1997 Champs? BTN Says Michigan

i get why both teams would be defensive. who would concede that their championship is less valid? it is the systems fault (more so big 10 and pac 10, but that is neither here nor there) and the best we can do is just accept that we were both champions that year.

Psh. You and your lousy voice of reason.

well, honestly i think we were obviously the better team, it was an injustice we could not play mich., it was their fault we could not play them, and if we had, we would have curb stomped them.

but i would never expect a michigan fan to agree with any of that.

what a crazy system that was.

• Fire 1

I don't know what is funnier, seeing Michigan and Nebraska fans get bent out of shape about this or seeing their respective fan bases wishing it was still 1997..the last time both schools had great teams. ;)

Michigan Fan probably takes comfort in knowing that, no matter what, they have scoreboard on you for that year.

And Ohio Fan can take comfort in the fact that they didn't have to face Nebraska that year, because the beating would have been worse than what they got from TSUN.

Michigan fans wish OSU still had Cooper and Ohio State fans can take comfort knowing Cooper hasn't been our coach for a long time.

The fact people still argue over a split national champion after all these years is funny to me because you really don't know who would win the game unless they played it out on the field. Example: OSU vs Miami in the BCS championship game. If you asked everyone before that game, 99 out of 100 would have said Miami would kill OSU.

Stick around a couple more weeks until Miami Fan shows up and we'll talk about the pass interference penalty, and you can show us all how there's no argument "after all these years."

I don't know what is funnier, seeing Michigan and Nebraska fans get bent out of shape about this or seeing their respective fan bases wishing it was still 1997..the last time both schools had great teams. ;)

Michigan Fan probably takes comfort in knowing that, no matter what, they have scoreboard on you for that year.

And Ohio Fan can take comfort in the fact that they didn't have to face Nebraska that year, because the beating would have been worse than what they got from TSUN.

Michigan fans wish OSU still had Cooper and Ohio State fans can take comfort knowing Cooper hasn't been our coach for a long time.

The fact people still argue over a split national champion after all these years is funny to me because you really don't know who would win the game unless they played it out on the field. Example: OSU vs Miami in the BCS championship game. If you asked everyone before that game, 99 out of 100 would have said Miami would kill OSU.

Stick around a couple more weeks until Miami Fan shows up and we'll talk about the pass interference penalty, and you can show us all how there's no argument "after all these years."

LOL...all 6 Miami fans will show up on HuskerBoard?

On a side note, I was listening to SVP on ESPN a few days ago and they talked about that play saying how it was a good call. I was surprised because most ESPN guys wouldn't say that, I think. Either way, that was over 10 years ago. Miami can pull a A&M/Auburn go back and claim the NC if they want.

You're missing the point. You're giggling at Nebraska Fan/Michigan Fan because we're still talking about 1997. I go to Buckeye Planet and start a thread claiming Miami should have won that game because that holding penalty was BS, and there'll be 100 replies in two hours.

You can be the pot or the kettle in this conversation. Which do you choose?

You're missing the point. You're giggling at Nebraska Fan/Michigan Fan because we're still talking about 1997. I go to Buckeye Planet and start a thread claiming Miami should have won that game because that holding penalty was BS, and there'll be 100 replies in two hours.

I just read Bo hates pot. So I prefer kettle.

Yes it is, whats also cute is that U of M had the #1 hardest schedule out of the top 112 teams and the #1 defense in the country allowing around 13 point on average per game with most games holding opponents below 10 points. And what do they say wins Championships? Defense!

Or 36th, but you know, whatever.

http://www.huskermax.com/games/1997/sagarin97.html

http://www.oocities.org/marshallfan99/sag97fteam.html

In my book they are idiots as well. It happened over 10 years ago, let it go. So what does that make me? Pot or Kettle?

All I'm going to add in addition to my original post is this. I like to think that I can look at things without too much bias in cases such as this. For example, if someone really wanted to complain about being screwed, that would be Penn State in 1994. If we had to line up with those guys, I think it would have been a hell of a game. We may have even lost given the rustiness of Tommie Frazier. I don't think we would have, but I think it would have been a single score game and one play could have been the deciding factor. But anything could have happened and I totally get PSU feeling like they got the shaft. Fact is, if they hadn't joined the Big 10 we would have been playing them for the Natty(unless I'm missing something). So they sort of did it to themselves.

Regarding 1997 though, barring Scott Frost getting injured in the first quarter, we would have bent Michigan over to the tune of a 2 TD game at least. That's just the way I see it. There was NO WAY that team was going to let T.O. go out with a loss. Just wasn't going to happen. Those guys were god damn insane about wanting to dominate their opponent. I wish we had that killer instinct back like we had back then.

It's a bit funny looking at the panic in this thread, it's like someone stuck a stick in a bee hive. Seriously though, we all know perfectly well there has never been a college championship, only some random opinionated post season nonsense.

bidenlaugh.gif

That's cute.

Yes it is, whats also cute is that U of M had the #1 hardest schedule out of the top 112 teams and the #1 defense in the country allowing around 13 point on average per game with most games holding opponents below 10 points. And what do they say wins Championships? Defense!

So hardest schedule, top defense, born champions..... in a sport without a proper one.

My response to your first post...

giphy.gif

My response when I realized you were serious about Michigan being the better team

Statler-and-Waldorf-New-Muppet-Movie.jpg

• Fire 1