2018 Non-Conference Schedule Complete

That is ridiculous. How is that a fair schedule?

4 years from now it might be a walk in the park. Never know.

Yet people complain that we don't schedule tough enough OOC opponents when those are usually done farther out than that.

Yea remember when it was released we were playing UCLA? They sucked until Mora came.

Check out Iowa's schedule that year in comparison. Their three tough games (Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Nebraska), all within division, are all at home. You would think there would be smart people in the Big Ten office trying to even out the schedules.

This. The way the haphazardly choose schedules is ludicrous.

Idk of they just draw names out of a hat or pitch darts at a dart board, but Delaney really is, by and large, a moron.

I agree, that conference away schedule is bullsh#t. It's not a matter of wanting or not wanting to play the best but FML, it should be somewhat balanced, fair, and equitable. Absolutely stupid to have such lopsided scheduling. I always thought those first couple years were scheduled as some sort of initiation. Now I just think they're f'ing idiots. They should never do that to any team in the B1G that a person would consider top tier. Do they want to remain irrelevant as a conference, nationally, forever?

I agree, that conference away schedule is bullsh#t. It's not a matter of wanting or not wanting to play the best but FML, it should be somewhat balanced, fair, and equitable. Absolutely stupid to have such lopsided scheduling. I always thought those first couple years were scheduled as some sort of initiation. Now I just think they're f'ing idiots. They should never do that to any team in the B1G that a person would consider top tier. Do they want to remain irrelevant as a conference, nationally, forever?

how far have we fallen!

Q

We have gotten the crap end of the stick in terms of scheduling since joining the conference. Hate to sound like a homer, but look at it over the years and in the coming years. Ain't pretty.

This is not how you elevate the con Delaney, you dip****. Holding the hand of the lower-tier while you knock-off the upper-tier is just plain moronic. It's not just moronic it's patently unfair. You are purposely stacking the deck against us.

We'll have played tOSU 5 times in the regular season over 8 years by the end of that season and Indiana once. Dafuq?

Wait, so we want a cakewalk schedule?

With a schedule like this, a good record nearly guarantees a playoff. Heaven forbid this team actually play more teams with a pulse and is tested on the road.

• Fire 2

With a schedule like this, a good record nearly guarantees a playoff. Heaven forbid this team actually play more teams with a pulse and is tested on the road.

Seriously Polo? No one is even saying that. It's just a little funny that we get tOSU that many times before we even play Indiana, who at present could give almost any team a run for their money.

Almost everyone in here has said they are in favor of playing as many top teams as we can each year. The displeasure comes from the fact that in order to do so we have to play all those teams on the road. We only get MSU at home and five other cupcakes including non con at home. We have to play 3 of the top 4 teams in the conference at their place and 2 others, that in any given year could round out the top 5 in the conference. Even you should be able to admit that we got shafted on that one. Just one of those games at home would have been nice, plus it might help the ticket sales since it looks like another crap home schedule similar to this year.

Seriously Polo? No one is even saying that. It's just a little funny that we get tOSU that many times before we even play Indiana, who at present could give almost any team a run for their money.

Almost everyone in here has said they are in favor of playing as many top teams as we can each year. The displeasure comes from the fact that in order to do so we have to play all those teams on the road. We only get MSU at home and five other cupcakes including non con at home. We have to play 3 of the top 4 teams in the conference at their place and 2 others, that in any given year could round out the top 5 in the conference. Even you should be able to admit that we got shafted on that one. Just one of those games at home would have been nice, plus it might help the ticket sales since it looks like another crap home schedule similar to this year.

I'd rather play Ohio st than Indiana every day of the week, bet the B1G likes that matchup better too.

We didn't get shafted. Stop looking for bias where there's none.

• Fire 1

I'd rather play Ohio st than Indiana every day of the week, bet the B1G likes that matchup better too.

We didn't get shafted. Stop looking for bias where there's none.

I'd rather play them too, but you'd think the conference would have made an effort for us to play everyone of the old guard with a home and away before we started repeating opponents. I'm sure the re-realignment didn't do them any favors though.

Just because I think we got shafted, and think the B1G office is incompetent when it comes to scheduling doesn't mean I think they're bias. You can still be a moron and not be bias. Obviously they didn't put a whole hell of a lot of though into the scheduling, it doesn't take a genius to understand that if you are giving a team 4 and possibly 5 premier games in a year, you might want to give them more than one of those at home. Not for the sake of easing the load, but peaking program interest and revenue at home through ticket sales. For godsake the best home game we have doesn't even come until November 17th that year.

The point is neither of you are playing anyone. The kids are placed in an unfair situation. Life is not fair, but there could have been a little better work on this.

I would rather have seen up play one or two of the top teams at home and take on a real team in the out of conference. This kind of OofC schedule is going to hurt us. But trust me, when we play Akron and are tied in the 4th quarter, their QB will be the next hypsman and they will win out in their division and and and and and and and.

• Fire 1