**** What did we learn - Miami Edition ****

walksalone

Our OL plays up to the competition. (Ya, I know Miami's rush D isn't great, but we had trouble against Fresno State).

You ought to do yourself a favor and look up Miami's rush D numbers coming in. They were sparkling..........

Ya you're right. I remembered that wrong, even though the announcers said it at least 5 times. I blame the vodka.

It's hard to win football games...we did tonight.

As "team" we looked pretty good.

Individually, we needed this game to learn from--ie matchups and speed, etc..

Special teams are way better this year.

We didn't collapse after some bad turnovers/ penalties.

We have our own studs and thoroughbreds.

Teams are gunning for Gregory, he needs to keep his cool.

Abdullah is a show/beast/leader

We are getting better each week.

Pelini knows when to go full rage, has certainly grown in his deamenor.

We won, and we are 4-0.

• Fire 1

Could this be the game that opens Beck's eyes to what we should do all the time? I would hope so. Tommy's an effective game manager, he can throw the ball reasonably well, and we have the WRs to be a constant air threat. It really puts the opponent's defense in an awkward situation especially when we keep running because they constantly have to worry about the pass; we're not lining up with just one good WR, we have 4 and a QB who can throw. If we have an offensive line that can keep up what they did tonight, we are going to be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

Defensively we did really well against the run, which should bode well for games against Wisconsin and Iowa. I think how we scheme against the pass needs to be rethought a bit otherwise Michigan State will give us problems.

I'm liking our chances to do well in the B1G and in the grand scheme of college football this year.

Santos is pretty darn athletic. AA is AA, again. Thugs are thugs, no big surprise there.

And...this is not what I learned but I really ENJOYED Big Red slamming thugu. Super happy day in my Husker fandom life. BTW if I were Bo I would have done play action at the end and heaved one up to Westy going for a TD. Then at the presser I would have said "the opponent the refs the t.o. t.o. t.o score on 4th down all kind of irked me so I wanted to go for a head shot and I did it and it was fun. And I think our fans and players all liked it. And if you media folks don't like it...**** you. Next.