Michigan State is Ours . . .

I think you go deep on the first play, off of play-action...set a tone, see if you get lucky and let them know you are coming for them. Then you pound the rock

I was thinking the same. Deep outside passes are actually relatively safe, provided they aren't underthrown. Not sure how many deep outside passes we've thrown this year. Beck seems to favor the inside seams. Even if it falls incomplete, it will still make MSU second guess committing 7 to the box in 3 WR sets.

I do not understand the love for MSU. Who have they beaten? The only decent team they played killed them. And Oregon barely beat Washington State this week. I do not understand how they are ranked ahead of NU. Also, the NU win is looking better now that Miami easily handled Duke.

I watched the Oregon game...they had things under control and were just flat outplaying the Ducks on the road. Then the second half hit and Oregon made some impressive adjustments and shut them down. Oregon was up for that game. I can give them a pass playing flat against Washington State. Michigan St and Oregon looked equal and Oregon just outpaced them. We absolutely need to worry about MSU and give them respect. They have earned it. They are also more battle tested then we are and have the home field. They play more disciplined and commit less turnovers. All of these things give me concern. We are still a young team playing way too sloppy at times.

They were "better" than us last year. If not for 5 TO's, they would have lost. We beat ourselves in that game IMO. This years O (play calling dependent) is far ahead of the team that MSU faced last year. I think that their D has lost a step with graduation. Our D, the jury for me is still out. Depends on Josh and Santos getting back healthy for us. Injury bug is hurting for sure. We also have a weapon they haven't had to really play against since we joined the league...... Special teams. We actually use them now.

We've been in a slug fest or 2 this year. The nail biter against McNeese and the brawl that was Miami. We won. Last year, IMO, we would have lost one of those. To date, this is a mentally strong team that has been punched in the mouth and finally got pissed enough to punch back.

I like our chances.

I'm with Lo.

Since we've gotten to the Big 10, we've had their number. It took 5 TOs and us completely not showing up to beat us last year. And we still dropped 28 on their "ferocious" D.

The consensus is that that D we dropped on has taken a step back since last year.

We're second in the nation with 227 points scored and 7th in PPG with 45.4.

And, as impressive as the Oregon game was, they still lost. They let the game get away and looked like a different team the second half. Not a good one. A very beatable one.

And it was ONE game. I'd caution anyone against making too much of any ONE game. Their hanging with Oregon could've been a one in a million fluke for all we know. We'll know more when they play better competition... namely, us next weekend. Their schedule is absolutely pathetic except for the Oregon game. They've played no one. The one difficult game they had on their schedule so far, they dropped.

I'd say we're definitely the more battle tested team thus far this season. We've played much better teams. And looked damn good doing it.

TM lit up MSU a couple years ago. TA IMO is a much better runner than TM. He is not as fast, but he is much shiftier and stronger. He is also much better on the option. I predict a big day for TA running. I would not be surprised if he gets more yards than AA on the ground. The only thing that scares me about this game is the health of our D and turnovers.

I do not understand the love for MSU. Who have they beaten? The only decent team they played killed them. And Oregon barely beat Washington State this week. I do not understand how they are ranked ahead of NU. Also, the NU win is looking better now that Miami easily handled Duke.

I watched the Oregon game...they had things under control and were just flat outplaying the Ducks on the road. Then the second half hit and Oregon made some impressive adjustments and shut them down. Oregon was up for that game. I can give them a pass playing flat against Washington State. Michigan St and Oregon looked equal and Oregon just outpaced them. We absolutely need to worry about MSU and give them respect. They have earned it. They are also more battle tested then we are and have the home field. They play more disciplined and commit less turnovers. All of these things give me concern. We are still a young team playing way too sloppy at times.

They were "better" than us last year. If not for 5 TO's, they would have lost. We beat ourselves in that game IMO. This years O (play calling dependent) is far ahead of the team that MSU faced last year. I think that their D has lost a step with graduation. Our D, the jury for me is still out. Depends on Josh and Santos getting back healthy for us. Injury bug is hurting for sure. We also have a weapon they haven't had to really play against since we joined the league...... Special teams. We actually use them now.

We've been in a slug fest or 2 this year. The nail biter against McNeese and the brawl that was Miami. We won. Last year, IMO, we would have lost one of those. To date, this is a mentally strong team that has been punched in the mouth and finally got pissed enough to punch back.

I like our chances.

I'm with Lo.

Since we've gotten to the Big 10, we've had their number. It took 5 TOs and us completely not showing up to beat us last year. And we still dropped 28 on their "ferocious" D.

The consensus is that that D we dropped on has taken a step back since last year.

We're second in the nation with 227 points scored and 7th in PPG with 45.4.

And, as impressive as the Oregon game was, they still lost. They let the game get away and looked like a different team the second half. Not a good one. A very beatable one.

And it was ONE game. I'd caution anyone against making too much of any ONE game. Their hanging with Oregon could've been a one in a million fluke for all we know. We'll know more when they play better competition... namely, us next weekend. Their schedule is absolutely pathetic except for the Oregon game. They've played no one. The one difficult game they had on their schedule so far, they dropped.

I'd say we're definitely the more battle tested team thus far this season. We've played much better teams. And looked damn good doing it.

TM lit up MSU a couple years ago. TA IMO is a much better runner than TM. He is not as fast, but he is much shiftier and stronger. He is also much better on the option. I predict a big day for TA running. I would not be surprised if he gets more yards than AA on the ground. The only thing that scares me about this game is the health of our D and turnovers.

I'd say he's a better runner "consistently" than TM, but he's not gonna run for 60+ yard touchdowns, so the defense doesn't have to account for him quite as much. But as long as we continue to keep turnovers low(ish) *crosses fingers* then having long sustained drives is fine.

Nebraska is better this year. Michigan State a little worse.

Going "on the road" is not a big killer for this team. Sometimes it seems Memorial Stadium adds more pressure.

Much of this same team did not look intimidated by the best defense in the nation last year. A raw Tommy Armstrong, an injured and cobbled offensive line and the same Ameer Abdullah moved the ball with confidence when they weren't being so generous. Let's imagine Nebraska not handing MSU the ball five times in our own territory.

The defense is better. Although they really need to be better than better. Schemes aside, they need to get in MSU's head.

A win isn't that much to expect. A national coming out party is certainly a possibility.

As usual, I won't be putting my money on anything.

my first concern is the obvious one. neb. has a bit of a history of imploding in big games with big implications like these.

my second concern is that msu is just the better team. they have a very good offense and great defense. and they get us at their house. that is just a tall order.

i think we could win, but i am really trying hard to manage my expectations.

See, a poster brought up TM...I have coached for awhile (I suck at it) but playing a team with a guy that can flat out take it to the house at anytime (As we know TM could) is soooooo freaking hard to prepare for, it is maddening when a kid takes a wrong step, when a kid doesn't keep shoulders square and so on and so on, then BAM, you let up a TD...

There is not really that worry with TA. It makes a HUGE difference.

See, a poster brought up TM...I have coached for awhile (I suck at it) but playing a team with a guy that can flat out take it to the house at anytime (As we know TM could) is soooooo freaking hard to prepare for, it is maddening when a kid takes a wrong step, when a kid doesn't keep shoulders square and so on and so on, then BAM, you let up a TD...

There is not really that worry with TA. It makes a HUGE difference.

Here's another perspective. How many different players have scored touchdowns for us so far this season? How many 100 yard rushers have we had? As much as TM was "hard to prepare for", we are even harder to prepare for now. Not to mention our turnovers are lower.

• Fire 2

I don't know what to think about this game. I know it's going to be tough and pretty much no one outside of Nebraska gives us a chance. I hope the team embraces that and comes out on a mission to prove everyone wrong and let the nation know that we're truly back. This very well may be a preview of the B1G championship game in Indy in December. If it is, it'll be hard to beat a team twice in a season, but we'll just have to see how things pan out. I had us losing to MSU and Wisconsin for sure before the season began. Now, I'm getting wrapped up in the moment and think we've got a chance to run the table. Trouble is the injury bug seems to have different plans for us once again!

• Fire 1