Bo on Stringfellow....Ouch....

I live in an area where there are plenty of D1 recruits going to schools all over the country. Almost every situation I can think of involved some shady work and none of these kids went to the SEC which is obviously infamous for cheating. If you can't see that Ole Miss cheated or are going to dismiss it because there is no "actual" documented proof then I don't want to hear it. Our coach is clearly pointing to cheating being the case and thats on top of all the allegations that go on this conference. The coaching circle is so small that all it takes is one GA from another school to explain to Bo what happened (not saying thats what happened but throwing out how easy information moves). At some point there will be a tipping point on how far this conference can go. I'm all for his statement. Call them out. Everyone is thinking it, everyone knows it. Screw the SEC.

• Fire 2

Then people will bitch about coach speak.

That's fantasy. If Bo gives a trite, but classy "OK, we wish him and his family well", people are going to complain that it's coach speak? No way.

As for what Bo actually said, it'll play well with some people, not well with others. I don't care for it, whether or not the parent was right or wrong about plane ticket costs. I don't see any point in declaring she was wrong on the matter, and I don't see that playing well with parents of other recruits who just want the best for their kid. But I'm sure a percentage of them will appreciate it anyway, or just not care.

Like most other Husker fans, I don't know about the Stringfellow situation but can surely read between the lines. Let the fans do that on their own, coach. The high road is not hard to take.

And, you know, there's a season to prepare for. No need to step out of 2014 football season mode for even a second to take a potshot at past history.

I was speaking to the fact that he gave an honest answer. I find it amusing that the exact same people who bitch about Bo and company giving coach speech answers are now complaining.

f'ing hilarious.

I was speaking to the fact that he gave an honest answer. I find it amusing that the exact same people who bitch about Bo and company giving coach speech answers are now complaining.

f'ing hilarious.

there is a difference between coach speak (i.e., when a coach uses platitudes to explain away failures) vs. being a mature, tactful adult taking the high road.

Who honestly complains about Bo's coachspeak? If anything, they wish he were better at it.

Polo suggested he take the higher road, and your response ("Then people will bitch about coach speak.") would appear to paint this as a damned if he does, damned if he doesn't situation. Again, the world where people would be complaining about Bo giving a tactful, deflecting answer is completely imaginary.

I don't think anyone believes Bo is wrong. We think we know what went down there, and we don't like overbearing recruiting parents either. For some Nebraska fans, Bo could say anything and it's "Man, I love that guy, he shoot from the hip." And yeah, my opinion that it's another in a long line of reflections of a less-than-elite operation is pure spitballing. To me, it feels like the sort of thing that comes out of a second-rate program, not a singularly focused, championship-winning club that is genuinely not concerned with anything other than raising its own level. That's my gripe; I'm not offended by what he says here. But Bo, prove me wrong, I'll be happy for your success, and I'd love to see a Nebraska machine back on the field.

• Fire 4

f'ing hilarious.

there is a difference between coach speak (i.e., when a coach uses platitudes to explain away failures) vs. being a mature, tactful adult taking the high road.

How about a semi-mature,tactful coach stating the obvious.

I like Bo and his comments. Why sugar coat anything? Why pu$$y foot around anything? That shows weakness and cowardness. Bo is not afraid of anything and there should be props for that. Thats the kind of person you want in your corner. I can see why players appreciate that.

then he should have just called them cheaters and the mom a money-grubbing scoundrel, if he really is not afraid of anything. instead, he implored us to "read between the lines", whatever that means. he played it coy rather than just taking the high ground. no need to sugar coat it, which he kind of did, but no need to address it, they asked him just to get such a soundbite.

There were other ways to get his point across without being as harsh. This was past the line, imo.

did he not early address very well when he mentioned how to fix recruiting again, which everyone seems to agree with? he could have just said something about being disappointed he missed out on the player, but he likes his players and the talent he is bringing in. then mention that recruiting is competitive and challenging and some of the problems all programs face could be fixed by doing away with national signing day... so on and so forth.

that would have been a good way to go.