***OFFICIAL 2014 COLLEGE FOOTBALL DISCUSSION THREAD***

GSG

That's just it, though. If you run a proper rub, it's done in a way that it's so borderline it rarely gets called. The risk is worth the reward. When you do what they did, you're going to get flagged almost every time. It's like the difference between the mild line holding you see almost every play and some lineman literally grabbing a guy and dragging him down as he tries to disengage. One is considered borderline and usually not called, the other will get the laundry pretty much every time.

So we agree then?

That's just it, though. If you run a proper rub, it's done in a way that it's so borderline it rarely gets called. The risk is worth the reward. When you do what they did, you're going to get flagged almost every time. It's like the difference between the mild line holding you see almost every play and some lineman literally grabbing a guy and dragging him down as he tries to disengage. One is considered borderline and usually not called, the other will get the laundry pretty much every time.

It was identical to a play nd scored on in the first half. Fisher complained at halftime and the refs were looking to call it next time. Regardless of if you see it as opi, it was still an ambush.

It was identical to a play nd scored on in the first half. Fisher complained at halftime and the refs were looking to call it next time. Regardless of if you see it as opi, it was still an ambush.

No, it wasn't identical, and maybe that one should've been PI as well. You're just sounding like a whiner now. And I was rooting for ND.

No, it wasn't identical, and maybe that one should've been PI as well. You're just sounding like a whiner now. And I was rooting for ND.

No one is interested in the other team's bad calls. But some calls just set themselves up for a lifetime of memories.

btw I'm up to three uncalled DPIs on the last drive :cop:

lol

an ambush?

per your description what it actually sounds like is you were fortunate to even be in it with chance to win late because your first illegal play shouldn't have been granted

No, because calling it there was not in any way a "dick move." Nor was it the refs being jealous about not having a say in the outcome (serious lulz there). It was just about the only possible outcome. So if you remove your first two lines from the post, sure we agree.

I didnt mean that i thought it was a dick move. I was speaking on behalf of what Notre Dame fan is probably thinking and explaining in my opinion what both sides are thinking of the call.

I thought it was the right call. Picks are illegal. Offensive Pass interference is against the rules. And I have a little extra angst on this rule cuz with Bo's defense and his matchup coverages, we get screwed all the time by the lack of enforcement on this. And those Notre Dame players may no attempt whatsoever to sell it as a route. I think this crap should be called more often.

Also, after seeing the play again, I wonder if those two *blockers* were also thinking maybe that was supposed to be some sort of WR screen. If the pass is behind the line of scrimmage that kind of blocking is legal, is it not? To me, it just seems like something somehow or another was missed there by Notre Dame. I just cant think that two players would make it look so obvious, and make no attempt whatsoever to sell a route, esp when that little flare route was gonna be there anyway for, at the very least, a close play at the pylon.

I didn't realize there were available. Obviously, people will say they are just backing their guys but I didn't look that close at the top receiver who basically did the same thing, although you could say he tried to sell it a little bit.

Skip to 8:37 for the play being discussed above.

Kenny may be "Thrilled" to just get in the game.

Coach Kevin Sumlin announced Tuesday that he’s reevalutating all starters on his football team, including quarterback Kenny Hill. He also said he has confidence in his coaching staff, particularly coordinators Jake Spavital and Mark Snyder.

When asked specifically about Hill, Sumlin said: “I don’t know. We’ve got a bunch of practice. We’ve got plenty of time and plenty of reps to determine … a lot of evaluation going on to be honest with you. “
Hill, a sophomore, edged freshman Kyle Allen for the starting job during August preseason training camp. Hill started the season by leading an upset of then ninth-ranked South Carolina, throwing for a school-record 511 yards.

I didn't realize there were available. Obviously, people will say they are just backing their guys but I didn't look that close at the top receiver who basically did the same thing, although you could say he tried to sell it a little bit.

Skip to 8:37 for the play being discussed above.

My reply to that is that the defenders were blocked away from Robinson who caught the TD. No one was trying to get to Robinson.

The dbs grabbed on and locked up their receivers in press coverage and could have been flagged themselves for holding. Here's the best Irish side of the argument.

http://www.wsbt.com/sports/a-new-look-at-that-controversial-call-during-nd-vs-fsu/29232562