Right side of the Oline

I think they should start the regular starters this game and do a true rotation. If they are struggling early pull them out and see what the others do, then you have your answer. I mean when the Oline got changed up you could see an immediate impact which I was shocked by. Another thing the coaches should have noticed sooner then they did. No I am not talking about Bo and Beck necessarily. But, At half time I looked at my wife and said I think Bo may have to replace some coaches. Kudos to them for making the change before it was to late.

I was going to argue with you about how fast you pull OL starters, but this was a long time coming and completely exposed and on display for everyone during the MSU game. Our starting OL needs a fire lit under them. If that means benching them after a bad series or starting some 2nd string guys instead, so be it.

Agree totally with the subbing. You see a guy missing assignments or dragging ass, rather than let him continue to do it through an entire series, send in the next guy, but DO NOT let him retreat to the bench. Make him stand right there by the coach and watch his spot slipping away. If he's worth a damn he'll be begging to go back out and reclaim it. :thumbs

I don't think Moudy actually played very many series at LG, I went back through and tried to count and I think it was only 1 series in the first half (the 4th drive TD) and 1 in the second half (no points). The second line played better in the second half but that also could have been a result of Northwestern getting worn down, the first line didn't really play that bad. The offense was stalling because Armstrong was 6/13 passing in the first half with that group. The pass protection was good all game, he was never under any pressure except when he dropped the snap. If he would have hit a few more passes, the first line group would have looked better. There was also a nice 8-9 yard run in the first half that was called back because Alonzo Moore didn't line up correctly, that was a big play that put them behind the sticks. The holding call on Cotton was borderline and he came back and made 2 nice blocks on the next 2 plays. Cotton was also stonewalling his guy in pass protection all game, he looked pretty darn good. Keep in mind that Cotton was also on the field during the 3 rushing TD drives in the second half, not Moudy. Sterup also came back in for Price on the drive they ran it 9 straight times for the TD.

So overall, the second line did play a little better in the running game but I think its been a little blown up on the board and in the media on how much you can really equate the second half success to the second string line. Everybody played better in the second half, most importantly Tommy was hitting and receivers were catching the 3rd down balls.

I don't think Moudy actually played very many series at LG, I went back through and tried to count and I think it was only 1 series in the first half (the 4th drive TD) and 1 in the second half (no points). The second line played better in the second half but that also could have been a result of Northwestern getting worn down, the first line didn't really play that bad. The offense was stalling because Armstrong was 6/13 passing in the first half with that group. The pass protection was good all game, he was never under any pressure except when he dropped the snap. If he would have hit a few more passes, the first line group would have looked better. There was also a nice 8-9 yard run in the first half that was called back because Alonzo Moore didn't line up correctly, that was a big play that put them behind the sticks. The holding call on Cotton was borderline and he came back and made 2 nice blocks on the next 2 plays. Cotton was also stonewalling his guy in pass protection all game, he looked pretty darn good. Keep in mind that Cotton was also on the field during the 3 rushing TD drives in the second half, not Moudy. Sterup also came back in for Price on the drive they ran it 9 straight times for the TD.

So overall, the second line did play a little better in the running game but I think its been a little blown up on the board and in the media on how much you can really equate the second half success to the second string line. Everybody played better in the second half, most importantly Tommy was hitting and receivers were catching the 3rd down balls.

I get the feeling they were more so trying to send a message to cotton by Moudy playing.

I get the feeling they were more so trying to send a message to cotton by Moudy playing.

Nevernind, didn't realize Moudy was a Senior, disregard this. Could be a motivational thing, could also just be getting him a breather.

Tommy was able to do that because he was getting good blocking for the first time that night. Make the back ups the starters and lets' see if they can keep it up.

Also in last 2 games, Nebraska has scored TDs on all 3 drives with Mike Moudy at left guard. Maybe something to watch moving forward.

This is not true - the second to last drive against Northwestern they started on the 19 yard line with Lewis, Moudy, Reeves, Kondolo, Price and went three and out for a field goal.

Also in last 2 games, Nebraska has scored TDs on all 3 drives with Mike Moudy at left guard. Maybe something to watch moving forward.

This is not true - the second to last drive against Northwestern they started on the 19 yard line with Lewis, Moudy, Reeves, Kondolo, Price and went three and out for a field goal.

Still. That's better results than our starting LG getting knocked over by air

In his defense, it was a stiff breeze, and that pony keg wasn't going to drink itself.

This also didn't happen in the last 2 games...

Jake Cotton Could be a great guard if he would just get out of his own way. He has a lot of mental lapses and it has cost this team quite a bit in terms of yardage and points. Anyway, I just cant see them sticking with the original starting Oline from this point forward unless they can prove they deserve to be there.

It would also help if he didnt buy his jerseys from the Baby gap.

Jake Cotton Could be a great guard if he would just get out of his own way. He has a lot of mental lapses and it has cost this team quite a bit in terms of yardage and points. Anyway, I just cant see them sticking with the original starting Oline from this point forward unless they can prove they deserve to be there.

It would also help if he didnt buy his jerseys from the Baby gap.

Just cuz he took the one you had your heart set on..........