**** What did we learn - Miami Edition ****

walksalone

That this team is better than many (including my idiot self) have given them credit for. Much remains to be seen, but, they went through the non-conference schedule unblemished. And that is freaking great.

There's a lot of folks who have underestimated and it's not uncommon. I think the most inspiring thing Nebraska fans should clearly see from this game was how we responded. This Husker football program has been plagued by let downs when adversity struck If this game didn't show people that this team has the attitude and the mindset to power through the tough times, then I don't know what will.

I'm pumped about this win. Phuck Miami.

boom. Right on true. I was nervous at the first scuffle. Then when they got the ball inside the 10 i thought the quarter break came at a perfect time cuz the defense made a couple of bigtime plays after that. This was a moment this team has crumbled in so many times the past few years. Staff loses cool. Opponent fets in head. sh#t goes to hell. But not tonight. There is definitely a new influx of attitude and tenacity on this team that weve been missing.
  • Fire 2

Banderas should lose about 15 lbs before he can play again. He is slower than hell and not physical either. Its a shame to think what this defense could be with Mike Rose.

Randy Gregory is good, real good, and I don't think people appreciate him enough. Miami started running AWAY from him.

Finally showed a back bone. Didn't let Miami get into our heads and break us mentally.

Ameer is good.

Beck called the game he should call every game. Opened up the playbook a little as well.

Pelini made good adjustments switching to zone from man early in the game.

Finally, I think fans that continue to be worried about fast WRs probably learned that they shouldn't be. All those miami fans told us we should worry about Coley and Dorsett and they did nothing, because once again, we hardly ever get beat deep. Yay 2 high safeties, Brock Guard mentioned this during the game. Our corners are good and Kalu is gonna be a beast. He should be starting soon. There is a reason teams targeted the RB/LB matchup all the time.

I'd give Courtney love a look at mike before I throw Banderas out there again. Man was that bad.

Miami speed was negligible.

This was honestly my biggest worry in this game (well, that and what goes on between our players' ears), but you're right - they didn't appear faster than us AT ALL.

And someone on some Miami publication I read was counting all the recruiting stars they have, and commenting on how we don't.

Oops. :dunno

• Fire 1

Whoa. Don't appreciate Gregory enough? Then in the same post you say 'Ameer is good'. Lol. They're both dominant badass dudes. We are blessed to be able to watch them on Saturdays representing our team. Gregory took a ton of cheap shots tonight. Ameer is maybe the greatest RB I've ever seen wear the 'N'........that's saying something. I respect the hell out of these guys and I appreciate their dedication to this program.

Banderas should lose about 15 lbs before he can play again. He is slower than hell and not physical either. Its a shame to think what this defense could be with Mike Rose.

Randy Gregory is good, real good, and I don't think people appreciate him enough. Miami started running AWAY from him.

Finally showed a back bone. Didn't let Miami get into our heads and break us mentally.

Ameer is good.

Beck called the game he should call every game. Opened up the playbook a little as well.

Pelini made good adjustments switching to zone from man early in the game.

Finally, I think fans that continue to be worried about fast WRs probably learned that they shouldn't be. All those miami fans told us we should worry about Coley and Dorsett and they did nothing, because once again, we hardly ever get beat deep. Yay 2 high safeties, Brock Guard mentioned this during the game. Our corners are good and Kalu is gonna be a beast. He should be starting soon. There is a reason teams targeted the RB/LB matchup all the time.

I'd give Courtney love a look at mike before I throw Banderas out there again. Man was that bad.

Also, good post. I didn't mean to pick any negative from your post. Spot on. Also, Miami's speed could have killed us. It was a game where our offense literally saved us. Bo's bend don't break scheme could have been foiled in these types of games in the past but our offense kept answering. We were able to commit to stopping the big play.