Aaron Curry transferring

Well given the current circumstance one wonders if he tries to mend fences

think it would be a smart move on his part.

seems like it's also about being closer to home, I know some players just say that. But these are 18-22 year old kids that are sometimes away from home for the first times in their lives. Sometimes they can't handle being that far from home.

seems like it's also about being closer to home, I know some players just say that. But these are 18-22 year old kids that are sometimes away from home for the first times in their lives. Sometimes they can't handle being that far from home.

True enough and maybe there's a lot there in that respect. But I will say it's harder to be far away and not playing than to be playing and still be far away. And he'd play now, there's no way some players on this defense are playing 65-70 snaps.

he's been here a couple years though. maybe he went home during break and got himself a girlfriend or something - but I'd say if he's considering k-state...being "closer to home" isn't at the top of his list reasons for transfering.

Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip 31s

For sake of clarity, I'm told Aaron Curry left the Nebraska program last week because he had fallen on the depth chart, plain and simple.

Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip 19s

Curry was down to No. 5, behind Valentine, Collins, Williams and Maurice. Walk-on Logan Rath also making push. #Huskers

That just sucks. Transferring works out for a kid like 1 time in 10 (and that's probably being generous). Being 5th man on a 2 DT depth chart that sees injuries every season is not bad. As a sophomore no less. He'd have played in 12-13 games, probably 30% of the snaps.

Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip 31s

For sake of clarity, I'm told Aaron Curry left the Nebraska program last week because he had fallen on the depth chart, plain and simple.

Steven M. Sipple ‏@HuskerExtraSip 19s

Curry was down to No. 5, behind Valentine, Collins, Williams and Maurice. Walk-on Logan Rath also making push. #Huskers

That just sucks. Transferring works out for a kid like 1 time in 10 (and that's probably being generous). Being 5th man on a 2 DT depth chart that sees injuries every season is not bad. As a sophomore no less. He'd have played in 12-13 games, probably 30% of the snaps.

If a guy thinks he is good enough to start anywhere in the country, then I don't blame him for wanting to get out of this situation. It says something when you start 8 games as a freshman then suddenly drop to fifth on the depth chart. You could say its due to the talent ahead of him. Some could say Curry and Kaz maybe bumped heads a bit, he wouldn't be the first guy from what I've heard. Kaz apparently has an approach to coaching that can take some getting used to.

Regardless, the guy has to do what's best for himself and his future. Apply this situation to you every day life in your workplace. If you believe you're better than the opportunity you're getting, then you owe it to yourself to change your situation.

Here are the tweets:

Steven M. Sipple @HuskerExtraSip 12m

We should know well by now Pelini doesn't cut much slack to players who shy from digging in and competing for playing time. #Huskers

Steven M. Sipple @HuskerExtraSip 31s

Steven M. Sipple @HuskerExtraSip 19s

It may be worth a mention this can be an indicative of the emphasis and intensity put on defensive line recruiting. Pelini has referred to previous redshirting decisions that he might think twice about. It's very possible there is enough depth to not have another Cam Meredith situation. It's not always a bad sign when a player transfers......instead it might indicate some real talent in front of him.

Regardless, the guy has to do what's best for himself and his future. Apply this situation to you every day life in your workplace. If you believe you're better than the opportunity you're getting, then you owe it to yourself to change your situation.

I 100% believe I am better than the opportunity I'm getting - I'm also 99% confident there isn't a better opportunity out there...so changing my situation is best done in my current position, through things like hard work. Curry will likely learn something similar when this is all done. The difference between he and I is my 450k mortgage and princess wife are dependent on my situation, he's not dependent on anything yet.

• Fire 1

I 100% believe I am better than the opportunity I'm getting - I'm also 99% confident there isn't a better opportunity out there...so changing my situation is best done in my current position, through things like hard work. Curry will likely learn something similar when this is all done. The difference between he and I is my 450k mortgage and princess wife are dependent on my situation, he's not dependent on anything yet.

Nice humblebrag.

It may be worth a mention this can be an indicative of the emphasis and intensity put on defensive line recruiting. Pelini has referred to previous redshirting decisions that he might think twice about. It's very possible there is enough depth to not have another Cam Meredith situation. It's not always a bad sign when a player transfers......instead it might indicate some real talent in front of him.

Looking at our DT depth - I'm not sure if that's the case this time around.