Playing Against Road Games

Mavric

yeah. No way we were overwhelmed last year. We spotted them 10 quick ones on turnovers. Handed them touchdowns right before half and in the third (I think) with fumbles inside our own 20 (one on the goal line) and despite all that it was 27-21 heading into the fourth. Defensively, we kept their up-and-coming offense pretty well in check. If I remember correctly, they didnt sustain a drive for a touchdown that wasnt a gift until the 4th quarter, and even then, needed a fake field goal conversion for it to continue. I really like our chances. I know their offense is better. Much better. And theyre doing some things that really play into Bo's wheelhouse defensively. Theyve been lining up in a lot of 11 and 12 groupings this year (1 back, 1-2 tights) instead of the traditional 20 sets. Spreading it out more with a relatively immobile qb. That's Bo's specialty. I also think our offense is significantly better, obviously. I dont think their defense is quite as good as that point a year ago, and I read somewhere that their starting DT's are still questionable? As far as our defense, the jury's still out for me mostly because of all the injuries/suspensions.

• Fire 1

Interesting stats and kinda surprising when you look back on things. My trouble is I keep struggling with the fact that this may be the B1G championship preview. It's hard to beat a team like Sparty twice in a season so if you lose one, which one do you want to lose? Obviously this one because the other means a B1G title and we need that desperately. But, we beat Sparty twice after running the table..............there is ZERO way we aren't in the playoff for a national championship. That's saying something.........

Another thing to consider is the home field advantage. Not all home field advantages are the same. It is MUCH harder to win in The Shoe at tOSU than, say, Lansing or Iowa City. Penn State has a pretty big home field advantage too. So does Michigan in The Big House, when they don't suck. Memorial Stadium in Lincoln? Not so much any more, generally. Although when Memorial gets to rockin' like it was against Miami we're tough to beat at home.

I am not yet willing to concede the east to Michigan St. That freshman qb in Columbus is really starting to come on strong and that Urban offense is really starting to click again. That's gonna be another interesting game.

I don't think it is over, but Dantonio's defense seems to have Urban's offense's number. MSU offense has definitely improved also.

I feel like Beck is comfortable playing MSU more than almost any other team. In the past two games, despite EIGHT turnovers, we have had roughly 430 YPG and 28 PPG. I think we need 35 this weekend.

I am not yet willing to concede the east to Michigan St. That freshman qb in Columbus is really starting to come on strong and that Urban offense is really starting to click again. That's gonna be another interesting game.

I don't think it is over, but Dantonio's defense seems to have Urban's offense's number. MSU offense has definitely improved also.

I feel like Beck is comfortable playing MSU more than almost any other team. In the past two games, despite EIGHT turnovers, we have had roughly 430 YPG and 28 PPG. I think we need 35 this weekend.

I gotta say after watching the last two game, that Ohio St may be better off just to move on from Braxton. This Barrett kid can wing the ball, and he's quickly developing a very effective pocket game. Braxton was essentially just another running back, but this kid appears to be quickly developing his game as an actual qb. it could become very potent as he gains more experience.

The nice thing about losing a close game is we could have a 2nd shot against them if we do what we should the rest of the way.

I don't want that. I'm tired of the Huskers being in the level below the good teams. I want to see this team have a statement win and see the Big Red Machine mentioned in the same breath as the other top 10 teams. I want us discussed when the talking heads talk about the playoffs. I'm tired of being above average.

If we go there and lose a tough fought, well played game, I will still be pretty damn proud of this team thus far. But a win could be the statement we have been yearning for. A win could be the first step to Bo beginning his legacy as a Legendary Nebraska coach.

The nice thing about losing a close game is we could have a 2nd shot against them if we do what we should the rest of the way.

This is what I'm hoping for. It seems like we've not faired well in rematches over the years.

I'd be ok with 11-1 and a trip to Indy.

Youre hoping we lose this Saturday so that MAYBE we win out and Sparty does too so we get a second chance at em? I say win it now and let the games come as they may.

Samuel McKewon retweeted

Husker fans if you are flying to Detroit Friday delays are possible due to weather. Saturday windy and wet temps in upper 40s.

Samuel McKewon retweeted

So may not be pleasant sitting in the stadium.

Samuel McKewon @swmckewonOWH 1m1 minute ago

My bro knows his stuff. Pack a poncho if you're headed to Michigan State.