***** What did we learn - Rutgers Edition *****

How can any fan be completely satisfied with this win?

Is anyone saying they are "completely satisfied?"

I don't know why some posters are pointing out other posters for not being satisfied with the win today if that were the case.

Cause you guys are NEVER happy with a win unless we play completely perfect, which is near impossible.

The absolute ceiling for this team is finishing runner up in the CCG.

Or not even make it. Wisconsin and Iowa/Minny will knock us off.

This is not about us not being happy over a blowout. It's about seeing us time and time again do things during the game, that while fine against Rutgers, FAU, Illinois, etc, comes back to bite us in the ass against good teams. Ala Michigan St piss pounding us for 3 quarters. Tim Beck and his plan to literally waste 2-3 possessions per half is going to lose us some imprortant games yet this season. The guy can take a hike. Papuchis can do a better job of sticking to whats working by calling plays based on flipping a one-sided coin.

Now for the good. Our defense is pretty good. Not perfect, but good. And in this day and age of offensive football, that'll get you places. It's HARD to play defense these days. But I saw a lot of things that are encouraging. Guys getting better and better at what we're doing.

Offensive line I thought did much better. Appears the fire under their ass was lit.

Ameer. LOL.

In the words of my wifes cousin, I would let Gerry have access to me. LOL

But at the end of the day......

CONSISTENCY CONSITENCY CONSISTENCY.

We won by 3 scores. Calm down.

The team doesn't have a killer instinct to finish.

So we freak out when we pull the starters because our back ups don't have a killer instinct to execute like a national championship team.

and

We freak out when the starters get left in because the back ups don't get playing time.

This board. Is starting to become a double standard itself. yeesh.

I saw our starting defense actually in the game giving up a garbage TD by letting Rutgers fly down the field doing anything and everything they wanted to do. But OK.
The last touchdown?

I don't know why some posters are pointing out other posters for not being satisfied with the win today if that were the case.

Actually, NEVER being satisfied is how you become great. The other night, Peyton Manning was bitchin out the frickin scoreboard operator. never satisfied. ALWAYS WORKING TO GET BETTER. That's what football, and sports in general, is. So no one should preach to anyone about not being satisfied.

• Fire 1

Cause you guys are NEVER happy with a win unless we play completely perfect, which is near impossible.

That's incorrect too.

Im one that happens to watch the game closely, and watch again after it's over, and watch other teams play. And I can tell you, today we played just a smidgin better than we did against Michigan St. Seriously. But it's Rutgers. It's FAU. It's illinois. Play like today, and Ohio St would do to us the same thing theyve been doing to everyone the past 5 weeks.

• Fire 2

I don't know I was pretty happy when we beat Florida Atlantic, Fresno St, Miami, and Illinois. But the fact we are over half way through the season and didn't think we took a step forward today is a bit concerning. Wouldn't you like to win a conference championship this year?

That said. Good job winning today Huskers. Now make sure you clean up your s***.

That's incorrect too.

Im one that happens to watch the game closely, and watch again after it's over, and watch other teams play. And I can tell you, today we played just a smidgin better than we did against Michigan St. Seriously. But it's Rutgers. It's FAU. It's illinois. Play like today, and Ohio St would do to us the same thing theyve been doing to everyone the past 5 weeks.

I don't disagree with that at all.

I just can't get over that it's the fans that think they have the right of being satisfied and unsatisfied. Lol, you have no impact on the game, unless you are screaming at the stadium, even then, you still don't.

#entitled.

Mike'l Severe made a great point about today's game that I have been thinking about too. People want to complain about the team they root for, but we don't want to give credit to the other team.

Rutgers is a decent team. They have athletes and good players. It's not like NU is going against air out there.

This and they were one drive away from being a "one loss" team.

Mike'l Severe made a great point about today's game that I have been thinking about too. People want to complain about the team they root for, but we don't want to give credit to the other team.

Rutgers is a decent team. They have athletes and good players. It's not like NU is going against air out there.

This and they were one drive away from being a "one loss" team.
Even if they were one loss and the score was the same it would be we aren't that great we should destroy Rutgers every year.