Will Carl be on the sidelines Saturday?

NUance

Is Pelini Sicilian?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Carl Pelini says AD's agenda led to firing at FAU
Apr. 18, 2014 12:33 PM EDT
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Carl Pelini said Friday during a radio interview that his firing at Florida Atlantic last year was unjustified and the result of a new athletic director who wanted to hire his own football coach.
<snip>
"Ultimately, I think it boiled down to an athletic director who didn't hire me," Pelini said in the radio interview. "We were making improvements. He came down there from Ohio State. He was their No. 1 fundraiser and made a lot of promises about money he was going to raise and changes we were going to make facilities-wise. He was not having a lot of success and we were growing as a football program. I think he wanted to hitch his reins to a new horse and get some credit for it and wanted to make a change."

Interesting article--in case anyone feels there's no ax to grind here. And to me, Carl's explanation rings true. It's hard to say whether Carl did, or did not, use drugs. (Is that even illegal in South Florida?) I just think AD Pat Chun created the whole controversy to oust Carl and install his own guy. After all, Chun is a fricken Buckeye.

Khartoum!!

I do not even believe this is serious. Especially from you Nuance. We have enough problems, Bo has enough on his plate, then have to answer those type of questions about his brother. He should not be anywhere close on game day.

I have no idea what he did. I was not there, but there is controversy about it. This program needs to be focused for this year, no distractions of any type.

I do not even believe this is serious. Especially from you Nuance. We have enough problems, Bo has enough on his plate, then have to answer those type of questions about his brother. He should not be anywhere close on game day.

I have no idea what he did. I was not there, but there is controversy about it. This program needs to be focused for this year, no distractions of any type.

Ha ha! Who, me?? :lol:

• Fire 1