Advice

Memorial Stadium is located in downtown Lincoln, there are loads of restaurants and bars in the area within walking distance. Being that it is a night game, I'd recommend mingling with Husker fans (and other Miami fans) in the area. I personally recommend Misty's as a restaurant/bar to visit, seems to be a popular choice.

Enjoy your time in Lincoln!

We have a thread around here that documents all the must-sees and etc., but generally speaking, the Haymarket will be your best friend.

Be prepared for an inordinate amount of niceness. If you're open and cheery you wont' have to buy a single beer the entire time you're here.

At about 4:00 on game day leave the bars and go wonder through the tailgate areas. People will be very nice, and if you aren't nasty to them you will most likely be invited to eat something and most certainly be offered a drink.

Nebraska fans are passionate about their team, but they for the most part don't get into the name calling as group. You will run into some, but not that many that will be arsholes to you.

The bars are to the south and/or east of the stadium. The tailgating lots are all around the stadium but most are to the northwest.

If you don't mind fighting the crowd the grilled wings at the Watering Hole on O st. are fantastic . . . but it's a damned shame that they changed that place from a dirty dive to an Applebee's-esque establishment.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone - so excited to visit lincoln - pressure is on .... not the game - but the fans

- In the past, Texas A&M and Kan State were amazing

- Norman was so average

I told my son - if this isnt the best trip ever - i will be surprised

PS he has ben assigned homework prior to the trip ---- the history of nebraska football

• Fire 2