Everybody clap their hands

Honestly, we just have to be prepared to deal with this.

I don't think it's any mystery to anyone what's going on. But they can go through the charade of "We change our signals on a week to week basis" and "I'm signaling various things to my DL, i.e get ready on a fast play", which are things players and coaches actually did say, and what do you say to that?

Get tuned up on our end, don't tip the snap, and maybe we'll draw them offside a few times.

I think folks are getting carried away if they think the team is complaining about this. It's not an excuse or reason we lost. It's just an intriging situation that happened during the game. Bo was asked a question. I listened to it. All he said was the Michigan St's clapping was causing issues with our snap counts. He didnt go pointing a finger saying "they cheated" It's the Nebraska fans and media that have blown this thing up, hunting down footage, callin Dantonio a doosh. Granted, I'm just as guilty as anyone, but I like to play that what if game.

• Fire 3

I think folks are getting carried away if they think the team is complaining about this. It's not an excuse or reason we lost. It's just an intriging situation that happened during the game. Bo was asked a question. I listened to it. All he said was the Michigan St's clapping was causing issues with our snap counts. He didnt go pointing a finger saying "they cheated" It's the Nebraska fans and media that have blown this thing up, hunting down footage, callin Dantonio a doosh. Granted, I'm just as guilty as anyone, but I like to play that what if game.

Agreed.

Question: "Why was Mark Pelini snapping the ball before TA was ready?"

Answer: "MSU was clapping their hands to confuse him."

The only reason why people are talking about it is because Pelini said publicly that he was going to send it to the B1G offices for review. Which every coach sends tape there every week.

Normally, I hate nothing more than finger-pointing, excuse-making and "what-ifs."

But I like the idea of promoting Clap-Gate into the halls of the Big 10, and any legitimate media coverage that might earn. Puts a bug in the ear that Nebraska's first three quarters were an anomaly, and maybe Ameer and the Husker's weren't on a level playing field.

Even if that isn't necessarily true.

It also forces the Nebraska offense to revisit their snap count and focus at the line of scrimmage, suddenly worried about their predictibility, regardless of the cheating bastards on the other team.

None of this will matter if we're just not that good, but hey. Lemons. Lemonade.

• Fire 2

It definitely explains how our Oline went from pretty good to God Awful, even if they are a really good Defense. I guess Kudos to them for doing their homework. But, whats more alarming to me more than the fact that we weren't focused enough to get past it, was the fact the coaching staff didn't catch on to this before the fourth or even half way through the third quarter. Attention to detail has to be better throughout the whole team including the coaches.

It definitely explains how our Oline went from pretty good to God Awful, even if they are a really good Defense. I guess Kudos to them for doing their homework. But, whats more alarming to me more than the fact that we weren't focused enough to get past it, was the fact the coaching staff didn't catch on to this before the fourth or even half way through the third quarter. Attention to detail has to be better throughout the whole team including the coaches.

I agree the later is more concerning. A few have said if you're not cheating you're not trying, and I think if defensive players are stealing signals, making noises on the line, clapping, etc, the coaches need to adjust accordingly.

I may get killed for this - but I don't see this as any different than a hard count (rule or not). If this is recognized during the game it shouldn't take almost three full quarters to make adjustments.

Somebody re-watch 01:38 in the 2nd Quarter and tell me what Randy Gregory is doing. He's lined up on the left side at DE (bottom of the screen).

hes clapping.

Could you tell why? Was he doing the same thing as #43 of MSU?

well since Mich st does not use a clap and no one in defense shifted, i would say no. It appears to be pretty obvious that hes egging on the rest of the front on a 3rd down.
  • Fire 1

I realize this may be somewhat childish and not necessarily in keeping with the classy tradition of Nebraska Football but, here's what I'd like to see:

I would like to see us run the table with a vengeance.

I would like to see us and Sparty to make it to the B1G Championship Game.

I would like to see us hit Sparty right in the mouth all day...and THEN

Just about 5-6 mins left in the fourth, after we have sucked the life out of 'em, take a false start and unsportsmanlike penalty for...you guessed it: Clapping!

And as we are backing up for 20 yards just clap the whole time towards the 11 on the field and towards Mich States Bench.

Sorry for this rant but I had this vision run through my mind and I had to vocalize it. And...I'm done.

I realize this may be somewhat childish and not necessarily in keeping with the classy tradition of Nebraska Football but, here's what I'd like to see:

I would like to see us run the table with a vengeance.

I would like to see us and Sparty to make it to the B1G Championship Game.

I would like to see us hit Sparty right in the mouth all day...and THEN

Just about 5-6 mins left in the fourth, after we have sucked the life out of 'em, take a false start and unsportsmanlike penalty for...you guessed it: Clapping!

And as we are backing up for 20 yards just clap the whole time towards the 11 on the field and towards Mich States Bench.

Sorry for this rant but I had this vision run through my mind and I had to vocalize it. And...I'm done.

Is Sofia Vergara sitting on your lap when this happens?

• Fire 1