Michigan State is Ours . . .

They're better than they were when we played them last year, and so are we. I agree with what the announcer said about Michigan State still being the best team in the conference, but Nebraska is closing in. We might not be there yet, but who knows, we may be by CCG time.

This. I don't want to be embarrassed but a loss won't completely ruin the season. We can run the rest of the table...just have to get by Wisconsin for a rematch and then who knows...

They're better than they were when we played them last year, and so are we. I agree with what the announcer said about Michigan State still being the best team in the conference, but Nebraska is closing in. We might not be there yet, but who knows, we may be by CCG time.

If not now, when? We have the best offensive and defensive player in the country on our team. We are averaging 45 points a game. We have held more teams to 3 and out on Defense this year than anybody else in the country. Drew Brown is blasting every kickoff to the back of the endzone. Special teams are dialed in. What more do you want? This is the time to go for it!

I've wondered if that 3 and out stat is a bit skewed...it wasn't a percentage...it was a case of causing the largest number of 3 and outs and when you play Fresno state for 4 hours with quick scoring and lots of possessions that number isn't that telling to me...

• Fire 1
Michigan State are a playoff contender and one of the top teams in the country. They are well-coached, very talented, and playing at a very high level. If we win, it'll be an upset, and a huge moment for this program.

I hope we'll be enthusiastic enough to cheer our guys on, but level-headed enough to not freak out if the Spartans beat us handily.
  • Fire 1

Michigan State are a playoff contender and one of the top teams in the country. They are well-coached, very talented, and playing at a very high level. If we win, it'll be an upset, and a huge moment for this program.
I hope we'll be enthusiastic enough to cheer our guys on, but level-headed enough to not freak out if the Spartans beat us handily.

I was with you until you said the word "handily". I reserve the right to freak out.

I do not understand the love for MSU. Who have they beaten? The only decent team they played killed them. And Oregon barely beat Washington State this week. I do not understand how they are ranked ahead of NU. Also, the NU win is looking better now that Miami easily handled Duke.

I watched the Oregon game...they had things under control and were just flat outplaying the Ducks on the road. Then the second half hit and Oregon made some impressive adjustments and shut them down. Oregon was up for that game. I can give them a pass playing flat against Washington State. Michigan St and Oregon looked equal and Oregon just outpaced them. We absolutely need to worry about MSU and give them respect. They have earned it. They are also more battle tested then we are and have the home field. They play more disciplined and commit less turnovers. All of these things give me concern. We are still a young team playing way too sloppy at times.

I do not understand the love for MSU. Who have they beaten? The only decent team they played killed them. And Oregon barely beat Washington State this week. I do not understand how they are ranked ahead of NU. Also, the NU win is looking better now that Miami easily handled Duke.

I watched the Oregon game...they had things under control and were just flat outplaying the Ducks on the road. Then the second half hit and Oregon made some impressive adjustments and shut them down. Oregon was up for that game. I can give them a pass playing flat against Washington State. Michigan St and Oregon looked equal and Oregon just outpaced them. We absolutely need to worry about MSU and give them respect. They have earned it. They are also more battle tested then we are and have the home field. They play more disciplined and commit less turnovers. All of these things give me concern. We are still a young team playing way too sloppy at times.

They were "better" than us last year. If not for 5 TO's, they would have lost. We beat ourselves in that game IMO. This years O (play calling dependent) is far ahead of the team that MSU faced last year. I think that their D has lost a step with graduation. Our D, the jury for me is still out. Depends on Josh and Santos getting back healthy for us. Injury bug is hurting for sure. We also have a weapon they haven't had to really play against since we joined the league...... Special teams. We actually use them now.

We've been in a slug fest or 2 this year. The nail biter against McNeese and the brawl that was Miami. We won. Last year, IMO, we would have lost one of those. To date, this is a mentally strong team that has been punched in the mouth and finally got pissed enough to punch back.

I like our chances.

• Fire 2

Did Oregon run a fake FG or something to run up the score on Michigan State? I remember Oregon lining up for a field goal, changed the channel to watch another game, flipped back and the Ducks had another 7 instead of 3 on the board.

Maybe they missed the FG and scored a TD..

Statistically, MSU is good at stopping the run. If I'm not mistaken, Oregon is the only team they have allowed over 100 yds rushing. Wyoming was close. But where their weakness, defending against the passing game.

Jacksonville St. - 225 yds passing

Oregon - 350 yds passing

East Michigan - 115 yds passing

Wyoming - 190 yds passing

There's just a lot of things not to like about this game.

MSU is salty against the run, and will sell out to stop Ameer and out the ball in Tommy's hands to beat them. And that's a pretty big if. It could happen, but Beck has proven he'll try and take what the defense gives and that has potential to be a huge wreck this week.

The linebackers are going to have to flat out get better. MSU has its collective sh#t together in the passing game. Short passing routes and containment on runs will be critical. If the defense decides to give up an easy score or two early, then adjust, it may very likely be too late.

Ameer will likely get his, because he's Ameer, but this may well come down to Tommy Armstrong and the coaching staff...hell the team overall, putting their big game demons to bed. I don't know if Nebraska's best beats MSU's best. In fact, I'm almost convinced it doesn't, but crazier things have happened.

They were "better" than us last year. If not for 5 TO's, they would have lost. We beat ourselves in that game IMO. This years O (play calling dependent) is far ahead of the team that MSU faced last year. I think that their D has lost a step with graduation. Our D, the jury for me is still out. Depends on Josh and Santos getting back healthy for us. Injury bug is hurting for sure. We also have a weapon they haven't had to really play against since we joined the league...... Special teams. We actually use them now.

We've been in a slug fest or 2 this year. The nail biter against McNeese and the brawl that was Miami. We won. Last year, IMO, we would have lost one of those. To date, this is a mentally strong team that has been punched in the mouth and finally got pissed enough to punch back.

I like our chances.

I'm with Lo.

Since we've gotten to the Big 10, we've had their number. It took 5 TOs and us completely not showing up to beat us last year. And we still dropped 28 on their "ferocious" D.

The consensus is that that D we dropped on has taken a step back since last year.

We're second in the nation with 227 points scored and 7th in PPG with 45.4.

And, as impressive as the Oregon game was, they still lost. They let the game get away and looked like a different team the second half. Not a good one. A very beatable one.

And it was ONE game. I'd caution anyone against making too much of any ONE game. Their hanging with Oregon could've been a one in a million fluke for all we know. We'll know more when they play better competition... namely, us next weekend. Their schedule is absolutely pathetic except for the Oregon game. They've played no one. The one difficult game they had on their schedule so far, they dropped.

I'd say we're definitely the more battle tested team thus far this season. We've played much better teams. And looked damn good doing it.

• Fire 1

MSU is salty against the run, and will sell out to stop Ameer and out the ball in Tommy's hands to beat them. And that's a pretty big if. It could happen, but Neck has proven he'll try and take what the defense gives and that has potential to be a huge wreck this week.

The linebackers are going to have to flat out get better. MSU has its collective sh#t together in the passing game. Shirt passing routes and containment on runs will be critical. If the defense decides to give up an easy score or two early, then adjust, it may very likely be too late.

Ameer will likely get his, because he's Ameer, but this may well come down to Tommy Armstrong and the coaching staff...hell the team overall, putting their big game demons to bed. I don't know if Nebraska's best beats, msu's best. In fact, I'm almost convinced it doesn't, but crazier things have happened.

The thing that gives NEB a slight possible advantage is that NEB typically plays well defensively against pro-style offenses. However, NEB will have to come out with their hair on fire and play with that intensity the whole game if they want to succeed in East Lansing.
  • Fire 1

MSU is salty against the run, and will sell out to stop Ameer and out the ball in Tommy's hands to beat them. And that's a pretty big if. It could happen, but Neck has proven he'll try and take what the defense gives and that has potential to be a huge wreck this week.

The linebackers are going to have to flat out get better. MSU has its collective sh#t together in the passing game. Shirt passing routes and containment on runs will be critical. If the defense decides to give up an easy score or two early, then adjust, it may very likely be too late.

Ameer will likely get his, because he's Ameer, but this may well come down to Tommy Armstrong and the coaching staff...hell the team overall, putting their big game demons to bed. I don't know if Nebraska's best beats, msu's best. In fact, I'm almost convinced it doesn't, but crazier things have happened.

The thing that gives NEB a slight possible advantage is that NEB typically plays well defensively against pro-style offenses. However, NEB will have to come out with their hair on fire and play with that intensity the whole game if they want to succeed in East Lansing.

I'd say we have a fairly high chance of everyone on defense knowing they're going to need the game of the year, Chaddy. None of us are overlooking Sparty. I guarantee no one on the team is either.