Reading Between the Lines: Hail Varsity and Tim Beck's Comments

I don't get what the reporters want out of the coaches during these press conferences

Why did things go wrong and how are you going to fix them? These are perfectly legitimate questions to ask coaches. In fact, they are the only two that needed to be asked, except for the status of injured players after the last game.

It might be a good idea to have Banderas cover Abdullah coming out of the backfield during practice. Who better?

I don't get what the reporters want out of the coaches during these press conferences

Why did things go wrong and how are you going to fix them? These are perfectly legitimate questions to ask coaches. In fact, they are the only two that needed to be asked, except for the status of injured players after the last game.

It might be a good idea to have Banderas cover Abdullah coming out of the backfield during practice. Who better?

You might notice in the other Hail Varsity link that Z Anderson needs a rep or two at this also.

The reason why the players, specifically the offensive line played like garbage is that they were probably out late the night before partying it up, getting beer bellys to match Cottons. Teams, even real good teams lose focus and the sad thing is...we've heard about this lack of focus in greater detail in the past with Pelini teams. The mental aspect needs to be there for the players if they want to make it to Indy this year....

• Fire 3

The reason why the players, specifically the offensive line played like garbage is that they were probably out late the night before partying it up, getting beer bellys to match Cottons. Teams, even real good teams lose focus and the sad thing is...we've heard about this lack of focus in greater detail in the past with Pelini teams. The mental aspect needs to be there for the players if they want to make it to Indy this year....

Just kidding, right?. Or else you are confused with North Dallas Forty OL's

vlcsnap-2013-03-23-14h18m37s132.png

We are two games into the season folks, things can and should get better. If it bothers you that people read too much into coaches words then I won't add to that here but allow me to say this. I think Beck has sounded defeated multiple times in the past and McNeese St. was no different. I hope behind the scenes this team sees a coach who believes in them, motivates them and puts them in a position to succeed. We as fans don't have a clue how Beck is behind the scenes, we only get what he gives us through the media, so let's not get all butt hurt when fans judge him based off the only information we have. It was the same with Bo Pelini and the stories of how great he is behind the scenes. fans perception can only be based upon the things given to the public.

That all said, I've seen enough of Tim Beck as a coach, and I've seen his offenses enough to tell you definitively that I'm not a fan of his coaching style, nor a fan his offensive system or scheme. I haven't been and I don't believe I ever will be. I'll root and cheer and I hope we score points, I'm just not a fan of this type of football. I think we still try to do too much on both sides of the ball. Give me Stanford or Alabama all day. I think Beck needs to seriously overhaul the way he does things, but it doesn't matter what I think.

Now, I didn't say I hate the guy. I didn't say I want him fired. I just said I'm not a fan. If we win games though, I'll not complain too much.

• Fire 1

We are two games into the season folks, things can and should get better. If it bothers you that people read too much into coaches words then I won't add to that here but allow me to say this. I think Beck has sounded defeated multiple times in the past and McNeese St. was no different. I hope behind the scenes this team sees a coach who believes in them, motivates them and puts them in a position to succeed. We as fans don't have a clue how Beck is behind the scenes, we only get what he gives us through the media, so let's not get all butt hurt when fans judge him based off the only information we have. It was the same with Bo Pelini and the stories of how great he is behind the scenes. fans perception can only be based upon the things given to the public.

That all said, I've seen enough of Tim Beck as a coach, and I've seen his offenses enough to tell you definitively that I'm not a fan of his coaching style, nor a fan his offensive system or scheme. I haven't been and I don't believe I ever will be. I'll root and cheer and I hope we score points, I'm just not a fan of this type of football. I think we still try to do too much on both sides of the ball. Give me Stanford or Alabama all day. I think Beck needs to seriously overhaul the way he does things, but it doesn't matter what I think.

Now, I didn't say I hate the guy. I didn't say I want him fired. I just said I'm not a fan. If we win games though, I'll not complain too much.

the NE coaches came through last year and tried to teach the guy how to use his TE's.......he ran one play with Ameer last week in the fourth quarter....damn, how thick is this guy and seriously, why does Bo put up with this sh#t......he is gonna get his ass run off!

Give me Stanford or Alabama all day. I think Beck needs to seriously overhaul the way he does things, but it doesn't matter what I think.

I just gotta interject here since David Shaw was getting drilled for being too simple/conservative/predictable and losing to USC.

I mean, they went all Ferentz.: 4th and 22 at USC 29 Ben Rhyne punt for 29 yds for a touchback

Give me Stanford or Alabama all day. I think Beck needs to seriously overhaul the way he does things, but it doesn't matter what I think.

I just gotta interject here since David Shaw was getting drilled for being too simple/conservative/predictable and losing to USC.

I mean, they went all Ferentz.: 4th and 22 at USC 29 Ben Rhyne punt for 29 yds for a touchback

I'd still back the Brinks truck up in a heartbeat to get him or Roman.