***** What did we learn - Rutgers Edition *****

Ohio State's recent success is more a product of their competition and not necessarily their capability.

As is ours.

Yes. I thought OSU may be the cream of the B1G crop after getting their O-line straightened out. Now, I think OSU, MSU, and Nebraska are all about the same a top the B1G. Nebraska should win out and meet either OSU/MSU in B1G championship game. Nebraska history suggests that there is a high probability of that NOT happening. But, that is my expectation.

I don't disagree with that at all.

I just can't get over that it's the fans that think they have the right of being satisfied and unsatisfied. Lol, you have no impact on the game, unless you are screaming at the stadium, even then, you still don't.

#entitled.

You go me there. I'll admit. Yes, as a fan, you should be satisfied. For instance, am I *satisfied* that we won today? Yes. Do I think we played well enough to be able to say we still have a legit shot at the Conference title, or even the division for that matter? No. Not with this sloppy erratic play. Im glad we won. Anyone who plays that narrative of not being happy yada yada can suck it. But i see things-lots of things-that are gonna cost us games yet this year. And it's things that happen EVERY SINGLE GAME. Simple little basic things. Like catching a snap, or catching a pass, or not leaving your man on a scramble to wind up for a 75 yard td.

Understandable Count, but if I had a dollar for every time my guys made a mistake on friday nights that I myself and the other coaches tried to fix all week in practice, I'd be a rich man over the last 5 years.

It is SOOO much easier said than done about fixing "simple" problems. Yet, if you were the one doing the coaching, you would realize that these kids are human too. Not programable robots.

Is there an issue with coaching? Probably, but I would say that even Alabama's staff isn't perfect. That's the best part of football, there is always room to improve. Let's extend a little grace and allow them to. Instead of ripping them week after week.

I coach as well. granted it's 7 year old flag football. LOL. So I understand what youre saying. And i know mistakes are gonna happen. Dont take me for one these guys that feels entitled and expects PERFECT football. I know the game just as well if not better than the next guy. And I'm tellin you, there's little things popping up that keep popping up week after week. We have the talent. But we'll a couple more games because of it. It's whats been holding us back yet still doesnt seem to get fixed. We had frickin snap issues again today. C'mon man. After all the highly publicized clappin crap, and we're still doing it? There were two today that I recall.

I think it's amusing, the fans that tell other fans they can't be satisfied or unsatisfied. I'll be any damn thing I want to be. And overall today I am satisfied. Why? Because we won and showed plenty bright spots throughout the game. My feeling this way is a direct result of having lowered my expectations after (during) the MSU game. My gut tells me this team will screw up 1 or 2 more games this regular season, so from here on out, every win is reason to be happy. To tell the truth, I'd rather be expecting excellence but I think that is too much to ask of this staff. They are at the top of their ability eeking out wins against unranked teams. The pumpers have convinced me, expecting more is unreasonable.

I think it's amusing, the fans that tell other fans they can't be satisfied or unsatisfied. I'll be any damn thing I want to be. And overall today I am satisfied. Why? Because we won and showed plenty bright spots throughout the game. My feeling this way is a direct result of having lowered my expectations after (during) the MSU game. My gut tells me this team will screw up 1 or 2 more games this regular season, so from here on out, every win is reason to be happy. To tell the truth, I'd rather be expecting excellence but I think that is too much to ask of this staff. They are at the top of their ability eeking out wins against unranked teams. The pumpers have convinced me, expecting more is unreasonable.

So are you thinking for yourself and being who you want to be or are you letting people convince you? I'm confused?

• Fire 2

Nobody expects perfect football guys. This was a subpar performance in my eyes, and also familiar one. Losing to a great team when you play well is acceptable even if the result is a L. This was a W but hardly an acceptable performance, especially coming from a regime that doesn't produce enough good performances.

If you are satisfied with performances like this, then more power to you. We simply watch the game differently.

• Fire 3

Nobody expects perfect football guys. This was a subpar performance in my eyes, and also familiar one. Losing to a great team when you play well is acceptable even if the result is a L. This was a W but hardly an acceptable performance, especially coming from a regime that doesn't produce enough good performances.

If you are satisfied with performances like this, then more power to you. We simply watch the game differently.

The vast majority of fans are beyond happy with this game. They dont live on boards and cut up every little thing. Win=Happy... The ones on here, including myself, are the nutters...

I just get the feeling some of you forget they have another week to prepare, to get kinks worked out. One performance today doesn't mean the same performance will occur next week. A week from today 17 seasons ago. #1 Nebraska went to Missouri and needed a miracle to win. Did that performance have a negative effect on the rest of the year?

I am with some of you about the snap/clap count bs. We need to go back to regular cadence in my opinion.

I just get the feeling some of you forget they have another week to prepare, to get kinks worked out. One performance today doesn't mean the same performance will occur next week. A week from today 17 seasons ago. #1 Nebraska went to Missouri and needed a miracle to win. Did that performance have a negative effect on the rest of the year?

I am with some of you about the snap/clap count bs. We need to go back to regular cadence in my opinion.

NO.

So are you thinking for yourself and being who you want to be or are you letting people convince you? I'm confused?

You're confused? How do you think I feel? I'm supposed to be happy because we beat a terrible Rutgers team even though I saw all kinds of crap from our team that would get their ass beat by any team with a pulse. It is confusing because I have to basically lie to my common sense to think this team is going anywhere and there are people who are adamant about standing up for the mediocrity. I think I've just given up. I can't give enough squirts to even get riled up about it anymore.
  • Fire 1

NO.

Lol. Why?

You're confused? How do you think I feel? I'm supposed to be happy because we beat a terrible Rutgers team even though I saw all kinds of crap from our team that would get their assets beat by any team with a pulse. It is confusing because I have to basically lie to my common sense to think this team is going anywhere and there are people who are adamant about standing up for the mediocrity. I think I've just given up. I can't give enough squirts to even get riled up about it anymore.

I feel sorry for you that your emotional well being hinges on football. Or at least thats what it looks like. More power to ya though. Have a nice rest of your day being upset.

Mike'l Severe made a great point about today's game that I have been thinking about too. People want to complain about the team they root for, but we don't want to give credit to the other team.

Rutgers is a decent team. They have athletes and good players. It's not like NU is going against air out there.

I don't disagree with this, but where I do see cause for concern is when you juxtapose the eye test and outcome of our game against Rutgers versus OSU's game against Rutgers. Previously, I couldn't necessarily see an objective argument as to why OSU should necessarily be ranked higher than us. Now, after seeing OSU look pretty systematic in physically dominating RU, then RU has to go right back out on the road, halfway across the country, theoretically, they should be less competitive this week than they were the last (assuming were basically as good as OSU), where one would expect a similar if not worse beating, I can subjectively understand why OSU is ranked higher. I don't think were any less talented that many of the teams ranked ahead of us, but its easy to see why we lose the "eye test" battle. I don't understand how anyone can look back at today's win, and really, throughout the Pelini era, and believe we play disciplined, sound football to a level required to achieve the over-all results we'd all like to see.

NO.

Lol. Why?

Sparty game. The D could predict when we were going to hike the ball. If they can figure it out anyone can.

NO.

Lol. Why?

Sparty game. The D could predict when we were going to hike the ball. If they can figure it out anyone can.

Because of the clapping. It's not hard to figure out that when we "fake clap" we over exaggerate it. Then clap like a normal person to actually snap it. What is more obvious to figure out. Visuals or Audio? I know the answer. Do you?

Regular cadence, and be disciplined to hold in. Alex Lewis would probably struggle with that though. :D