Students are Confused Over What Color to Wear

Landlord

One wonders if anyone has checked the teams performance when things like this are scheduled, starting with Texas 06.

Yes... because the shirt color of the crowd is why we lose games............

I think he's referring to everytime we do it, the team seams to sh#t their pants. An arguement can be made for all whites and reds dating all the way back to '86 as well. Alternate unis. The whole nine yards. Makes more and more and more disregard it all together the next time with each failure.

Assuming we've only had 3 alt uni games (I have a bad memory), we've won 2/3. Unless you consider the all "normal" whites or all "normal" reds an alt uni.

One wonders if anyone has checked the teams performance when things like this are scheduled, starting with Texas 06.

I think he's referring to everytime we do it, the team seams to sh#t their pants. An arguement can be made for all whites and reds dating all the way back to '86 as well. Alternate unis. The whole nine yards. Makes more and more and more disregard it all together the next time with each failure.

Assuming we've only had 3 alt uni games (I have a bad memory), we've won 2/3. Unless you consider the all "normal" whites or all "normal" reds an alt uni.

I dont wanna get into a nitpick discussion. It's just a generalization. And at this point I cant help but feel similar. We have a hard enough time just showing up and takin care of business on a consistent basis. It's a pretty accurate observation to say this team over the years has a hard time with additional "things" like blackouts and alternate unis.

I dont wanna get into a nitpick discussion. It's just a generalization. And at this point I cant help but feel similar. We have a hard enough time just showing up and takin care of business on a consistent basis. It's a pretty accurate observation to say this team over the years has a hard time with additional "things" like blackouts and alternate unis.

I want to get into a nitpick discussion! :D

I think a better argument is that the team often does poorly when the game has too much hype or a complete lack of hype. And it so happens that a lot of those too-hyped games attract things like blackouts.

I have my own stigmatas concerning Husker football.

-If Im in Lincoln during a home game, we lose

-If we are down on the road I grab a shirt from my closet and make a homeade shirt of opposing team to wear. We then comeback to win. (This has worked at least a half dozen times)

-If we are down big at home I must go outside and sit on the cooler of beer until game is under control or over.

But, student section blackouts being a cause of poor on field play? Pure lunacy!!!

• Fire 1

I think a better argument is that the team often does poorly when the game has too much hype or a complete lack of hype. And it so happens that a lot of those too-hyped games attract things like blackouts.

There you go. That's what im gettin at. It just creates this perception that blackouts, althernate unis and so on result in failure. So the next time we try to do it, there's just even more "meh" about it.

And if you wanna nitpick, i can argue that based on what our uniforms have consistently been, we wore alternates against OU in 1986, then we wore all whites for road games in '92 against Washington, Missouri, and Iowa St. We wore all whites in 2007 against Colorado, and the alternates for the 2009 ULL game, Wiscy 2012, and UCLA 2013. We are 3-5 in those games. And for the sake of nitpicking, Im not sure it's possible to come out playing a game as bad as we did to start that 2012 Wiscy game.

Then of course we could count the 2002 season as all alternates, which wound up as 7-7. First year doing a drastic change in unis, and we put forth the worst season in 35 years. So that's a big blip on the althernates.

Then the blackouts, which I'm having a hard time recalling how many times this has been efforted. I remember the 2006 Texas game as the first real one. Was there one in Bo's first year, 2008 agaist Va Tech? then I think it's pretty much been at rest until UCLA last year, which was mostly inspired by the black alternates. But we also had the students with the black towels against Wiscy 2012, and Michigan was supposed to be for the whole stadium, but that was an epic fail.

I heard NU fans would fill in one-fourth of the seats in Bulldogs stadium (a.l.a. Notre Dame in 2000). Unfortunately Fresno St. is red color too. Best solution: Corn ear hats wearing Bulldogs stadium.

We returned most of our ticket allotment so I doubt it.

stubhub, etc. Returning tickets is nothing new.

Just checked stubhub. Prices starting under 40$. dont know what the U was asking for, but I would bet it was substantially higher. Just think of the bowl game and CCG's. A lot more fans at them games than what the school's sales suggest. There's a large Nebraska following in California. They'll be there.

There you go. That's what im gettin at. It just creates this perception that blackouts, althernate unis and so on result in failure. So the next time we try to do it, there's just even more "meh" about it.

And if you wanna nitpick, i can argue that based on what our uniforms have consistently been, we wore alternates against OU in 1986, then we wore all whites for road games in '92 against Washington, Missouri, and Iowa St. We wore all whites in 2007 against Colorado, and the alternates for the 2009 ULL game, Wiscy 2012, and UCLA 2013. We are 3-5 in those games. And for the sake of nitpicking, Im not sure it's possible to come out playing a game as bad as we did to start that 2012 Wiscy game.

Then of course we could count the 2002 season as all alternates, which wound up as 7-7. First year doing a drastic change in unis, and we put forth the worst season in 35 years. So that's a big blip on the althernates.

Then the blackouts, which I'm having a hard time recalling how many times this has been efforted. I remember the 2006 Texas game as the first real one. Was there one in Bo's first year, 2008 agaist Va Tech? then I think it's pretty much been at rest until UCLA last year, which was mostly inspired by the black alternates. But we also had the students with the black towels against Wiscy 2012, and Michigan was supposed to be for the whole stadium, but that was an epic fail.

I'll nitpick. Forgot the all whites in the 91 Citrus Bowl against Georgia Tech. So that puts the record at 3-6.

End rant.