Obama - "I, Me, My, Myself, Mine"

I'm sure that everyone who ventures into the P&R forums has heard some version of this common criticism of President Obama:

This is all because, I mean, count the number of times he uses the word I in any speech, and compare that to any other president. Remember when he announced the killing of bin Laden? That speech I believe had 29 references to I – on my command, I ordered, as commander-in-chief, I was then told, I this. You’d think he’d pulled the trigger out there in Abbottabad. You know, this is a guy, you look at every one of his speeches, even the way he introduces high officials – I’d like to introduce my secretary of State. He once referred to ‘my intelligence community’. And in one speech, I no longer remember it, ‘my military’. For God’s sake, he talks like the emperor, Napoleon. - Charles Krauthammer

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/09/16/krauthammer-distorts-obamas-words-to-declare-hi/200766

Well . . . to my great surprise the conservative media's complaint is totally wrong. Again.

BuzzFeed News analyzed more than 2,000 presidential news conferences since 1929, looking for usage of first-person singular pronouns — “I,” “me,” “my,” “mine,” and “myself.” Just 2.5 percent of Obama’s total news-conference words fell into this category. Only Herbert Hoover and Franklin D. Roosevelt used them less often.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johntemplon/obamas-pronouns-dont-make-him-narcissist#2u5bvuw

enhanced-12335-1413566807-17.jpg

Whoever did this research should spend their time more wisely. Like debating why the SEC is evil.

I'm quite certain that a simple alogorithm could be used for this. Just load the text of speeches and voila. I'm sure it was done in a few minutes.

WHAT?!? you mean i did not have to listen to every speech and count every word?

• Fire 1

Whoever did this research should spend their time more wisely. Like debating why the SEC is evil.

I'm quite certain that a simple alogorithm could be used for this. Just load the text of speeches and voila. I'm sure it was done in a few minutes.

WHAT?!? you mean i did not have to listen to every speech and count every word?

You did. Just to double check and be sure the computer was working properly.

• Fire 2

Both are stupid and a total waste of time for someone who really wants to make a difference in life.

Now think about the fact that one network has devoted significant time to it . . . and Buzzfeed (of all places!) proved them false. It might be a new low when Buzzfeed has a greater commitment to accuracy than a purported news organization.

Interesting times we live in. What was that you posted this morning? 47% of conservatives rely primarily on that network?

• Fire 2

Is it a possibility that the 2.5 percent that he uses I, me, etc. is the only time that he is right on any decisions he's made and the rest are him pushing blame on the bad decisions he has made? (come on you know its true) Oh and the SEC is not evil per say they are just taking advantage of the decisions the NCAA (who is Evil) make and let them get away with. :D