*** 2017 Recruiting ***

Most people were wrong on Simmons.

Eh ... his Crystal Ball was 87% Clemson with no Husker picks. So "most people" had to pretty much be Husker fans still hoping to get his commitment.

That may have been true at the end. But, at one time, weren't a lot of people predicting Nebraska with him?

Yes, until Clemson offered. Then it became pretty obvious that he was going to choose them. But - if I remember correctly - Clouse was still staying he thought he'd choose us. Plus there were at least a couple others last year who he thought we'd get to commit who didn't. And a couple who he was pretty sure were going to visit and didn't.

19-22 is the number as of now.

Priority:

DT - Only four left after this year. Behind by not taking one last year. For sure need two.

DE - Numbers aren't bad but really need some game-changers

TE - Only three after this year but at least they're young.

OT - Sitting well now with two commits.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA

RB - 1 - Jamari Peacock

FB - 0-1 - Ben Miles

WR - 4 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Tyjon Lindsey, Joseph Lewis

TE - 2-3 - AUSTIN ALLEN, Josh Falo

OT - 2-3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Ryan Nelson, Broc Bando, Aaron Banks

OG/C - 1-2 -

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, Isaiah Johnson (JUCO), Rutger Reitmaier

DE - 2-3 - Guy Thomas, Jacob Lichtenstein

LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, Nadarius Fagan, Rahyme Johnson

CB - 1-2 - Darnay Holmes, Deommodore Lenoir, Elijah Blades

S - 1-2 -

Mav, would you mind updating your list? Wondering where we are at with Bando's commitment, and who the top DB targets are, now. Thanks

Yeah, I've been meaning to do that this week but just haven't gotten around to it. I'll try to do that this weekend.

There will be a lot of different names on there now. That's kind of why I wait until there is some legit interest to start adding guys - like when they actually visit. I think that give a much better picture of who's actually interested.

Key dates before the start of the 2016 football season

June 27 - July 10: FBS recruiting dead period

July 11: FBS recruiting quiet period begins

Late July: College football fall camps begin

Sept. 1: FBS recruiting evaluation period begins (42 days from Sept.-Nov.)

can someone explain the difference between the dead period (that I understand) and the quiet period? I'm assuming the quiet period is the same as the dead period?

Contact period

The most wide-open time. During this time, coaches can visit with prospects and families regardless of location. In-person contact is permitted once per week. Note that a coach cannot visit a school multiple times in one week if it has more than one prospect. Electronic and written communications are also permitted.

This is when tales of coaches praising Mama's cooking are born, during in-home visits.

Evaluation period

Considerably more restrictive than the contact period in one key way: off campus face-to-face contact is not permitted. That means no home visits. Coaches can still visit a prospect's school. Visits to schools are ostensibly for the purpose of evaluation. Prospects can visit colleges and receive written and electronic communication. Many scholarship offers go out in this period.

Quiet period

The quiet period tightens things a bit more, preventing any off-campus contact or viewing. Visits to the college's campus and written or electronic communications are still permitted. Coaches often try to have prospects visit campus unofficially during this time in the spring and early summer, so that they can become familiar with campus.

Dead period

The dead period is the most restrictive. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted. And yet, prospects still do decide to commit to schools in late December and early January, often because they've considered all their options, taken all their visits, and are ready to pull the trigger.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/12/17/7401635/ncaa-football-recruiting-periods-dead-quiet-evaluation

• Fire 3

Wow....about one month till fall camp starts.

That's a slap in the face for me since I have a hell of a lot more to do before summer is over.

Wow....about one month till fall camp starts.

That's a slap in the face for me since I have a hell of a lot more to do before summer is over.

Yeah, and we've got a week and a half until media days start. The boring part of the offseason is almost over.

Finally getting this updated. Lots of changes. Let me know if I missed someone.

Priority:
DT - Only four left after this year. Behind by not taking one last year. For sure need two.
DE - Numbers aren't bad but really need some game-changers
TE - Only three after this year but at least they're young.
OT - Sitting well now with two commits - Put Bando at Guard for now because we're still looking for another OT.

-----------------------------------------

QB - 1 - TRISTAN GEBBIA
RB - 1 - Jamari Peacock
FB - 0-1 - Ben Miles
WR - 4 - KEYSHAWN JOHNSON Jr., JAEVON McQUITTY, Jamire Calvin, Tyjon Lindsey, Joseph Lewis
TE - 3 - AUSTIN ALLEN, Reese Leitao, Kurt Rafdal, Cade Otton
OT - 3 - BRENDEN JAIMES, MATT SICHTERMAN, Ryan Nelson, Aaron Banks, Austin Jackson
OG/C - 1-2 - BROC BANDO

DT - 2-3 - DEONTRE THOMAS, Damion Daniels, Ben Hutch
DE - 1-2 - ROBERT PORCHER, Guy Thomas, Martin Andrus
LB - 3 - WILLIE HAMPTON, AVERY ROBERTS, Rahyme Johnson, Addison Gumbs
CB - 1-2 - Darnay Holmes, Jaylon Redd
S - 1-2 - Jaylen Kelly-Powell, Nick Pickett

Edited by Mavric
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2017 Recruiting ***