Injuries & personnel losses take their toll

I wondered how long it would take the Bo apologists to bring out the injury excuse. I never imagined it would be Week 2.

Our third string players at every position are superior to every one of the players on McNeese State. Injuries had nothing to do with today's game; the lack of adjustments and faulty schemes are the culprit.

My my that's a little bit of a reach.

I wondered how long it would take the Bo apologists to bring out the injury excuse. I never imagined it would be Week 2.

Our third string players at every position are superior to every one of the players on McNeese State. Injuries had nothing to do with today's game; the lack of adjustments and faulty schemes are the culprit.

Its no an excuse. Its a reason. Ohio st is gonna go from likely playoff contender to probably 4-6 losses because of ONE guy.

Our list is already too damn long.

Its no an excuse. Its a reason. Ohio st is gonna go from likely playoff contender to probably 4-6 losses because of ONE guy.

I don't think anyone on the planet would justify an OSU loss to a 1-AA team just because Braxton Miller is out.

Also, our list of injuries is "too damn long" every year. Most are non-contact injures. If Bo were half a coach, you think he might shake some things around with the S&C program.

It's really not. 1-AA means all 100 or so 1-A programs passed on those players. There's a reason the odd makers gave them a 1% chance of winning.

I don't think anyone on the planet would justify an OSU loss to a 1-AA team just because Braxton Miller is out.

Also, our list of injuries is "too damn long" every year. Most are non-contact injures. If Bo were half a coach, you think he might shake some things around with the S&C program.

No no no. There is no excuse for today. I agree with that. But when you have injury problems it dors affect things. And this is not a nebraska problem as much want something to point a finger at.

It's really not. 1-AA means all 100 or so 1-A programs passed on those players. There's a reason the odd makers gave them a 1% chance of winning.

There are a lot of FBS players that transfer to FCS programs. McNeese has 12 players that played FBS ball before transferring.

Yup we need our S&C to strengthen our teams ligaments and tendons. Enough with these "non-contact" ACL injuries

• 1 month later...

I've been thinking about that too, didn't want to call a guy out, but damn. Biggest game of the season and the team captain and our top wide receiver didn't want to be on the field for a potential game winning drive, but he'll be back next game. I was disappointed, but it seems like he gets shaken up in a game and he takes himself out. Too worried about the pros?

I won't guess as to Kenny Bells toughness or that stuff. I do know though that a groin injury is very tricky injury. I had one, several times and have had some very good athletes have them over the years. It gets pulled the 1st time and it just lingers the whole season sometimes. I've had kids do exactly what Kenny's doing. Leave during a game but by Wed. the next week they feel ok and play again that weekend and it takes just a tweak to reinjure it. For some reason, some kids seem to feel better quickly and can run and cut but it is easier to pull after the 1st time. My guess is with the field conditions that game, one of his feet slid a little and of course the reaction is to try and maintain balance and that's when it tweaks again. It really can be a lingering and frustrating injury.

What I don't understand is how Kenny goes years without injury and then suddlenly gets "hurt" in games here and there and sits out the rest of the game and then is back for the next game. Sounds like a case of pussitis

Ding ding ding.. I have always thought this was a very overrated receiver. Dont get me wrong. He has made some nice catches and a clutch one here and there. Just not a game in and game out guy.