2014-15 Season Notes

Last year we got hott but we were also garbage on the road. We stole one from MSU and sneaked out a W at Indiana but that was about it. The home portion of the schedule was very favorable all year specifically near the end. Psu, NW, purdue. I honestly expected to be better than we are right now. I knew the home steak wouldn't last long but I also didn't think we'd lose to incarnate word or creighton at home. Just kind of a disappointing year so far. Teams have found our weakness and now we cant even score over 50. I think we will win a few more at home but the rest of the schedule is daunting. We are 4-5 now halfway through and I'd put my money on finishing around 8-10 or 7-11. Two Maryland losses, tOSU, at purdue, at illinois. And hell we could lose at psu. Hope we win at home vs NW. Iowa is a toss up.

Last year we got hott but we were also garbage on the road. We stole one from MSU and sneaked out a W at Indiana but that was about it. The home portion of the schedule was very favorable all year specifically near the end. Psu, NW, purdue. I honestly expected to be better than we are right now. I knew the home steak wouldn't last long but I also didn't think we'd lose to incarnate word or creighton at home. Just kind of a disappointing year so far. Teams have found our weakness and now we cant even score over 50. I think we will win a few more at home but the rest of the schedule is daunting. We are 4-5 now halfway through and I'd put my money on finishing around 8-10 or 7-11. Two Maryland losses, tOSU, at purdue, at illinois. And hell we could lose at psu. Hope we win at home vs NW. Iowa is a toss up.

Great points!

Also...remember...every team in conference has lots and lots of film on them now.

If we find a way to beat wisconsin at home (that's a huge IF, but you never know at PBA) do you think we will be considered for the tourney? I still think this team can make things happen. Too much talent with Pettaway and Shields to not make a run. The big men need to start stepping up. I've been impressed with parker lately so hopefully he can keep it up.

I'd say it's more like if we don't beat them we have no hope of making the tourney. We're only guaranteed 10 more games and probably need to win at least 8 to have a shot to get in the tourney. We have three really bad losses and only one decent win.

I think we should be hoping for an NIT birth at this point.

If we find a way to beat wisconsin at home (that's a huge IF, but you never know at PBA) do you think we will be considered for the tourney? I still think this team can make things happen. Too much talent with Pettaway and Shields to not make a run. The big men need to start stepping up. I've been impressed with parker lately so hopefully he can keep it up.

I dont think so. Our non-conf was pretty awful and even if we make a run, i dont see us finishing in the top 6 of the BIG.

The losses to MN and MI might sink our battleships. We have a chance with NW, PSU, WISC, PUR, MARY, IA, OSU, ILL and MARY to finish off. I count 3 games we should win(NW,PSU, ILL) 3 we have a great chance to win if we play our game(PUR, IA, OSU) and 3 tough games that could get us tourney bound if we win(MARY X2, WISC).

4-5 in conf right now.. lets just say we go on a run and 6-3 in our next 9... finish 10-8 in conf... maybe, just maybe we can walk in to the dance, but I dont see it. I think we are NIT bound.

I dont think so. Our non-conf was pretty awful and even if we make a run, i dont see us finishing in the top 6 of the BIG.

The losses to MN and MI might sink our battleships. We have a chance with NW, PSU, WISC, PUR, MARY, IA, OSU, ILL and MARY to finish off. I count 3 games we should win(NW,PSU, ILL) 3 we have a great chance to win if we play our game(PUR, IA, OSU) and 3 tough games that could get us tourney bound if we win(MARY X2, WISC).

4-5 in conf right now.. lets just say we go on a run and 6-3 in our next 9... finish 10-8 in conf... maybe, just maybe we can walk in to the dance, but I dont see it. I think we are NIT bound.

Hmmmm...6-3? Man...that is a HUGE if...I see it more like 2-7.

Has a coach in the Big Ten ever gone from Coach of the Year to last place?

I understand starting Rivers, but not Benny. Smith is out playing him. Benny is better coming off the bench fresh and being disruptive. Someone besides Petteway & Shields needs to be a treat.

Or even a THREAT ! :)

I think the starting lineup needs to be:

Leslie Smith

Walter Pitchford

Shavon Shields

Terran Petteway

Tarin Smith

Parker and Rivers are far better off the bench.

Fuller is being used so wrong... our offense isnt built for guys who need to have their shot set up.

Tai Webster has played far better, but is playing more of the 2/3 role.

I understand starting Rivers, but not Benny. Smith is out playing him. Benny is better coming off the bench fresh and being disruptive. Someone besides Petteway & Shields needs to be a treat.

Or even a THREAT ! :)

I think the starting lineup needs to be:

Leslie Smith

Walter Pitchford

Shavon Shields

Terran Petteway

Tarin Smith

Parker and Rivers are far better off the bench.

Fuller is being used so wrong... our offense isnt built for guys who need to have their shot set up.

Tai Webster has played far better, but is playing more of the 2/3 role.

I agree, but I think Tarin is the guy who can make the offense run and get that open shot for Fuller.