Armstrong dinged up at practice

Heck ya Blackahirts defense! We take no sh#t from nobody! Not even our own QB!

As I said the other day, maybe we need to tone it down a bit. We don't want to wussify these guys, but there will be enough people wanting to hit our QB during the season. Why are we doing it in practice. Seems like a lot of risk, minimal reward.

• Fire 2

As I said the other day, maybe we need to tone it down a bit. We don't want to wussify these guys, but there will be enough people wanting to hit our QB during the season. Why are we doing it in practice. Seems like a lot of risk, minimal reward.

Well I think that if you get hit in practice it can simulate a real game somewhat. I don't think we should allow the qb to be hit in every practice however.

Well I think that if you get hit in practice it can simulate a real game somewhat. I don't think we should allow the qb to be hit in every practice however.

Yeah, risk of injury versus risk of your team playing sloppy, damned if you do etc.

IIRC, NU of old beat the hell out of each other. It seemed to work out ok. Guys need to get used to getting hit. Just like we have companied about lack of fundamentals in tackling, same might be said for running. No one being told how to "take a hit" or lower a shoulder, deliver the blow etc.....

Lack of physicality might be the cause for all the to's in the past.

I have no insight or idea as to why all the injuries, but we are taking a beating only one week in. I would not think teams practice any different than we do. It just seems that the injury bug has found a home at NU and is being fed very well......

Yeah, risk of injury versus risk of your team playing sloppy, damned if you do etc.

Husker Nation, where the program is doing it wrong no matter how they do it!

• Fire 1

I never said that. I don't think we should be laying the wood to our own QB's. Risk vs. reward kind of thing. Now if you wanna go off on some tangent of your own and start putting words in my mouth, well there's a thread for that,

Are we trying to pretend the team will tackle poorly during the season if they are not allowed to practice tackling our own QB's? Okay...derp derp....'cause there's just nobody else on this roster to hit is there? Oh, or are we saying our QB's won't be used to getting hit in the season if they aren't hit in practice. Yes, because they've only been playing football their whole lives. They've never been hit before.

I never said that. I don't think we should be laying the wood to our own QB's. Risk vs. reward kind of thing. Now if you wanna go off on some tangent of your own and start putting words in my mouth, well there's a thread for that,

It was tongue in cheek.

Are we trying to pretend the team will tackle poorly during the season if they are not allowed to practice tackling our own QB's? Okay...derp derp....'cause there's just nobody else on this roster to hit is there? Oh, or are we saying our QB's won't be used to getting hit in the season if they aren't hit in practice. Yes, because they've only been playing football their whole lives. They've never been hit before.

And we only led the nation in fumbles for 3 yrs. Miss tackles, get off sides etc..... Unsure if I would use this argument for NU the past few years. We have sorely been lacking in fundamentals, technique and basic football skills.

You play how you practice. IIRC, last year we complained about the D just "wrapping up" and not taking people to the ground. Not advocating our guys getting hurt at all, but Jason Peter said that the beat the hell out of each other in practice and games were easy.

IIRC, NU of old beat the hell out of each other. It seemed to work out ok. Guys need to get used to getting hit. Just like we have companied about lack of fundamentals in tackling, same might be said for running. No one being told how to "take a hit" or lower a shoulder, deliver the blow etc.....

Lack of physicality might be the cause for all the to's in the past.

I have no insight or idea as to why all the injuries, but we are taking a beating only one week in. I would not think teams practice any different than we do. It just seems that the injury bug has found a home at NU and is being fed very well......

yep remember all the #1 going against #2 team week in week out talk from Osborne back in the day.. so when they played on Sat, they had already played a better offense or defense all week long...and the one they were playing (CU, KU, ec) was easier? I want to say it was full speed t,w,th

guess times have changed. maybe we were just so much deeper then that we could lose players and still be the best team on the field....we know the kids are bigger fast stronger now...I just don't know anymore...

And we only led the nation in fumbles for 3 yrs. Miss tackles, get off sides etc..... Unsure if I would use this argument for NU the past few years. We have sorely been lacking in fundamentals, technique and basic football skills.

You play how you practice. IIRC, last year we complained about the D just "wrapping up" and not taking people to the ground. Not advocating our guys getting hurt at all, but Jason Peter said that the beat the hell out of each other in practice and games were easy.

all that because we didnt hit our qb's enough in practice? who knew

i think your taking this all wrong and running with it. There are other guys on the team to work on tackling with. we have one qb on this team with any game experience....maybe we ought not beat the piss out of him. Pretty basic concept really.

Also, Taylor Martinez fumbled the ball alot bud....that's not Tommy's fault.