Bo and SECPN

Ignoring the mischaracterization of Bo being "mad" about this, he's saying (rightly) that a sports reporting organization shouldn't have a vested interest in one of the conferences they cover.Not really sure how we're arguing against that.

Which he would gladly take if the shoe were on the other foot.

Well. duh.

Really went out on a limb there didnya?

• Fire 1

Ignoring the mischaracterization of Bo being "mad" about this, he's saying (rightly) that a sports reporting organization shouldn't have a vested interest in one of the conferences they cover.Not really sure how we're arguing against that.

So you're not disagreeing that it's a bad thing for ESPN to have a significantly greater vested interest in one conference as opposed to covering all equally?

That's because, like the Big10, Stihl is living to much in the past. Embrace your history. Just dont rely on it. Husqvarna is a very progressive and modern type chainsaw. Taking advantage of the current need for the most up to do date technology. The semi-skip design just doesnt do the job in this day and age of tree cutting. The game has changed so much.

• Fire 3

So you're not disagreeing that it's a bad thing for ESPN to have a significantly greater vested interest in one conference as opposed to covering all equally?

I'm saying it's probably not great, but I understand.

And if Bo would take the bias if offered to him, well perhaps we shouldn't speak of it lest we be a touch hypocritical. I don't remember him complaining when he was the DC of a two loss national champion sec team.

Ignoring the mischaracterization of Bo being "mad" about this, he's saying (rightly) that a sports reporting organization shouldn't have a vested interest in one of the conferences they cover.

Not really sure how we're arguing against that.

Umm, you better check your thinking. Last I looked BTN is 51% owned by Fox Sports.

After the B1G signs their tier 1 rights to Fox I bet you see more favorable coverage on their affiliates.

That's because, like the Big10, Stihl is living to much in the past. Embrace your history. Just dont rely on it. Husqvarna is a very progressive and modern type chainsaw. Taking advantage of the current need for the most up to do date technology. The semi-skip design just doesnt do the job in this day and age of tree cutting. The game has changed so much.

I don't know a thing about chainsaws, but if this comparison is accurate then this is the best post in this thread. Haha

Ignoring the mischaracterization of Bo being "mad" about this, he's saying (rightly) that a sports reporting organization shouldn't have a vested interest in one of the conferences they cover.

Umm, you better check your thinking. Last I looked BTN is 51% owned by Fox Sports.

In what way would that make it OK? I'm not unaware that all conferences have massive TV deals, with billions of dollars changing hands between media companies and the conferences. The fact that the Big Ten has massive media rights sales to ESPN, Fox and anyone else doesn't make it OK.

I'm saying it's probably not great, but I understand.

Then that's all most anyone here is saying. If we take the Bo Blinders off we can see that there's a larger issue here. That's what everyone is arguing. There isn't a pro-Bo windmill to tilt at here.

In addition to having a vested interest in the conference, they have a vested interest in the playoff as well.

• Fire 1

I don't know a thing about chainsaws, but if this comparison is accurate then this is the best post in this thread. Haha

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/saw-chains/rslhk/

BykPZsMCAAAY5ka.jpg

Yup, no SEC bias to see here folks.

This is the PERFECT example of how ESPN subtly promotes the SEC while diminishing other teams and conferences.

You might think, "Well, it's so obvious, I would never be swayed by that." But it's only obvious because it's being pointed out. I see this type of language and editorial discretion every time I visit ESPN's site, in nearly every story and in the way stories are selected for the front page. Unless you're actively looking for it, it just blends in with background noise. But, it has a subconscious effect. It's advertising. It's how advertising works.

• Fire 2

I believe the PAC 12 backed out of ours

Sorry, brotha, but the Pac12 plays everybody. Look at this slate:

Oregon v. Michigan State

Stanford v. Notre Dame

UCLA v. Texas and Virginia

Cal v. BYU and Northwestern

ASU v. Notre Dame

USC v. Boston College, Notre Dame & Fresno State (usually they are good)

Utah v. Michigan and Fresno State