The Real Top 10

Time for another week of the real top 10. I don't hate or love on anyone. Just tell it like it is. Without further ado, here is the real top 10:

10. Nebraska. No need to explain. We're 4-0 and played well tonight. There aren't 10 teams in the country better than us. What? Would you prefer UCLA, Ol' Miss, or Arizona State? Didn't think so.

9. Mississippi State. A beat down of LSU at home is worth something. LSU had two late TD's to make it look closer than it was.

8. Florida State. They pretty much got abused by a so-so Clemson team. Clemson left two sure touchdowns on the field. Should have won easily. FSU is lucky to be in the top 10.

7. Oklahoma. Had a lot more trouble with WVU than score indicated. They drop for that.

6. Baylor. So far they have acted like Oregon on steroids on offense. No true tests yet, but they seem special.

5. BYU. Remember how I said this poll is uncoventional? BYU beat a very sold Virginia. Their non-conference resume is better than anybody else's with wins over UConn, Texas, Houston, and Virginia. This team is for real.

4. Auburn. Huge win in hostile environment over KSU. Yeah, KSU should have won, but guess what? They didn't.

3. Oregon. Love Oregon, but they have to drop a few spots after today's stinkfest.

2. Texas A&M. This team has absolutely destroyed everyone.

1. Alabama. Hate em, but they have been solid.

I think Oregon is the single most overrated team in CFB right now. Last night did nothing to change my mind on that. Alabama gets better each week. FSU is also overrated but they just squeaked by the only ACC team that they don't outclass talent wise by an order of magnitude so they are probably safe. Auburn is a paper tiger. They will drop multiple games in the conference. OU is solid and WVU is a much improved team and Morgantown is a very tough place to play. No shame in that win at all.

Too much emphasis is being placed upon the polls right now as we're not even half way through the season. If we take care of business against Michigan State and Wisconsin, we're in the top 10. If we do that and win the B1G, there's a 90+ percent chance we're one of the four teams selected. This team controls it's own destiny. The polls will sort themselves out by season's end.