Crappiest place you lived (The structure, not just location)

Three room house in Madison NE - Front room, bedroom, kitchen. No hallways. Had to go THROUGH the bedroom to get from the front room too the kitchen. In winter my new bride and I would lay in bed and watch the curtains move in the wind passing through the cracks of the window. No caulking at all

Once upon a time I lived in an apartment above a bar in North Platte. The apartment itself was a sh#t pile. For a while the bathtub plumbing leaked through the floor, into the bar. It took the landlord about 2 months to get it fixed. I've had walk-in closets larger than the "living room" in that apartment. I wasn't supposed to use the bar parking lot, so I was expected to park 2 blocks away or risk a parking ticket. Let's just say I have a lot of outstanding parking tickets in Lincoln County. The view was ventilation systems, a brick wall, and a large flock of pigeons.

-however-

It was above a bar.

That was the 2nd worst apartment I occupied in North Platte. The worst was a tiny efficiency apartment. Let me put it this way; the day I moved in the landlord said she didn't care if I "sold drugs or anything like that".

Luxury! You all were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down at the mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!