Crappiest place you lived (The structure, not just location)

Got my first teaching job in Filley NE 3 days before school started. Had to find a cheap place to live fast. Filley had nothing started looking in Tecumseh about 20 miles away. A lady was turning the old motel into apartments. I had 2 rooms 1 had kind of a kitchen. It had a fridge, stove and sink in it. The other room was the bedroom I guess. It had a sink in it with a little toilet/shower area off of it. No furniture.

I took the mattress off of an old hide a bed I had and threw it on the floor and slept on it. I had a folding chair to sit on. The lady took pity on me about a week after I moved into the place and put an old recliner in the place for me to sit on.

I had an old 13" black and white TV with rabbit ears. If I got them in just the right position and propped my feet up right I could watch a fuzzy Monday Night Football.

It was 75 bucks a month rent all utilities. I lived there for 2 months.

Got my first teaching job in Filley NE 3 days before school started. Had to find a cheap place to live fast. Filley had nothing started looking in Tecumseh about 20 miles away. A lady was turning the old motel into apartments. I had 2 rooms 1 had kind of a kitchen. It had a fridge, stove and sink in it. The other room was the bedroom I guess. It had a sink in it with a little toilet/shower area off of it. No furniture.

I took the mattress off of an old hide a bed I had and threw it on the floor and slept on it. I had a folding chair to sit on. The lady took pity on me about a week after I moved into the place and put an old recliner in the place for me to sit on.

I had an old 13" black and white TV with rabbit ears. If I got them in just the right position and propped my feet up right I could watch a fuzzy Monday Night Football.

Ha! That is awesome! How long ago?

I guess that currently I own a Celebrity/Heartstone home...and its pretty crappy!

How old is it and what is the model name? I may have built it.

Not sure on the name...I think its like 12 years old.

How do you like those foam exterior walls?

I hate it all! Its like there are not even windows because of all the cold air that comes in!

I guess that currently I own a Celebrity/Heartstone home...and its pretty crappy!

How old is it and what is the model name? I may have built it.

Not sure on the name...I think its like 12 years old.

How do you like those foam exterior walls?

I hate it all! Its like there are not even windows because of all the cold air that comes in!

I always shook my head every time I built a Celebrity Homes house. How they did the absolute minimum to get a house up.

I am shocked that they can even be classified as a house

But why would I buy a 20 year old home when I can get a brand new house for the same price?

Trees and traffic.

. . . and quality of construction. Haha.

I've (unsuccessfully) tried to talk multiple friends out of building Celebrity or Heritage homes. They have some serious regrets.

But why would I buy a 20 year old home when I can get a brand new house for the same price?

Trees and traffic.

I've (unsuccessfully) tried to talk multiple friends out of building Celebrity or Heritage homes. They have some serious regrets.

If the wall sheathing would have been all OSB, it would have only added a few hundred bucks to the cost of building it. Always seemed like an unnecessary sacrifice.

Trees and traffic.

Ugh me too, those houses are crap. I own a 1920s house that is completely renovated and couldn't be happier, you get the old school quality with a new age look.

You taught in Filley? When?

You taught in Filley? When?

1 year 1990-91

My 1st apt when I moved to Lincoln. The landlord was Century. Don't rent from them if you can avoid it.

It was a basement apartment and whenever it rained, water came through the kitchen window like a waterfall. After the first time I called them, a dude came the next day and put a little dryer on the floor and then left, like that was going to solve anything. I made at least 10 calls and went to their offices to talk to a manger in person (who didn't even bother apologizing) and they never did anything until they hired a new guy who came and looked at it. It finally got fixed like a week before I was moving out and they tried to get me to stay, heh.

Kinda glad in retrospect because my new apt is great and I've been here over 3 years now.