*** The Official Michigan State Spartans Game Discussion Thread ***

Did anyone else catch the ref spring the ball back two yards on the Hovey catch. Lane left the ball where he was tackled a hair short of the first, and the ref moved it back

Funny sh#t right there, that gets me a little fickle

Saw it. Didn't seen his knee hit way before but didn't have a good look.

I saw it too...Even rewound my DVR thing to re-watch it a couple of times..thought maybe Hovey went out of bounds prior to reaching the first down area..( he came close.. about two yards even further back from where the ref moved the ball back to)... We got a first down on the next play, so it probably only cost us 14 seconds.

Nice comeback though...against the best Defensive team we will probably face this year..Hopefully the line play can be ironed out some..They've shown flashes of goodness if not greatness against inferior talent, and hopefully can improve going forward..Just shows how important line play is to the fellas touching the ball.

It would be worth the ensuing QB controversy to get some more snaps for Tommy's backups in the rest of our games...He's tough, but if he goes down, we seem lost, despite our scoring our 1st TD with a frightened Fyfe in there..Probably more due to Sparty letting off the gas more than anything else...But who knows? T.A. was little rattled up to that point...

Btw, BRI vs. Assassin. Woodshed. Fight to the death. Go.

Not interested. I have no doubt that he's just another example of a mod who will use abuse his power of authority if he starts losing. I'd rather live to fight another day.

Okay, yep, you pegged me, what a quick study, just joined the board a month ago and has already figured it out. :huh::rolleyes:

Not interested. I have no doubt that he's just another example of a mod who will use abuse his power of authority if he starts losing. I'd rather live to fight another day.

Okay, yep, you pegged me, what a quick study, just joined the board a month ago and has already figured it out. :huh::rolleyes:

He must've watched film on your mod play

• Fire 1

You know how I am okie, how many times have I banned you? I mean, its been at least two times for disagreeing with me right?!

Regardless, our guys played their hearts out in the end, but unfortunately it was too little, too late. Shows lots of promise though as they didn't give up. *hats off*

You know how I am okie, how many times have I banned you? I mean, its been at least two times for disagreeing with me right?!

Regardless, our guys played their hearts out in the end, but unfortunately it was too little, too late. Shows lots of promise though as they didn't give up. *hats off*

I don't think I've ever been banned (I feel left out actually) but got the "warning" a few times and probably rightfully so.

I don't think I've ever been banned (I feel left out actually) but got the "warning" a few times and probably rightfully so.

You should be banned for still living in 'Okieland' after all these years. :)

T_O_B

Meh, I've heard it all before. Not going to argue about it. I was right about many things last night, and admitted when I was wrong. Can you say the same? Didn't think so.

Meh, I've heard it all before. Not going to argue about it. I was right about many things last night, and admitted when I was wrong. Can you say the same? Didn't think so.

Again, I said I was wrong about him not being able to catch, the stats aren't wrong. You're too busy, again, patting yourself on the back about how great you are you refuse to read any of that. That's okay, you've been there and done that, that's obvious. You're definitely wrong about throwing a third stringer in at QB during a huge game and hoping he's the second coming of Peyton Manning and beats one of the best teams in the nation or at least in the B1G. That thought process alone tells me everything I need to know.

OK, well scroll up. I received two upvotes on my post regarding abuse of power, so apparently there are at least two other people who agree with my sentiments regarding that.. As for Stanton, my point is that he should be backup, not 3rd string.

Honestly I don't have a dog in this fight but I do want to chime in and say I've never had issues with mods banning people unless it's personal attacks (and they have to be pretty bad and repeat offenses). Mods are just like the rest of us. Passionate about the team and sometimes things can get heated but don't be afraid you'll get banned for pissing them off. I've done it (unintentionally) before but we usually sort things out and move on.

Sorry BRI. This is what I think of every time I hear that word. It's a running gag on Todd n Tyler these days...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pegging

Let's hope he didn't peg you!

As to the game last night, still feeling a twinge of regret that Moore couldn't hold on the endzone and that our DPE got knocked off his route by Hovey on that incredible final drive.

But then again, that's our 7th string WR knocking our 8th string off his route. Shows how bad injuries have stung this season.

It's ridiculous we were even in a position to win that game, so somehow oddly I'm happy about that instead of bummed we lost.

I tip my hat to MSU. They tail-whipped our OL last night. That was the worst I've ever seen them perform, by far. They made the plays they needed to to win, but we were a hair's breadth from winning anyway. Proud we hung around and never stopped fighting.

I see reasons for much optimism, as poorly as our offense played, and despite losing.

As to the game last night, still feeling a twinge of regret that Moore couldn't hold on the endzone and that our DPE got knocked off his route by Hovey on that incredible final drive.

But then again, that's our 7th string WR knocking our 8th string off his route. Shows how bad injuries have stung this season.

It's ridiculous we were even in a position to win that game, so somehow oddly I'm happy about that instead of bummed we lost.

I tip my hat to MSU. They tail-whipped our OL last night. That was the worst I've ever seen them perform, by far. They made the plays they needed to to win, but we were a hair's breadth from winning anyway. Proud we hung around and never stopped fighting.

I see reasons for much optimism, as poorly as our offense played, and despite losing.

To continue this in two threads now...

I'm more upset that TA wasn't targeting his roommate. Westerkamp got open and you should be looking for him, not the 7th/8th wideout. After TA missed him wideopen for a score in the 3rd I would hope Beck would let him know you need to be looking for Jordan.