Rece Davis Hating Ameer

Zaimejs

Boy, you heard that wrong. Davis and the ESPN panel were actually making the case FOR Ameer, but accurately noting the odds against him (too many quarterbacks in the running, underwhelming Husker team). It was also multiple ESPN crews that created the Suh for Heisman bandwagon in 2009, while doubting that the actual Heisman voters would have the balls to break tradition.

Hating Ameer? Where does this sh#t come from?

• Fire 1

Boy, you heard that wrong. Davis and the ESPN panel were actually making the case FOR Ameer, but accurately noting the odds against him (too many quarterbacks in the running, underwhelming Husker team). It was also multiple ESPN crews that created the Suh for Heisman bandwagon in 2009, while doubting that the actual Heisman voters would have the balls to break tradition.

ESPN hates Nebraska
  • Fire 1

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but we were watching ESPN after the game, and Lou Holz was talking up Nebraska... how this wasn't the end of the world. Then for no reason at all... Rece (I think it was him) said that "Even though Abdullah won't win the Heisman..."

Who says that this early in the season about any really good player? Like it's already decided? It pissed me and my people off.

Running backs with only 8 carries in the second half and 50ish rushing yards against narrow wins on FCS teams don't win heismans.

They also,don't play for 4+ loss teams.

This does not mean that Ameer isn't amazing mind you. But let's project our anger towards the correct cause.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but we were watching ESPN after the game, and Lou Holz was talking up Nebraska... how this wasn't the end of the world. Then for no reason at all... Rece (I think it was him) said that "Even though Abdullah won't win the Heisman..."

Who says that this early in the season about any really good player? Like it's already decided? It pissed me and my people off.

Running backs with only 8 carries in the second half and 50ish rushing yards against narrow wins on FCS teams don't win heismans.

This does not mean that Ameer isn't amazing mind you. But let's project our anger towards the correct cause.

Leave the + out it has been a long time since we lost 5 games lol.... But I do agree Heismans don't usually come from 4 loss teams

I thought the same thing, and then tonight Rece Davis was fawning over Ameer on College Football Final. They named his TD reception their play of the day and gave him a helmet sticker.

Polo...You can sometimes be a turd in the punchbowl but I agree with you on this. If you go back and look at the past winners lately, all played for teams, except Manziel, that went on to win something of importance. If by chance we do come out B1G champs with maybe 1 loss, he will be in NY.