Michigan State is Ours . . .

I predict we win, believe we lose. If this were in Lincoln, I might believe otherwise. But in East Lansing...this is going to be a tough game

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=323080127

They're better than they were when we played them last year, and so are we. I agree with what the announcer said about Michigan State still being the best team in the conference, but Nebraska is closing in. We might not be there yet, but who knows, we may be by CCG time.

If not now, when? We have the best offensive and defensive player in the country on our team. We are averaging 45 points a game. We have held more teams to 3 and out on Defense this year than anybody else in the country. Drew Brown is blasting every kickoff to the back of the endzone. Special teams are dialed in. What more do you want? This is the time to go for it!

Defense that won't give up the big pass play. Cook and Lippett are going to be tough to handle and if we're not careful, they will rip us a new one. I'm more worried about Lippett now with Mitchell slightly injured

Mitchell on Lippett is already a mismatch. He's got 4 inches and 25 lbs on JMitch. That said, that's probably a common them for Mighty Mouse, and it hasn't stopped him yet. He's played extremely well minus the long Geronimo TD last night and is definitely a team leader. Loved seeing him getting scrappy in the Miami scuffle. However, i don't know if we switch CBs or if JMitch and Davie play sides exclusively, but I'd try to stick Davie on Lippett. It's encouraging that Gerry has played so well thus far... don't underrate a heckuva safety roving around in the defensive backfield back there. Crucial for Bo's scheme, and helps any scheme, really. Coop will need to step up.

I think Bo has MSU's number. They barely beat us last year when we gave them 5 gifts. We also had 0 takeways that game. I don't think MSU can count on either of those statistics this year.

We match up extremely well with them defensively, and our offense has shown the ability to move and score on their vaunted D since we've joined the Big 10.

AND we play lights out on the road.

I love our chances.

• Fire 2

They're better than they were when we played them last year, and so are we. I agree with what the announcer said about Michigan State still being the best team in the conference, but Nebraska is closing in. We might not be there yet, but who knows, we may be by CCG time.

If not now, when? We have the best offensive and defensive player in the country on our team. We are averaging 45 points a game. We have held more teams to 3 and out on Defense this year than anybody else in the country. Drew Brown is blasting every kickoff to the back of the endzone. Special teams are dialed in. What more do you want? This is the time to go for it!

Defense that won't give up the big pass play. Cook and Lippett are going to be tough to handle and if we're not careful, they will rip us a new one. I'm more worried about Lippett now with Mitchell slightly injured

He that's just it, I haven't seen Cook attack the deep boundaries that much, deep post sometimes. He makes his living between the hashes with crossing routes, slants, seam routes, waggle routes and intermediate sideline routes. Not giving him the deep ball plays right into his strengths. He gambles with a lot of anticipation on the middle routes.

He that's just it, I haven't seen Cook attack the deep boundaries that much, deep post sometimes. He makes his living between the hashes with crossing routes, slants, seam routes, waggle routes and intermediate sideline routes. Not giving him the deep ball plays right into his strengths. He gambles with a lot of anticipation on the middle routes.

I'll take your word for it. I haven't watched any MSU games this year, just the highlights.

If Cook cuts his teeth on the short to intermediate stuff... we will absolutely NEED to tackle better against MSU. That was one disturbing thing I noticed last night. How many times did the first guy there whiff?

That's gonna be huge next weekend.

I agree, our LBs need to step it up.

I thought Zaire Anderson stepped up pretty big last night. I have to rewatch the game but I think I heard his name quite a bit. Blew a few plays up big. It was hard to tell who was who though,

I'll take your word for it. I haven't watched any MSU games this year, just the highlights.

Go back and watch our game last year and the Oregon game this year and you'll see what I mean. Heck watch the Wyoming game.

As a fan, I am not the least concerned about our ability on paper (or on film) to beat Michigan State. They are a very solid football team, but so are we. If you're not afraid of Ameer Abdullah, you're not paying attention. If you're not afraid of Randy Gregory (and hell, the rest of that line), you're not paying attention. One of Bill Callhan's famous proverbs is relevant here: the football is a funny-shaped ball. A lot can happen in a game. You can beat yourself. You can have a few game-changing calls go against you. Little mistakes turn into big disasters. It's football.

Which means for a player, you don't need to read anything. You don't need to watch TV. You don't need to consider the national ramifications or the image of the program. Don't give it a thought. You need to spend every moment this week practicing at maximum effort (including and especially the film room, DBs), and preparing to play a full four quarters with total attention and discipline.

If we do that and lose by three, I'll tip my hat. This is a good team we're about to play. They deserve our complete respect. In this age of college football going undefeated is increasingly a luxury; let's just try to not self-harm out there and give away a signature win.

• Fire 8

If Cook cuts his teeth on the short to intermediate stuff... we will absolutely NEED to tackle better against MSU. That was one disturbing thing I noticed last night. How many times did the first guy there whiff?

That's gonna be huge next weekend.

I agree, our LBs need to step it up.

I thought Zaire Anderson stepped up pretty big last night. I have to rewatch the game but I think I heard his name quite a bit. Blew a few plays up big. It was hard to tell who was who though,

After the 1st quarter, I would agree. The numbers were hard to read on the uniforms, so it was difficult to tell who was making the plays.

this is a lot of bravado. it seems undeserved. we have looked good, but this is not the first time we have looked great against inferior competition. i am going to do my best not to get my hopes up and if we happen to win, i will be happily surprised and ecstatic.

I agree. I think we're lose by 2 touchdowns. I'd rather play wiscy and the hokks now while they're still struggling, but we have to do what we have to do.

this is a lot of bravado. it seems undeserved. we have looked good, but this is not the first time we have looked great against inferior competition. i am going to do my best not to get my hopes up and if we happen to win, i will be happily surprised and ecstatic.

I agree. I think we're lose by 2 touchdowns. I'd rather play wiscy and the hokks now while they're still struggling, but we have to do what we have to do.

Please go to bed by 7 next Sat!

• Fire 2

As a fan, I am not the least concerned about our ability on paper (or on film) to beat Michigan State. They are a very solid football team, but so are we. If you're not afraid of Ameer Abdullah, you're not paying attention. If you're not afraid of Randy Gregory (and hell, the rest of that line), you're not paying attention. One of Bill Callhan's famous proverbs is relevant here: the football is a funny-shaped ball. A lot can happen in a game. You can beat yourself. You can have a few game-changing calls go against you. Little mistakes turn into big disasters. It's football.

Which means for a player, you don't need to read anything. You don't need to watch TV. You don't need to consider the national ramifications or the image of the program. Don't give it a thought. You need to spend every moment this week practicing at maximum effort (including and especially the film room, DBs), and preparing to play a full four quarters with total attention and discipline.

If we do that and lose by three, I'll tip my hat. This is a good team we're about to play. They deserve our complete respect. In this age of college football going undefeated is increasingly a luxury; let's just try to not self-harm out there and give away a signature win.

Well said my friend.

We definitely don't need to buy into any hype preparing for this one. That's hurt us in the past. We just gotta focus on what we can control and make sure we're ready for next weekend.