Michigan State is Ours . . .

They're better than they were when we played them last year, and so are we. I agree with what the announcer said about Michigan State still being the best team in the conference, but Nebraska is closing in. We might not be there yet, but who knows, we may be by CCG time.

If not now, when? We have the best offensive and defensive player in the country on our team. We are averaging 45 points a game. We have held more teams to 3 and out on Defense this year than anybody else in the country. Drew Brown is blasting every kickoff to the back of the endzone. Special teams are dialed in. What more do you want? This is the time to go for it!

If not now, then by CCG time hopefully. I agree with all you're saying about Nebraska. I just think you're underestimating Michigan State.

I think your claim that we have a mental edge over them is way off. Watch our game against MacNeese State, then watch their 2nd team against Wyoming.

I predict we win, believe we lose. If this were in Lincoln, I might believe otherwise. But in East Lansing...this is going to be a tough game

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=323080127

They're better than they were when we played them last year, and so are we. I agree with what the announcer said about Michigan State still being the best team in the conference, but Nebraska is closing in. We might not be there yet, but who knows, we may be by CCG time.

If not now, when? We have the best offensive and defensive player in the country on our team. We are averaging 45 points a game. We have held more teams to 3 and out on Defense this year than anybody else in the country. Drew Brown is blasting every kickoff to the back of the endzone. Special teams are dialed in. What more do you want? This is the time to go for it!

Defense that won't give up the big pass play. Cook and Lippett are going to be tough to handle and if we're not careful, they will rip us a new one. I'm more worried about Lippett now with Mitchell slightly injured

Mitchell on Lippett is already a mismatch. He's got 4 inches and 25 lbs on JMitch. That said, that's probably a common them for Mighty Mouse, and it hasn't stopped him yet. He's played extremely well minus the long Geronimo TD last night and is definitely a team leader. Loved seeing him getting scrappy in the Miami scuffle. However, i don't know if we switch CBs or if JMitch and Davie play sides exclusively, but I'd try to stick Davie on Lippett. It's encouraging that Gerry has played so well thus far... don't underrate a heckuva safety roving around in the defensive backfield back there. Crucial for Bo's scheme, and helps any scheme, really. Coop will need to step up.

I think Bo has MSU's number. They barely beat us last year when we gave them 5 gifts. We also had 0 takeways that game. I don't think MSU can count on either of those statistics this year.

We match up extremely well with them defensively, and our offense has shown the ability to move and score on their vaunted D since we've joined the Big 10.

AND we play lights out on the road.

I love our chances.

No, Taylor. You're not playing against Michigan St.

I like the Huskers chances in this game. I'm not sold on Michigan St. defense. Their offense is good, I will agree with that. But in order for us to win, our offense has to be better than theirs. Our defense has to find a way to stop or slow down their offense. Keeping the ball in our offenses hands is going to be key and running out the clock.

Keep the ball in Nebraska's hands.

Win the turnover battle.

Take advantage of big plays on offense.

Stop the MSU run and tackle.

That's my keys to victory for the Huskers in East Lansing.

I'd be shocked if we were blown out by MSU. They'd need to put up 40+ and they couldn't do that against a pretty mediocre Oregon defense, granted they've put up huge numbers against smaller schools, I just don't see them putting up 45 against us, between both teams running the ball, chewing clock, and them not having the overall team speed to get deep on us really. All of that said, we can still lose, just not in a blowout fashion, IMO.

And..... Michigan States defense is worse than it was last year, by a considerable margin, based off of what I saw in the Oregon game.

Limit turnovers, run the ball, play good D.

I do not understand the love for MSU. Who have they beaten? The only decent team they played killed them. And Oregon barely beat Washington State this week. I do not understand how they are ranked ahead of NU. Also, the Nu win is looking better now that Miami easily handled Duke.

Teams don't start out each new season without history. MSU won the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl last year, so a good assumption is that they're better than Nebraska. That doesn't mean I agree, but it's not unreasonable.

I think MSU will limit abdullah on the run, armstrong needs to be able to throw the ball as well as take care of it or else it will be our first loss of the season

They have very good WR's but we've seen better against Miami.

Actually, Abdullah always does well against MSU. He may not get 200+ yards against them, but he will have 100+ I'd bet.

I think MSU will limit abdullah on the run, armstrong needs to be able to throw the ball as well as take care of it or else it will be our first loss of the season

They have very good WR's but we've seen better against Miami.

Actually, Abdullah always does well against MSU. He may not get 200+ yards against them, but he will have 100+ I'd bet.

Not that it has to happen every time, but we have run the ball much better than (probably) anyone else has against MSU.

2011 - 190 yards rushing - Burkhead 35 carries for 130 yds & 2 TDs

2012 - 313 yards rushing - Martinez 17 carries for 205 yds & 2 TDs; Abdullah 22 carries for 110 yds

2013 - 182 yards rushing - Abdullah 22 carries for 123 yds; Cross 3 carries for 50 yds & 1 TD

I do not understand the love for MSU. Who have they beaten? The only decent team they played killed them. And Oregon barely beat Washington State this week. I do not understand how they are ranked ahead of NU. Also, the NU win is looking better now that Miami easily handled Duke.

Agree. I don't buy into the idea that MSU is a world beater and we're a fringe program. The history doesn't support it, this year doesn't even necessarily confirm it. I think you've got 2 solid teams and 2 coaches that know each other. It will probably come down to turnovers and special teams, just like most games.

I'll say they peak early, but when the emotions begin to cool, we take the win on a kneel down. :power