Phil Steele = Anti-Huskers?

This team has the potential to be very good if we have no injuries to the major contributors. By potential - I mean more balanced D&O talent. When we had Suh, we had no O, recently we've had better O but the D couldn't match. This year I think we are more balanced. However potential needs to translate into few turnovers, penalties and and better special teams play to get us beyond Bo's four loss trend. Bo's simpler playbook I hope will help the team and also help the team with adjustments during the game.

If it was your job to be an objective college football analyst, wouldn't you make a rational case that Nebraska has been given the benefit of the doubt every preseason, then proceeds to under-perform? At which point anyone would hesitate to pump Husker sunshine until proven otherwise?

Wouldn't you say the same thing about the Big 10?

And isn't the national media generally more polite about this than most members of HuskerBoard?

We won our division two years ago and without injuries to our 4 year starting QB and All-American Guard I would suspect we would have won the division last year. If's, and's, and but's...

If it was your job to be an objective college football analyst, wouldn't you make a rational case that Nebraska has been given the benefit of the doubt every preseason, then proceeds to under-perform? At which point anyone would hesitate to pump Husker sunshine until proven otherwise?

And isn't the national media generally more polite about this than most members of HuskerBoard?

We won our division two years ago and without injuries to our 4 year starting QB and All-American Guard I would suspect we would have won the division last year. If's, and's, and but's...

Well....we won our division two years ago, then got humiliated by a five loss team in the CCG and were soundly defeated by the fourth place SEC team in a second tier bowl game.

With our four year starter and All-American guard still in place, we looked shaky at home against 5-7 Wyoming, then the wheels totally came off at home against UCLA. Watching the Minnesota, Michigan State and Iowa losses, it's hard to see where a healthy Martinez or Long compensate for the teamwide failures, which by now look like familiar big game jitters regardless of individual personnel.

Either way, Nebraska hasn't looked ready for the Top 25, nor a lock to beat the Northwesterns, Iowas and Minnesotas of the Big 10.

So failing to pick the Huskers isn't anti-Nebraska.

Unless you're from Nebraska.

• Fire 2

Who cares?

All media types hate Nebraska. This is a well documented fact.

I think many on this board need to learn what a fact actually is.

I was being sarcastic.

I am not.

http://collegepollarchive.com/football/ap/seasons.cfm?seasonid=1997#.U_egIvldV8E

Since then, always had, and always will have little respect for any writers. Anyway, they have no say in National Champions anymore. And that's the way it should be.

(Says a still-bitter Nebraska fan)

Phil always says generally positive things about Nebraska when he's on local radio in Lincoln but sticks to his prediction of 8-4, which isn't a stretch.

There is ZERO evidence or reason whatosever to predict anything other than 9 or 10 wins. Why? Cuz it's happened 100% of the time under Bo.

We were 8-4 last season.

We get credit for a bowl win.

Phil always says generally positive things about Nebraska when he's on local radio in Lincoln but sticks to his prediction of 8-4, which isn't a stretch.

There is ZERO evidence or reason whatosever to predict anything other than 9 or 10 wins. Why? Cuz it's happened 100% of the time under Bo.

We were 8-4 last season.

We get credit for a bowl win.

Well, since I can 100% guarantee we won't finish 8-4 this season...i'm guessing he was predicting regular season...which we've finished 8-4 a couple of times.

Where did he predict Georgia last season?

Did he foresee the loss of one of the best QB's in the SEC for half the season (Aaron Murray)?

Where did he predict Auburn last season?

Did he foresee them to beat Alabama in the Iron Bowl on one of the greatest plays in 2013?

Did he foresee Auburn vs. Mizzou in the SEC Championship Game?

Let me know when a writer can make this type of prediction, or take into account the things that happen during the season.

Until then, who cares?

It's just some dude. Does he know more about football than you and me? Probably, yes, and/or no. Does he know more about college football than you and me? Probably, yes, and/or no.

The difference between him and you and I is that he is getting paid to do what we are doing now. Preseason Prediction.

Well....we won our division two years ago, then got humiliated by a five loss team in the CCG and were soundly defeated by the fourth place SEC team in a second tier bowl game.

With our four year starter and All-American guard still in place, we looked shaky at home against 5-7 Wyoming, then the wheels totally came off at home against UCLA. Watching the Minnesota, Michigan State and Iowa losses, it's hard to see where a healthy Martinez or Long compensate for the teamwide failures, which by now look like familiar big game jitters regardless of individual personnel.

Either way, Nebraska hasn't looked ready for the Top 25, nor a lock to beat the Northwesterns, Iowas and Minnesotas of the Big 10.

So we found the WORST time in the world to let the wheels fall off. Clemson found that exact timing last year against FSU as well. Sometimes when the ball starts rolling, getting in front of it is murder.

Everyone thought we would be great last year. Our offense would be fantastic and our defense was young and talented. It would take time for the defense to gel, but when they did we would be golden. Our offense fell apart with injuries while our defense was still green.

What do you expect? We dropped some bad games.

Does that make the original prediction a bad one? Not necessarily.

So we found the WORST time in the world to let the wheels fall off. Clemson found that exact timing last year against FSU as well. Sometimes when the ball starts rolling, getting in front of it is murder.

Everyone thought we would be great last year. Our offense would be fantastic and our defense was young and talented. It would take time for the defense to gel, but when they did we would be golden. Our offense fell apart with injuries while our defense was still green.

What do you expect? We dropped some bad games.

Does that make the original prediction a bad one? Not necessarily.

After six seasons it feels like a pattern. Bo Pelini teams tend to underperform. As a fan I remain optimistic. If I'm betting my own money, I'd be very cautious.

Predicting Nebraska will have a season similar to the last six seasons certainly isn't anti-Husker.