Penn State Bowl Eligible and Full Scholarships Next Year

Creed

I think everyone who can be convinced already has been convinced, so there is no detterent effect in the last year of sanctions. It is only a question of whether you think the crime itself demands a certain threshhold of suffering.

I think, after seeing how the NCAA operates, you are better off trying to cover up your transgressions and lie if you get caught.

Be disgusted at the poor response and punishment in the first place, not the rescinding of misguided punishment that affects people uninvolved more than anyone else.

The punishment rarely punishes those involved. USC is still paying for the sins of those that are long gone.

Not necessarily.

Yes, I agree that the players and coaches are long gone. However, I would assume the fans/boosters who paid the players and actually instigated the problem are still fans of the program and aren't happy that they aren't winning championships.

How funny would it be if PSU runs the table and makes the playoffs? With OSU and Mich tanking the only tough game on their schedule is a home game vs Mich State. Maybe the Maryland game trips them up but I think Maryland, OSU and Mich are very winnable.

Wouldnt shock me. It's a huge wake up call. Them guys have something to play for now. talk about a motivation kicker.

How funny would it be if PSU runs the table and makes the playoffs? With OSU and Mich tanking the only tough game on their schedule is a home game vs Mich State. Maybe the Maryland game trips them up but I think Maryland, OSU and Mich are very winnable.

Wouldnt shock me. It's a huge wake up call. Them guys have something to play for now. talk about a motivation kicker.

Can you imagine how ape-$hit SEC fans will go if their #2 team is left out b/c of Penn State?

Can you imagine how ape-$hit SEC fans will go if their #2 team is left out b/c of Penn State?

For this reason alone, I will become a PSU fan for the year

• Fire 1

OSU loses one game and suddenly they are "tanking" and on par with Maryland?

OSU has lost 3 out of their last 4 games so it has left a bad taste for some. They will go through some growing pains but I think they will be fine be the end of the season. I think some Buckeye fans, as well as others, have unrealistic expectations. Sure, I hope they win all their games, but I understand how hard that is to accomplish.

OSU has lost 3 out of their last 4 games so it has left a bad taste for some. They will go through some growing pains but I think they will be fine be the end of the season. I think some Buckeye fans, as well as others, have unrealistic expectations. Sure, I hope they win all their games, but I understand how hard that is to accomplish.

Cue a Urban health crisis!

Cue a Urban health crisis!

That will wait until Miller is done next season ;)

I think everyone who can be convinced already has been convinced, so there is no detterent effect in the last year of sanctions. It is only a question of whether you think the crime itself demands a certain threshhold of suffering.

And yet Ohio State still has part of their sanctions in effect currently.

And yet Ohio State still has part of their sanctions in effect currently.

Which ones?

OSU still has reduced scholarships for this season.