Blackshirts Awarded

Mavric

Banderas got a shirt, chose not to wear it

Where are you seeing this?

@HuskerExtraBC: Josh Banderas did get a blackshirt but didn't feel he was playing at a high enough level to wear it, according to Papuchis.

Thanks.

Nice move by Bando? He actually played better than Roach the last game IMO.

Banderas got a shirt, chose not to wear it

Where are you seeing this?

@HuskerExtraBC: Josh Banderas did get a blackshirt but didn't feel he was playing at a high enough level to wear it, according to Papuchis.

Thanks.

Nice move by Bando? He actually played better than Roach the last game IMO.

He really did.

Maybe it's just an unfounded phantom memory, but I seem to recall the D playing worse after Blackshirts were handed out in too many previous seasons.

If I remember it right, I hope that is another trend that we break this year. Encouraging if Banderas received one but felt he had not yet earned it. That is good leadership and accountability, and an example for others to follow.

• Fire 2

Pelini didn’t give out Blackshirts until after 10 games in 2008, 5 in ’09, 3 in ’10 and 8 in ’11-’12. Gave out 7 before 1st game last year.

Maybe it's just an unfounded phantom memory, but I seem to recall the D playing worse after Blackshirts were handed out in too many previous seasons.

If I remember it right, I hope that is another trend that we break this year. Encouraging if Banderas received one but felt he had not yet earned it. That is good leadership and accountability, and an example for others to follow.

Interesting thought. Here's the numbers:

2008 - given out after Kansas, won 56-28 the next week versus Kansas State

2009 - given out after Missouri, lost 31-10 the next week versus Texas Tech (this is the only one that sticks out in my mind)

2010 - given out after Washington, won 17-3 the next week versus South Dakota State and 48-13 the week after against Kansas State

2011 - given out after Michigan State, lost 28-25 the next week versus Northwestern

2012 - given out after Michigan, won 28-24 the next week versus Michigan State

2013 - given out preseason