I did blame the offensive line...now I blame the clap

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/offensive-line-penalties-costing-nu-yards-and-points/article_ccb20d3a-4fe0-11e4-9921-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

They're obvious momentum drainers and possible drive killers, which is motivation enough to eliminate them. Here's more reason:

1. Nineteen penalties on the O-line. That's 175 yards in penalties through six games -- which equates to an average of 29.1 yards per contest.

2. Consider, too, that there were 165 yards (and one touchdown) wiped out on the plays called back because of an offensive line penalty -- which is an average of 27.5 yards per game.

So effectively, Nebraska's O-line -- on penalties alone -- has cost the Huskers more than 50 yards per game.

Yikes.

http://m.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/offensive-line-penalties-costing-nu-yards-and-points/article_ccb20d3a-4fe0-11e4-9921-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

They're obvious momentum drainers and possible drive killers, which is motivation enough to eliminate them. Here's more reason:

1. Nineteen penalties on the O-line. That's 175 yards in penalties through six games -- which equates to an average of 29.1 yards per contest.

2. Consider, too, that there were 165 yards (and one touchdown) wiped out on the plays called back because of an offensive line penalty -- which is an average of 27.5 yards per game.

So effectively, Nebraska's O-line -- on penalties alone -- has cost the Huskers more than 50 yards per game.

Yikes.

#discipline #attentiontodetails

That's some sad info. Against good to better teams, it will cost us i.e. MSU

I did notice that one Michigan State player was horribly offsides, and I think it was due to the fact that Armstrong hesitated in mid-clap to make one more read.

If players and coaches aren't smart enough to figure this out as the game progresses, then they aren't smart enough to win...and the fact that Armstrong and Bo were both chewing on little Pelini tells me neither one of them were sharp enough to figure out what was going on out there.

• Fire 1

Let's move on. We lost to the now #8 team in the nation by 5 on the road at night.

In the wind and rain, and the home team had to cheat to win.

Hopefully this lights a fire under the team to win out the rest of the way. 13-1 or bust.

MSU didn't cheat, they played smart and used our stupidity against us.....give them credit.
It's only cheating if you get caught, and MSU didn't get caught. At least, not when it mattered. Whining about it after the fact is futile.

Answer this. Auburn didn't get "caught" paying Cam Newton to win a national title? No. But is that the type of program Nebraska fans want or do we want one that goes out of the way to follow the rules but still beat your ass?

I'm sure your old enough to realize that cheating can work a lot of times in life. But the times it doesn't always burn worse than the sweetness the cheating earned.

Yikes.

How many of those OL penalties are on Lewis alone? From the games I've watched and listened to on the radio, he's good for at

least one if not two every single game. I don't mean to single the guy out, but he's extremely penalty prone.

Let's move on. We lost to the now #8 team in the nation by 5 on the road at night.

Hopefully this lights a fire under the team to win out the rest of the way. 13-1 or bust.

MSU didn't cheat, they played smart and used our stupidity against us.....give them credit.
It's only cheating if you get caught, and MSU didn't get caught. At least, not when it mattered. Whining about it after the fact is futile.
Answer this. Auburn didn't get "caught" paying Cam Newton to win a national title? No. But is that the type of program Nebraska fans want or do we want one that goes out of the way to follow the rules but still beat your ass?

I'm sure your old enough to realize that cheating can work a lot of times in life. But the times it doesn't always burn worse than the sweetness the cheating earned.

Watch our secondary some time. Their technique teeters the line of what is and isn't technically legal. Often times that line is crossed, and often times we get away with it. Anyone who played football at any level knows that a lot of what goes on in the trenches isn't technically legal. Jason Peter's "*shrug* it's football" reaction says it all.

Watch our secondary some time. Their technique teeters the line of what is and isn't technically legal. Often times that line is crossed, and often times we get away with it. Anyone who played football at any level knows that a lot of what goes on in the trenches isn't technically legal. Jason Peter's "*shrug* it's football" reaction says it all.

exactly. when I was in high school- I cant remember the exact year- it was the first year they "freed up the hands" when it came to blocking. We had a line coach from the college come to practice for a few days and literally teach techniques on how to hold without getting caught. how to grab jersey so its not seen. how to let go before its seen.

The point is we do get penalized for it enough that it stops is from doing it blatantly. To scheme to clap the snap to throw off the opposition is completely different since they weren't penalized at all. If your in business and you have your competitions sales model you will likely beat them. But what happens the next time when you face competition and you don't have their model. You likely lose because you relied on trickery.

Our secondary doesn't rely on trickery. They play tight coverage that borders on PI. But when needed they can cover without the penalty. What MSU showed is they could only stop our O with out snap count. When they lost this they couldn't stop us. So what will happen IF they should make the playoff and play another strong O. The smoke and mirrors will be gone and so will the Spartan D.

And when the secondary is busted, they are called for it, accordingly.

When MSU was deliberately clapping to mess up the offense, it, too, should have been called accordingly by the officials, and this whole fiasco would have been avoided, and MSU's win wouldn't have been tainted.

Simple enough proposition, one would think...

I did notice that one Michigan State player was horribly offsides, and I think it was due to the fact that Armstrong hesitated in mid-clap to make one more read.

If players and coaches aren't smart enough to figure this out as the game progresses, then they aren't smart enough to win...and the fact that Armstrong and Bo were both chewing on little Pelini tells me neither one of them were sharp enough to figure out what was going on out there.

The above is what worries me. When did and how did the staff find out and change things? Obviously they did as we changed it up in the 4th quarter

When MSU was deliberately clapping to mess up the offense, it, too, should have been called accordingly by the officials, and this whole fiasco would have been avoided, and MSU's win wouldn't have been tainted.

Using that logic every win by any team ever is tainted. Which is certainly one way to look at it, heh.

This message board is quite literally the only place where their win is tainted.

So they clapped on a handful of our plays and that is why we lost and they are cheaters yada yada yada. What a joke guys come on we are better than this

(megaphone in hand)

I repeat, this thread isn't about them clapping or any excuses associated with THEM clapping.

We were signaling when the ball would be snapped every time we snapped it. What aren't people getting about this? Armstrong clapped, Pelini snapped it. Armstrong clapped, Pelini snapped it. Repeat, repeat, repeat......

Notice a trend? If the QB claps once and the ball is snapped immediately thereafter each and every single time you snap the ball.......that's a problem.

If you understand what the hell we are talking about now, and you still don't think it was a factor in the game, well then you don't know much.

• Fire 1

So they clapped on a handful of our plays and that is why we lost and they are cheaters yada yada yada. What a joke guys come on we are better than this

(megaphone in hand)

I repeat, this thread isn't about them clapping or any excuses associated with THEM clapping.

We were signaling when the ball would be snapped every time we snapped it. What aren't people getting about this? Armstrong clapped, Pelini snapped it. Armstrong clapped, Pelini snapped it. Repeat, repeat, repeat......

Notice a trend? If the QB claps once and the ball is snapped immediately thereafter each and every single time you snap the ball.......that's a problem.

If you understand what the hell we are talking about now, and you still don't think it was a factor in the game, well then you don't know much.

Potential dumb question.......

If a team uses a clap, leg raise, silent count, or which ever where the center snaps the ball when he's ready, doesn't that erase every other lineman's advantage of knowing when the ball is snapped?