Everybody clap their hands

As Sharp & DB said on the radio this morning, it would be epic for the whole offense to come to the line on our first offensive play next week, crouch about half way down into their stances, then everybody clap at the same time. Once. Then play the game.

I think it would be way better for the whole line to do the 'Cotton Fall' in unison on one play. That would be hilarious.

• Fire 1

As Sharp & DB said on the radio this morning, it would be epic for the whole offense to come to the line on our first offensive play next week, crouch about half way down into their stances, then everybody clap at the same time. Once. Then play the game.

I think it would be way better for the whole line to do the 'Cotton Fall' in unison on one play. That would be hilarious.

Oh my gosh...that would be awesome.

As Sharp & DB said on the radio this morning, it would be epic for the whole offense to come to the line on our first offensive play next week, crouch about half way down into their stances, then everybody clap at the same time. Once. Then play the game.[/size]

Oh my gosh...that would be awesome.

giphy.gif

It definitely explains how our Oline went from pretty good to God Awful, even if they are a really good Defense. I guess Kudos to them for doing their homework. But, whats more alarming to me more than the fact that we weren't focused enough to get past it, was the fact the coaching staff didn't catch on to this before the fourth or even half way through the third quarter. Attention to detail has to be better throughout the whole team including the coaches.

I agree the later is more concerning. A few have said if you're not cheating you're not trying, and I think if defensive players are stealing signals, making noises on the line, clapping, etc, the coaches need to adjust accordingly.

I may get killed for this - but I don't see this as any different than a hard count (rule or not). If this is recognized during the game it shouldn't take almost three full quarters to make adjustments.

MSU mostly did the clapping in the 3rd quarter - I think only once in the 2nd quarter. So it took about a quarter for the coaches and players to figure out what was happening and make changes. The changes themselves gave our backup QB a few problems later.

It definitely explains how our Oline went from pretty good to God Awful, even if they are a really good Defense. I guess Kudos to them for doing their homework. But, whats more alarming to me more than the fact that we weren't focused enough to get past it, was the fact the coaching staff didn't catch on to this before the fourth or even half way through the third quarter. Attention to detail has to be better throughout the whole team including the coaches.

I agree the later is more concerning. A few have said if you're not cheating you're not trying, and I think if defensive players are stealing signals, making noises on the line, clapping, etc, the coaches need to adjust accordingly.

I may get killed for this - but I don't see this as any different than a hard count (rule or not). If this is recognized during the game it shouldn't take almost three full quarters to make adjustments.

MSU mostly did the clapping in the 3rd quarter - I think only once in the 2nd quarter. So it took about a quarter for the coaches and players to figure out what was happening and make changes. The changes themselves gave our backup QB a few problems later.

Didn't start until the third quarter.

I wasn't only talking about the clapping I guess but yeah I guess. They obviously knew the cadence and had done their homework. They took some chances on encroachment penalties off of how we snap the ball and it paid off Big Time for them. I just wish the coaches would have realized this and adjusted sooner.

Ha ha....you crack me up. Wish for something reasonable why don't you?

I just wish the coaches would have realized this and adjusted sooner.

How quickly do you suggest they should have realized and adjusted? It took MSU doing it a few times for the players to realize what was happening and then they switched the signal. Since MSU was doing it on plays that ended drives, the times they did it stretched over several drives and therefore half a quarter.

Both the Broncos and Cowboys today have had the center snap the ball before the QB was ready because they mis-interpreted foot movement by the QB.

I do not remember having any problems with this over the last two years until MSU started doing it intentionally.

No system is fool-proof. Ours had been working as well as any and better than most. If I had another word for what they were doing other than cheating I'd use it but there isn't any. It didn't cost us the game but it didn't help either. Once we figured out it was them doing it, we adjusted. I doubt we have any trouble with it going forward.

How quickly do you suggest they should have realized and adjusted? It took MSU doing it a few times for the players to realize what was happening and then they switched the signal. Since MSU was doing it on plays that ended drives, the times they did it stretched over several drives and therefore half a quarter.

I had to respond just to this one and then this needs to end. (I haven't been on here for a little while) How quickly, well ok I will be reasonable how about the second series in a row that the D ends/ LB's blew by our tackles and laid out our QB and RB in a very forceful manner? I said before I thought anyway that I wasn't just talking about the clapping and fooling our players as much as they figured out what we were doing as far as snap count and/or procedure in doing so and shifts and motions and what we were running. Really don't have to know all of the details when you are two steps in the backfield to figure out where the ball is as our Tackles are trying to catch up. That is the part where we needed to change things up a bit to give our Oline...well the offense a chance to work.

I had to respond just to this one and then this needs to end. (I haven't been on here for a little while) How quickly, well ok I will be reasonable how about the second series in a row that the D ends/ LB's blew by our tackles and laid out our QB and RB in a very forceful manner? I said before I thought anyway that I wasn't just talking about the clapping and fooling our players as much as they figured out what we were doing as far as snap count and/or procedure in doing so and shifts and motions and what we were running. Really don't have to know all of the details when you are two steps in the backfield to figure out where the ball is as our Tackles are trying to catch up. That is the part where we needed to change things up a bit to give our Oline...well the offense a chance to work.

Ok, I misunderstood your comment. Yes, the MSU D timing the snap count should be an easy adjustment - even the players should have caught on to that one. Hopefully, the bye week has allowed the team to work out some of these kinks.

Oh yeah...You can bet your ass that NW will have some sort of similar approach it will just be a little more difficult since Bo had made it public about the "cheating" Mich St. did. My opinion it was really smart and they did their home work, but the knowing the paly before it happens well they can not control that and they will have to adjust I am sure opposing coaches have been making calls and watching lots of video. Our Oline has to be really disciplined from here on out.