Weather Forecast for E.L. Saturday Night favors?

Does bad weather really favor either team?

I would say it favors the team who runs the ball more effectively. Especially when paired with (expected) wind and cold, the passing game is more difficult.

For those interested:

• Nebraska: #3 rushing offense, 354 YPG, 6.9 YPC.
  • Michigan State: #27 rushing offense, 252 YPG, 5.1 YPC.
  • Fire 1

It is a must that the RB's secure the ball with their second arm sooner than they do.

Especially Imani, no offense to him, but he has a history of putting it on the ground. Of course, I think AA has done it quite a few times as well.

Looking at their whole careers Ameer actually has more of a history of coughing it up at crucial times.

Of course a big part of that is that he's had the ball at crucial times more than Imani.

It is a must that the RB's secure the ball with their second arm sooner than they do.

Especially Imani, no offense to him, but he has a history of putting it on the ground. Of course, I think AA has done it quite a few times as well.

AA was not particularly good in previous years. Seems to be improved this year. Hopefully that continues.

I'm pretty sure they are back to real grass since 2002.

yep. MSU refuses to lay down FieldTurf surface. Reason? Real grass is less injuries i.e. turf toe (TMart), concussions, etc. This is a primary reason why many athletes prefer natural grass to turf, because it is softer. OU and many pro football surfaces convert from fake turf to nice natural grass.

Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?

Lance: What?

Kilgore: Napalm Real grass, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.

[kneels]

Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm real grass in the morning. The smell, you know that gasoline flowers smell, the whole hill Memorial stadium. Smelled like

[sniffing, pondering]

Kilgore: VICTORY! Someday, stay away from slick FieldTurf salesman ....

[suddenly walks off]

;)

It may not get above 50° Saturday afternoon. And it will be windy during the day. 20+ MPH a good bet. More clouds than sunshine. Very basically, windy and raw Saturday afternoon.

Friday AM will be wet in Lansing, MI. In the form of rain, as a strong cold front pushes through. Behind the front, not only the colder temperatures -- but also some lake-effect showers on Saturday. This precipitation could actually fall in the form of snow -- though not in East Lansing -- that will be restricted to the Upper Peninsula -- possibly far northwestern Lower Michigan. Slight chance of an isolated rain shower (not completely impossible you could see a wet snowflake mixed in -- but not likely) in East Lansing. I highly doubt precipitation will be a factor for the game Saturday night.

Still looking like 40s throughout the game. Wind may initially be moderate in strength, but will be diminishing. 10-18MPH range more likely during the game -- not calm, but possibly a minor factor, especially in the early going

borrowed HuskerWeatherman report (HuskerMax forum) .....

It may not get above 50° Saturday afternoon. And it will be windy during the day. 20+ MPH a good bet. More clouds than sunshine. Very basically, windy and raw Saturday afternoon.

Friday AM will be wet in Lansing, MI. In the form of rain, as a strong cold front pushes through. Behind the front, not only the colder temperatures -- but also some lake-effect showers on Saturday. This precipitation could actually fall in the form of snow -- though not in East Lansing -- that will be restricted to the Upper Peninsula -- possibly far northwestern Lower Michigan. Slight chance of an isolated rain shower (not completely impossible you could see a wet snowflake mixed in -- but not likely) in East Lansing. I highly doubt precipitation will be a factor for the game Saturday night.

Still looking like 40s throughout the game. Wind may initially be moderate in strength, but will be diminishing. 10-18MPH range more likely during the game -- not calm, but possibly a minor factor, especially in the early going

borrowed HuskerWeatherman report (HuskerMax forum) .....

Sounds lovely!!

I'm pretty sure they are back to real grass since 2002.

yep. MSU refuses to lay down FieldTurf surface. Reason? Real grass is less injuries i.e. turf toe (TMart), concussions, etc. This is a primary reason why many athletes prefer natural grass to turf, because it is softer. OU and many pro football surfaces convert from fake turf to nice natural grass.

;)

I don't think it's as big of an issue with FieldTurf as it was with "astro" turf. The FieldTurf field actually gives a little. Didn't we find out that TM's injury wasn't turf toe?

I don't think it's as big of an issue with FieldTurf as it was with "astro" turf. The FieldTurf field actually gives a little. Didn't we find out that TM's injury wasn't turf toe?

FieldTurf vs. Real Grass arguments continued ..... pro or cons. FieldTurf is still hard compared to natural grass surface (and much hotter) because I attended Skelly Field up close (Tulsa Univ. graduation ceremony) ... the same as our Memorial surface ("CoolTurf"). Myself, I like natural grass instead of fake turf.

To answer the original question, if the weather is bad, I give the benefit to the team that has the more options in the running game.

Nebraska has a deadly combination (at least so far this year) with both QB and RB running the ball. The defense has to account for way more on every play.

From my understanding, MSU is much more of a traditional drop back passing/power running attack. So, if the weather makes it harder for them to pass, the Husker defense has less to try to control.

So...in this case, if the weather is bad enough, I give the nod to Nebraska.

But, I'm not convinced the weather is going to be bad enough to make that big of a difference. Both MSU and Nebraska will be able to pass with a little rain. Now, if it's a monsoon...... :D