I did blame the offensive line...now I blame the clap

So all of this comes back to coaching.

15% of this is player inexperience in these situations, and 25% is MSU having to cheat to win, like a bunch of pauper Longwhorns.

60% of it is coaching, though, 100% of the time.

I don't think we can say that for sure. I played in a game one year against a former coach from our staff. As players we all heard the defense call out a play a few times. It was obvious that te other coach was feeding info. We actually changed the name of the play but the team called it by the name when the old coach was with us.

Problem was it was so obvious to us that none of us told ten coaches. There is only a short amount of time when you are on the sidelines. In the heat of the moment you don't always relay the important information the coaches need.

Also it sounds like the coaches changed things during the game to correct the problem. Auburn has almost won 2 big games by stealing signs from opposing teams. And don't try to tell me that Bill Snyder is inexperienced. He is one of the best coaches in the business at the game management part of coaching.

Let's move on. We lost to the now #8 team in the nation by 5 on the road at night.

• Fire 1

Yeah, it was a big deal. Clap-set-go. Michigan State was getting off the line before our linemen could budge. Something so simple too. It's baffling that they haven't implemented some sort of silent count by now.

Yeah, and you wonder why Jake Cotton is leaning back in his stance!!! The defense was pinning their ears back, knowing the snap count and he is just trying to get any advantage he could!

15% of this is player inexperience in these situations, and 25% is MSU having to cheat to win, like a bunch of pauper Longwhorns.

I don't think we can say that for sure. I played in a game one year against a former coach from our staff. As players we all heard the defense call out a play a few times. It was obvious that te other coach was feeding info. We actually changed the name of the play but the team called it by the name when the old coach was with us.

Problem was it was so obvious to us that none of us told ten coaches. There is only a short amount of time when you are on the sidelines. In the heat of the moment you don't always relay the important information the coaches need.

Also it sounds like the coaches changed things during the game to correct the problem. Auburn has almost won 2 big games by stealing signs from opposing teams. And don't try to tell me that Bill Snyder is inexperienced. He is one of the best coaches in the business at the game management part of coaching.

Let's move on. We lost to the now #8 team in the nation by 5 on the road at night.

This is way to level headed thinking.

I do agree though, it is time to move on to Northwestern.

It aggrevates me. This shouldve been adjusted to long before it was an issue. The first time

Tommy: "whyd you snap it. what the hell you doin?"

Pelini: "I heard the clap"

Tommy: "I didnt clap. I was getting an audible"

Pelini: "Well someone clapped"

Tommy: "Lets go to a hand signal then"

There. Done. Simple. Instead the rest of the game Pelini is more than likely more focused on trying to determing the right "clap" to snap it on rather than focusing on def aligment, pressure looks, and protection adjustments. No wonder....

So if this clap thing really did have a marginal impact on the game, it's just as much our fault as anything.

You make a good point but the clapping isn't what knocked Cotton over and it's not what was destroying both of our tackles all night long

Do we know that is wasn't? Not trying to spread any consipiracy tinfoil hat theories and I hate excuses. What if Cotton heard a clap, anticipated the snap coming a second later, then noticed the ball wasn't moving? That might explain how goofy that was. Dunno.

It aggrevates me. This shouldve been adjusted to long before it was an issue. The first time

There. Done. Simple. Instead the rest of the game Pelini is more than likely more focused on trying to determing the right "clap" to snap it on rather than focusing on def aligment, pressure looks, and protection adjustments. No wonder....

So if this clap thing really did have a marginal impact on the game, it's just as much our fault as anything.

You make a good point but the clapping isn't what knocked Cotton over and it's not what was destroying both of our tackles all night long

Do we know that is wasn't? Not trying to spread any consipiracy tinfoil hat theories and I hate excuses. What if Cotton heard a clap, anticipated the snap coming a second later, then noticed the ball wasn't moving? That might explain how goofy that was. Dunno.

TA clapped because they were going on two. TA clapped and look to the sideline for an audible. Cotton shifted just enough on the fake snap to fall over and get called for a false start. No tin hats here.

Just imagine the whining and crying if Barney was still the OL coach.

I think half the people in this thread misunderstood the point. This thread wasn't about their clapping. It was about OURS.

Michigan state knew exactly when the ball was going to be snapped for 3 quarters of the football game.

It's like lining up in the blocks at a track meet in the 100 yard dash, and the starter clapping his hands before he fires the pistol in the air. And he does it every single time.

I'm surprised a bit because this really hasn't gotten any play by any media that I've heard or seen. Maybe they don't broadcast it because it's such an obvious fault in what Nebraska does?

Either way, if Nebraska doesn't signal the snap of the ball for the first three quarters, I would think we would surely have won that game.

In the wind and rain, and the home team had to cheat to win.

Hopefully this lights a fire under the team to win out the rest of the way. 13-1 or bust.

MSU didn't cheat, they played smart and used our stupidity against us.....give them credit.

TA clapped because they were going on two. TA clapped and look to the sideline for an audible. Cotton shifted just enough on the fake snap to fall over and get called for a false start. No tin hats here.

It could be that. Or you could be part of the government cover-up. Hmmmm.

In the wind and rain, and the home team had to cheat to win.

Hopefully this lights a fire under the team to win out the rest of the way. 13-1 or bust.

MSU didn't cheat, they played smart and used our stupidity against us.....give them credit.
It's only cheating if you get caught, and MSU didn't get caught. At least, not when it mattered. Whining about it after the fact is futile.

I think half the people in this thread misunderstood the point. This thread wasn't about their clapping. It was about OURS.

Michigan state knew exactly when the ball was going to be snapped for 3 quarters of the football game.

It's like lining up in the blocks at a track meet in the 100 yard dash, and the starter clapping his hands before he fires the pistol in the air. And he does it every single time.

I'm surprised a bit because this really hasn't gotten any play by any media that I've heard or seen. Maybe they don't broadcast it because it's such an obvious fault in what Nebraska does?

Either way, if Nebraska doesn't signal the snap of the ball for the first three quarters, I would think we would surely have won that game.

I would have to agree. It would have been a fight for 4 quarters. When we went away from it and went up tempo we scored 19 unanswered points against their starting D in less than one full quarter. Not bad.

I am still disappointed with the loss in a game that we should have/could have won, BUT am more confused as to why no one on the staff figured this out or the OL didn't mention this to anyone. (If they did, why no changes)