DE Reuben Jones [Michigan Commit]

Mavric

If was a verbal to NU before...and now NU has better coaches that develop players better than the old staff...it should mean he will still be N when it is all said and done.

Again. You might be right but I think that might be a bit of stretch to assume recruits would think more highly of Riley and staff over Harbaugh. Stanford was sending guys to NFL like a factory when Harbaugh was there. Especially along the lines. I think we got some good coaches but I dont think their names carry the weight of some other staffs yet.

If was a verbal to NU before...and now NU has better coaches that develop players better than the old staff...it should mean he will still be N when it is all said and done.

Again. You might be right but I think that might be a bit of stretch to assume recruits would think more highly of Riley and staff over Harbaugh. Stanford was sending guys to NFL like a factory when Harbaugh was there. Especially along the lines. I think we got some good coaches but I dont think their names carry the weight of some other staffs yet.

We will just have to send Huskerboard links to all the recruits so they know how good the new staff if at developing players!

Yeah, your sarcasm in every post since Riley has been hired is getting pretty old.

Anyways, these are the recruiting battles NU has to win in order to stay competitive with Urban and Harbaugh.

Yeah, your sarcasm in every post since Riley has been hired is getting pretty old.

Anyways, these are the recruiting battles NU has to win in order to stay competitive with Urban and Harbaugh.

I can't help what you think...

NU has a better staff now...an experienced staff...this kid would do well to stick with NU

• Fire 1

It isn't like this staff can tout Randy to him. So how do we know this? Is there a ridiculous amount of Cincy DE that I am forgetting?

Derek Wolfe was drafted by the Denver Broncos out of Cincinatti. He's a pretty damn good player and was actually only rated a two star prospect out of high school. First kid from his high school to ever be drafted by the NFL.

But.....that was before Hughes was ever coaching there.

If my quick research is right, Hughes did have 10 defensive players drafted to the NFL during his time as defensive coordinator at UCONN. 3 defensive ends, 4 linebackers and another few defensive backs I think.

Reuben told Schaefer that Michigan doesn't "move his needle much" but that he feels like he is drifting a bit from Nebraska, Schaefer speculated this was due in part to the dead period. Lakeland needs to be one of the first stops for Riley after Thursday to shore Reuben's commitment.

Ya I wasn't sure how much it'd mean to him. He already had a MichSt offer and they have been one of the best defenses in the national last few years.