere that he hasn’t been. Don’t look for NU to back off of this one and don’t be surprised if Henderson’s roaming the sidelines before a non-conference game this September.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/Nebraska-hosts-Hunter-Dale-loses-out-on-Troy-Henderson-and-more-29648502

• Fire 1
  • 2 months later...