Crappiest place you lived (The structure, not just location)

For one year, I had to live on "main street" of a small town...The apartment was above a law office...

1. The office controlled the thermostat: At night it would get so cold I had to sleep in sweats, two blankets and have a space heater

2. The bathroom was so small and poorly designed that I had to sit on the toilet sideways, if I didn't, my knees would hit the wall in front of me.

3. The rent was a plus...only 180 a month!

Mine is tie between several places:

Boron, CA-God awful armpit of a desert town

Trailer park in Holdrege, NE. Enough said.

College apartment. Had a drug dealer living one floor below me and a hooker (o just a slut) living a floor above me. The dealer always hung out outside the main entrance with his crew and scared the crap out of my gf every time she visited. The girl living above me had a squeaky bed and was very loud during her sessions.

I can honestly say I really haven't lived in a really crappy place. I guess the one I liked the least was my roommate and I in college thought we wanted to get away from the college scene about our Junior year. We rented a house about a block south of Lincoln General Hospital (Bryan East now). It ended up having a few mice and they rented the basement to two guys who were druggies that caused a few interesting moments. The one was a veteran who had just gotten back from the invasion of Grenada. He would get drugged up and act like he had spent 3 years in Vietnam.

Just wasn't really what we were looking for. The next year we moved back around campus.

I lived just off of a "Main Street" in small, crap town as well, although I literally lived on the other side of the tracks. 500+ car freight trains rolling through on the hour. Antique shops, local banks, and carniceria's made up the "industry" in downtown.

My apartment was a unit in one of two converted large, old houses. Limited AC in the summer and a moderate gnat infestation problem (which I probably contributed to). The on-site property manager was an old drunk who spent his time chatting up teenagers in online "flirt" chatrooms (he showed me once) and having local prostitutes over to his place. The couple next door consisted of a woman who has on her 4th kid with a 4th guy (she was a year older than me, so, 24) and the boyfriend was really friendly...although I used to see him sell drugs to high school kids late at night out of the back of his apartment. Walking to the post office was an adventure as most of the pit bulls and other aggressive breeds were never chained.

I made friends with the mechanic whose shop was across the street and he gave me the hookup on parts for my car, though.

I lived in a one bedroom apartment near the airport in El Segundo, CA. My front door opened to a narrow space between the our apartment building and the next building, close enough so no sunlight ever got in. The sidewalk between the buildings led to the back alley where both buildings kept their trash cans. It was like a dungeon back there in that little apartment. The upside was that it was only four blocks or so to the beach where I went jogging in the mornings.

After a few months I moved into a 2nd story two bedroom place on the other side of the building. It had a large balcony that looked out over the city. Great place! I lived there for over four years. The only downside was that we got a lot of smog from the planes taking off from LAX a mile or so away.

================

Up to the time I was four years old we lived in a trailer house on Cornhusker highway in Lincoln NE, near a truck stop. I guess that was actually worse than the dungeon apartment in LA. But when you're a little kid you don't realize how crappy your surroundings are.

Farm House outside my small town. Huge place $400 a month. Had no fridge but it was winter anyway. Pipes broke at one point so had no toilet at one point. Heat was ground level only so my bedroom upstairs was heated by a soace heater.

The previous tennants got pushed out by the mice. But......There was this awesome side room where a ping pong table and my bar fit tso parties were pretty epic.

I lived in a well known gang area here in the Des Moines Metro Area for several years. Went to wash the car one day and as I was pulling out of my townhome complex I watched a guy get shot with a AK-47 several times for trying to steal a car stereo. He got in his car after being shot, drove 100 yards down the street, hit a telephone pole and fell out of his car back onto the street. Somehow he didn't die, but I got the hell outta that place shortly thereafter. The townhome itself was nice and brand new.

I lived in a well known gang area here in the Des Moines Metro Area for several years. Went to wash the car one day and as I was pulling out of my townhome complex I watched a guy get shot with a AK-47 several times for trying to steal a car stereo. He got in his car after being shot, drove 100 yards down the street, hit a telephone pole and fell out of his car back onto the street. Somehow he didn't die, but I got the hell outta that place shortly thereafter. The townhome itself was nice and brand new.

East of Drake. Somewhere around Evelyn Davis Park.

No, SE 22nd and King on the SE side by the river bottoms. The parts you talk about are the worst in Des Moines though. My area had a LARGE amount of apartments and there are several different gangs in the different complexes. My parents still live over in that area where I moved from!

No, SE 22nd and King on the SE side by the river bottoms. The parts you talk about are the worst in Des Moines though. My area had a LARGE amount of apartments and there are several different gangs in the different complexes. My parents still live over in that area where I moved from!

I just remember something similar happening when I lived there and thought it was in the Evelyn Davis Park area. Probably two different incidents. Or...I could be totally wrong.

Tucson is a sh#t hole, I was born there and we go back every few years. My parents house was broken into multiple times, my dad was robbed at gunpoint, my aunt's bike shop was broken into and the front windows smashed. That town can burn in hell. The house was near the barrio, the Hispanic ghetto basically.

Yeah but you could go take in an HIW deathmach so that was something cool

Teach, 3 other guys, and I lived in a house on 30th & T during our last 2 years in college. That place was awful, but it served our college needs pretty well. Now that I think of it, it was a better house than some of our friends lived in on 23rd & U. Now, that place was a complete s-hole.

We lived in a freaking palace compared to 23rd and U!