***** What did we learn - Rutgers Edition *****

Good win Big Red.

We made a bad team look good sometimes (them)

and a good team look bad sometimes (us)

Still waiting for the game where we don't do something really stupid.

Criticizing Beck seems ridiculous and fair all at the same time, per usual.

Defensive line is monstrous.

Nate Gerry is a damn good ball player. Another pick and a play I saw him stay home and make the play. If he hadn't, it was six for them.

Mitchell deserves a lot of respect. Gets little. No off the wall pun intended.

Tommy Armstrong is a good QB, will be a great QB.

I will miss Ameer, what a damn good player. I have faith in Brown though. The next guy will be ready.

I heard some ESPN analyst say Shawn Watson has been doing a great job in Texas? STFU clown. They are being shut out.

• Fire 2

The Good:

* Ameer, fourth 200-yard game this season, and broke Roy Helu's single-game APY record! Got Newby some good work, too. That's how you do it.

* Kenny Bell, your new all-time leader in receptions in Nebraska history. Nice job as he continues working his way back from injury.

* Tommy! Aside from the pick, that's what I like to see. He was only asked to throw 22 times, but he made the most of those, completing 14 and moving the chains, attacking the defense with his arm and his legs.

* A real nice win. About as "take care of business" as they come. There's work to be done, for sure. Keep moving in the right direction, baby.

The bad:

* 348 yards allowed, maybe not as clean as you'd like.

* Alonzo's got to step up. He's getting the opportunities but has to assert himself better. We need that third option at the receiver spot.

* What's it going to take for Ryne Reeves to earn a starting job around here?

The ugly:

* The "Fire Beck" crowd is insane.

* Huskerboard, gotta raise our level. Smartest football fans in the country, you guys. Are we really responsible for some of this stuff in the Gameday threads, etc?

• Fire 4

Beck, still finding ways to f*ck things up

Screens are our D's Achilles heel

I think we forget that TA Jr is a sophomore

If they play this sloppy and uninspired against Wisky, it could get ugly

The offense we saw during the Miami game was the cruelest joke

Generally the offense wasn't as crisp as you'd like in a game like this, but talent won today. This won't work if this team wants to win the division, let alone the conference.

Bo and co must work on defending bootleg pass game much better. Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa have the ability to do it all game.

Beck hatred is hilarious.

Ameer is unbelievable.

DPL has me on edge of seat every punt.

Just so we can be clear, I love how this hatred word is thrown around this place. I don't really have hatred for anyone, let alone some offensive coordinator I've never met and has never harmed me in any way.

I think the dislike for Beck is silly and reasonable all at once.

If you're a numbers guy, Beck does pretty well most of the time. It almost seems foolish not to trust him. Then other times we just.......go all Beck out there.

I don't hate Beck. I don't really like his style. I would have no problem if he moved on, I wouldn't mind if he stayed. I just think we can be a more consistent and effective offense. Still sounds silly to say when we win like this...haha. Oh well.

Good job Big Red.

• Fire 1

Beck, still finding ways to f*ck things up

Screens are our D's Achilles heel

I think we forget that TA Jr is a sophomore

If they play this sloppy and uninspired against Wisky, it could get ugly

The offense we saw during the Miami game was the cruelest joke

Running Ameer 35 times today would have been by far a worse decision then any others Beck made today.

• Fire 5

I've learned nothing again. By now we should all know what this team is. We have faced very few quality opponents (one) and lost. We are second tier big 10 in the weaker division...we may make the title game...we may not. Win it? Ha.

All this untapped potential and we'll probably end up getting manhandled by a one dimensional Wisconsin team and miss out on the title game.

I'm still going to just sit back and enjoy what there is to enjoy. Ameer is unique. His kind doesn't come around every year. Our punt return game has some firepower which is exciting to watch. Our offensive line makes for great comedy at times and what can you do but laugh. Our Dline is beastly.

Maybe this team surprises...year 7 same mistakes and tendencies...I wouldn't bet on it.

The absolute ceiling for this team is finishing runner up in the CCG.

Or not even make it. Wisconsin and Iowa/Minny will knock us off.

This is not about us not being happy over a blowout. It's about seeing us time and time again do things during the game, that while fine against Rutgers, FAU, Illinois, etc, comes back to bite us in the ass against good teams. Ala Michigan St piss pounding us for 3 quarters. Tim Beck and his plan to literally waste 2-3 possessions per half is going to lose us some imprortant games yet this season. The guy can take a hike. Papuchis can do a better job of sticking to whats working by calling plays based on flipping a one-sided coin.

Now for the good. Our defense is pretty good. Not perfect, but good. And in this day and age of offensive football, that'll get you places. It's HARD to play defense these days. But I saw a lot of things that are encouraging. Guys getting better and better at what we're doing.

Offensive line I thought did much better. Appears the fire under their ass was lit.

Ameer. LOL.

In the words of my wifes cousin, I would let Gerry have access to me. LOL

But at the end of the day......

CONSISTENCY CONSITENCY CONSISTENCY.

• Fire 1