How close was a coaching change?

I wonder how many times he would have to publicly apologize for his behavior if he had a 7-6 season.

At least six times and probably twice more after a comeback victory against a 7-5 team boasting "he didn't forget how to coach defense"

An athletic director that didn't fire a coach who wins 70% of his games. Weird.

No weirder than nearly half of the fanbase of a team known for overachieving wanting a coach to be fired for doing the bare minimum to not be fired and telling the fanbase to f#*k off for their troubles.

Pelini's comment bothered some.......not so much others. And there a lots of things I'm certain of....one of which being you do not speak for nor have knowledge of "nearly half" of the fan base. But your input is appreciated. As always.

The only ones it bothered are the chickensh#t supposed fans that actually did leave early. I didnt, hence, I thought the comments were hilarious. People just cant handle brute honest truth anymore.

• Fire 1

I wonder how many times he would have to publicly apologize for his behavior if he had a 7-6 season.

At least six times and probably twice more after a comeback victory against a 7-5 team boasting "he didn't forget how to coach defense"

An athletic director that didn't fire a coach who wins 70% of his games. Weird.

No weirder than nearly half of the fanbase of a team known for overachieving wanting a coach to be fired for doing the bare minimum to not be fired and telling the fanbase to f#*k off for their troubles.

Pelini's comment bothered some.......not so much others. And there a lots of things I'm certain of....one of which being you do not speak for nor have knowledge of "nearly half" of the fan base. But your input is appreciated. As always.

The only ones it bothered are the chickensh#t supposed fans that actually did leave early. I didnt, hence, I thought the comments were hilarious. People just cant handle brute honest truth anymore.

Personally, I thought he went too far, initially. My first reaction was "f#*k you" right back at him. Then thinking about it over time, I was more embarrassed about the fact that he actually felt that way about our fan base. After a glorious comeback like that, I was a bit ashamed that these things he was saying was what he was feeling at the time instead if elation over the victory. I tied a lot of that emotional over reaction to much of the teams emotional over reactions on and off the field. So for me, it was more like ''wow, we won and this is where the focus is?' the fans that left?'. To me it didn't seem like something a leader of men would be doing, focusing on the bad instead of the good. Still, the other part of me wants to let it go because I know I'm an emotional guy, I wear my emotions on my sleeve much like Bo, and there are times I've said plenty of things that I was glad an audio recorder wasn't around. So though I didn't see it at the time, I think the releasing of the tape was actually the more chickensh#t thing of all parties involved including Bo and the fans.

Personally, I thought he went too far, initially. My first reaction was "f#*k you" right back at him. Then thinking about it over time, I was more embarrassed about the fact that he actually felt that way about our fan base. After a glorious comeback like that, I was a bit ashamed that these things he was saying was what he was feeling at the time instead if elation over the victory. I tied a lot of that emotional over reaction to much of the teams emotional over reactions on and off the field. So for me, it was more like ''wow, we won and this is where the focus is?' the fans that left?'. To me it didn't seem like something a leader of men would be doing, focusing on the bad instead of the good. Still, the other part of me wants to let it go because I know I'm an emotional guy, I wear my emotions on my sleeve much like Bo, and there are times I've said plenty of things that I was glad an audio recorder wasn't around. So though I didn't see it at the time, I think the releasing of the tape was actually the more chickensh#t thing of all parties involved including Bo and the fans.

Didn't Sharpe specifically mention fans leaving when talking to Bo, which started to whole rant?

Didn't Sharpe specifically mention fans leaving when talking to Bo, which started to whole rant?

You're right. And Sharpe, knowing Bo for quite some time now, really probably had an idea exactly what kind of response he was going to get with that comment.

You're right. And Sharpe, knowing Bo for quite some time now, really probably had an idea exactly what kind of response he was going to get with that comment.

If Bo is that easily rattled (and predictable) he needs to mature up big time.

I was at the game and saw a replay recently on BTN... it didn't look like that many people even left the game in the first place.

• Fire 1

If Bo is that easily rattled (and predictable) he needs to mature up big time.

I was at the game and saw a replay recently on BTN... it didn't look like that many people even left the game in the first place.

Only the dozen or so that needed medical attention for injuries suffered after being hit by errant Bauserman passes.

• Fire 2

I was there, stayed, and was bothered by it. When the head of your entire state decides to go on a rant like that, given his past (and then future) issues, there is something there. The dude has a problem.

• Fire 1

I was there, stayed, and was bothered by it. When the head of your entire state decides to go on a rant like that, given his past (and then future) issues, there is something there. The dude has a problem.

Have you ever said anything in a situation where your emotions were running high in a room to people you thought you trusted? Ultimately being glad there was no "hot mic" in your situation. Yea. Me too.

Get over it. Some people just want to have a reason to complain. If you were seriously bothered by his remarks given the situation, you may need to build some thicker skin. Or, find something meaningful to be bothered by.

• Fire 2

Have you ever said anything in a situation where your emotions were running high in a room to people you thought you trusted? Ultimately being glad there was no "hot mic" in your situation. Yea. Me too.

Get over it. Some people just want to have a reason to complain. If you were seriously bothered by his remarks given the situation, you may need to build some thicker skin. Or, find something meaningful to be bothered by.

Bo has said/done things in situations where his emotions are running high that he regrets....oh, about a dozen times over the course of his 6 years here. But we'll just keep brushing them off as meaningless...and talk about him "getting better at controlling it".

Eh, in hindsight, tapegate was blown outta proportion. Yeah it irked people at first and rightfully so. But really Coach T is right. Emotions were high because his team just did something historic and instead of elation he felt frustration. Thats a sticky spot for a guy to be in, especially one in a high pressure job like Bo. Im over it, had no bearing on anything in the end.

So hes an emotional guy. So what. I like that in a coach. Just because Tom was stoic as fudge doesnt mean every coach we have needs to be.

I don't disagree that it was blown out of proportion. But I can certainly see how people could be bothered by it without being chickensh#ts or needing thicker skin. It's yet another emotional roller coaster Bo has taken us through.

And it does have bearing, and will continue to have as he is further forced to defend himself and the program over issues like this. If that was an isolated incident, it's bearing would be minimal. It's not though. so it becomes a bigger deal. And now because of it, the next thing that happens will be even bigger, and the next one bigger. He's lost the benefit of the doubt. It wasn't insignificant. It will continue to muddy the waters in the future. You'll be hearing about it for quite a while.