Why didn't we see more of Cross?

Dagerow

I don't get the infatuation with Cross. He can really only run straight ahead. He can't be used on any plays that are run sideways. I haven't seen him used in the passing game. Also, he caused a 5 yard penalty when he was motioning the same time Newby was yesterday.

To me, the play book is more open with Newby than Cross.

• Fire 1

I said this yesterday. Cross has been there done that, he doesn't need the experience carries Newby does.

That's a good point. Newby needs to get some more carries and experience. Also NU was gashing FAU with outside runs, and those are the runs that Newby excels at.

There will be days where NU will need and use Cross's straight-ahead, "hammer" style of running.

• Fire 1

I said this yesterday. Cross has been there done that, he doesn't need the experience carries Newby does.

That's a good point. Newby needs to get some more carries and experience. Also NU was gashing FAU with outside runs, and those are the runs that Newby excels at.

There will be days where NU will need and use Cross's straight-ahead, "hammer" style of running.

Did someone say HAMMER TIME?!?!??

giphy.gif

After further review this "Hammer" Style of running does not seem to be running straight up and down but rather side to side shuffle more than a run? Please confirm or deny.

• Fire 3