**** What did we learn - Miami Edition ****

walksalone

That Nebraska can beat an unranked team at home and it can still feel like something. Miami just has that talismanic quality for NU

That there are thugs, and there are wimpy, whiny, undisciplined poor losers who deliberately went after the best players when it became clear they were going to lose. Al,Gooden will likely never get another head coaching job of prominence ever again and he has no control of his team.

This team will go as far as Ameer can carry them. And I'm not sure if he can carry them past MSU or Wisconsin, but it might be fun to watch.

That when Tommy threw that pick, I made a vow to not come here to hear the idiotic hate, and it was probably a good call.

For all the good I saw (and there was a lot of good') I'm still scared of the leaky defense. NU only out gained Miami by I believe 35 or so.

But for now, I don't particularly care. I hate Miami and that was fun.

And it goes double for Al Golden too. Dammit.

You guys act like you beat a great team last night. We are not good at all.

Yet our TRUE freshman qb and his offense scored 31.

Our D is terrible. AA is a damn good back.

But it's not like you beat a top team. This team will barely get 6 wins this year

You may need to inform Clinton Portis of the above.

• Fire 1

That Nebraska can beat an unranked team at home and it can still feel like something. Miami just has that talismanic quality for NU

That there are thugs, and there are wimpy, whiny, undisciplined poor losers who deliberately went after the best players when it became clear they were going to lose. Al,Gooden will likely never get another head coaching job of prominence ever again and he has no control of his team.

This team will go as far as Ameer can carry them. And I'm not sure if he can carry them past MSU or Wisconsin, but it might be fun to watch.

That when Tommy threw that pick, I made a vow to not come here to hear the idiotic hate, and it was probably a good call.

For all the good I saw (and there was a lot of good') I'm still scared of the leaky defense. NU only out gained Miami by I believe 35 or so.

that Al,Gooden, always getting under good ole NUpolo8's skin.

• Fire 1

that Al,Gooden, always getting under good ole NUpolo8's skin.

He's a real load.

But it's not like you beat a top team. This team will barely get 6 wins this year

1. You act like the final 7 points was anything other then NU playing a loose D until the goal line and even then you needed 4 downs and a TO to get the meaningless score

2. Your QB threw two horrible picks at crucial moments. The refs saved you on one with a roughing call which may have been technically correct but doesn't change the fact that it was a terrible throw. The second was stare down flat out awful. The early pick he gets a pass on. Be excited about him all you want, but in crucial moments he looked exactly like a TRUE freshman.

3. You seem oddly concerned about what Neb fans are talking about the day after the game. You should be more concerned about the gang rape of your front seven IMO

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 7h

Nebraskas is averaging 329 rushing yards, its best average through four games since top-ranked 2000 team averaged 355.3. #Huskers

Steven M. Sipple@HuskerExtraSip 7h

Nebraska is averaging 559.8 yards of total offense, its best average through 4 games since 1995 team's ridiculous average of 688.5.

last night was great. it is getting harder to remain cautiously optimistic. but we will learn the most about this team in east lansing.

we got punched in the mouth and punched back instead of wilt. that was probably my best takeaway from the game. and it was a whole team win, which is also exciting. and a complete game. all good things.

All good stuff.

ah yes. The classic "you suck cuz we suck, so you suck more" banter.

Yep. This is the 1000th variation of the same post this guy has made today. Each one conveniently ignores the fact that the last touchdown was just garbage points against a soft eat clock defense as well as the fact that the QB he is in love with crapped the bed twice at crucial moments getting saved by the refs on one of them. He looked exactly like a freshman to me. When the pressure was on he forced bad throws and shut the door on any chance his team had