Whisky

KazLong

I'm not going to sugar coat it. I think that we're going to get rolled in Madison by a substandard Wisconsin team in a substandard division. Our run D is going to get steamrolled as they wear down. They'll stop pursuing at 100%, and that'll be it. Cue the fat lady. I'm sorry to sound so negative, but our team has mental issues when it comes to these games. We have the personnel and ability to curb stomp them in their own house, but there is just a lack of focus and killer instinct that keeps us from putting these teams away. I really hope that I'm wrong, because it really sucks to be an unabashed Husker fan living in Wisconsin, only to watch your team get rolled by the local boys. I'm still hearing about the jet sweep beat down.

• Fire 1

I'm not going to sugar coat it. I think that we're going to get rolled in Madison by a substandard Wisconsin team in a substandard division. Our run D is going to get steamrolled as they wear down. They'll stop pursuing at 100%, and that'll be it. Cue the fat lady. I'm sorry to sound so negative, but our team has mental issues when it comes to these games. We have the personnel and ability to curb stomp them in their own house, but there is just a lack of focus and killer instinct that keeps us from putting these teams away. I really hope that I'm wrong, because it really sucks to be an unabashed Husker fan living in Wisconsin, only to watch your team get rolled by the local boys. I'm still hearing about the jet sweep beat down.

I don't know if we will win or lose, but this is not the same teams as before. We are better on the D-line and Wisconsin has trouble throwing the ball, which will allow our safeties to stop the jet sweep. I really believe that this will come down to our LB play and whether we can complete 60% of our passes.

Our front four is spectacular. The secondary is playing great. Zaire Anderson is enforcing his will out there and making opposing rushers pay. Nate Gerry could be a huge factor in this game against Wiscy. He is fast and he recognizes the play well for the most part. A few mistakes here and there but I'd expect him to play a large role in helping stop Gordon.

Offensively I don't kow what to expect. Can we snap the ball without fumbling? Can Tommy throw a pass that isn't a rocket? By the way, I'm a huge supporter of Armstrong, but he's got to get better. Will Abdullah be back? Will our WR's stop running every route 25 yards or deeper? Where's the common sense? Where is the basic knowledge of the game and understanding of the situation? This offense bothers me, and Wiscy in their house bothers me. Huskerboard be prepared, it could be a lot more questions about Becks abilities andi know that gets some of you all workied up inside.

I too have asked why we always through 25 to 30 yards passes on 3rd & 5. I also like Tommy, but sometimes he tries to do too much.

Look at the routes his receivers are running.

I keep trying to tell people it's not all on Tommy, we just like to keep piling on the kid around here for some reason.

Becks offense give the WR's reads and options. Look at the route Westerkamp runs on Tommy's interception. The offense is already playing into the wind, Westerkamp fakes inside then breaks if back out and up. He's already 20 yards downfield into the wind and he's going to run deeper?? Why? Then obviously Tommy reacts to Westerkamps fake and believes he is going to stay inside, and BOOM easy interception.

We run one of the stupidest offensive systems I've ever seen. Actually, it's not stupid, it's genius really. If you have eleven geniuses all on the same page who never make mistakes and an opposing defense that does exactly what you expect them to do every time, then yep...it's genius. That's why I call it stupid...because it won't ever work out this way.

We have 2 weeks. I'd cut the receiver route option crap. It hasn't/doesn't and won't work. If the WR is to do a 10 yrs curl, that's what he runs. WR and QB know. No miscues, limits mistakes and INT's......

Go with TA under center. Run out of the I formation. Use 2 back sets the entire time. The 2 back sets would allow us to go Cross or Jano (inside runs) or Newby for sweeps or outside. Again, play to the strengths of the team. Cross isn't going to get it done running outside......

TA won't/can't go through progressions so don't have 4 guys in routes. Run 2 TE sets as well. Chip block and drag to the middle of the field. TA's "strength" in passing is vertical to the middle of the field. Several things will happen, the TE will be open as we haven't used them, when the LB's start to go with them, it opens running lanes. The safeties will be i run support so no threat if over thrown.

TA is a strong runner. Use designed runs. Can the zone read and go true option i.e. triple, belly G. Misdiretion and counters. Play to strengths of the team not to to Beck's "genius". For f@@ks sake even tell him to hike the ball and simply look left and then go to the right for your primary receiver. 18 games on film of look left, throw left will allow the loo left throw right get at least 2-3 scores before they adjust and quit jumping routes......

Wisky will have no idea on how to defend. Nothing on film......

We go in with the same craptastic play calling Beck used against Purdue and MSU, we are going to get our a$$es handed to us. Bo needs to sit beck down and explain we need to be a power run team with spread elements. Not a speed team with power elements.......

• Fire 2

I don't know if we will win or lose, but this is not the same teams as before. We are better on the D-line and Wisconsin has trouble throwing the ball, which will allow our safeties to stop the jet sweep. I really believe that this will come down to our LB play and whether we can complete 60% of our passes.

Zaire and who else? Can Love or Newby go? Outside of Zaire, we look bad at LB. Din't recall Roach at all yesterday.

Our front four is spectacular. The secondary is playing great. Zaire Anderson is enforcing his will out there and making opposing rushers pay. Nate Gerry could be a huge factor in this game against Wiscy. He is fast and he recognizes the play well for the most part. A few mistakes here and there but I'd expect him to play a large role in helping stop Gordon.

Offensively I don't kow what to expect. Can we snap the ball without fumbling? Can Tommy throw a pass that isn't a rocket? By the way, I'm a huge supporter of Armstrong, but he's got to get better. Will Abdullah be back? Will our WR's stop running every route 25 yards or deeper? Where's the common sense? Where is the basic knowledge of the game and understanding of the situation? This offense bothers me, and Wiscy in their house bothers me. Huskerboard be prepared, it could be a lot more questions about Becks abilities andi know that gets some of you all workied up inside.

I too have asked why we always through 25 to 30 yards passes on 3rd & 5. I also like Tommy, but sometimes he tries to do too much.

I keep trying to tell people it's not all on Tommy, we just like to keep piling on the kid around here for some reason.

Becks offense give the WR's reads and options. Look at the route Westerkamp runs on Tommy's interception. The offense is already playing into the wind, Westerkamp fakes inside then breaks if back out and up. He's already 20 yards downfield into the wind and he's going to run deeper?? Why? Then obviously Tommy reacts to Westerkamps fake and believes he is going to stay inside, and BOOM easy interception.

We run one of the stupidest offensive systems I've ever seen. Actually, it's not stupid, it's genius really. If you have eleven geniuses all on the same page who never make mistakes and an opposing defense that does exactly what you expect them to do every time, then yep...it's genius. That's why I call it stupid...because it won't ever work out this way.

We have 2 weeks. I'd cut the receiver route option crap. It hasn't/doesn't and won't work. If the WR is to do a 10 yrs curl, that's what he runs. WR and QB know. No miscues, limits mistakes and INT's......

Go with TA under center. Run out of the I formation. Use 2 back sets the entire time. The 2 back sets would allow us to go Cross or Jano (inside runs) or Newby for sweeps or outside. Again, play to the strengths of the team. Cross isn't going to get it done running outside......

TA won't/can't go through progressions so don't have 4 guys in routes. Run 2 TE sets as well. Chip block and drag to the middle of the field. TA's "strength" in passing is vertical to the middle of the field. Several things will happen, the TE will be open as we haven't used them, when the LB's start to go with them, it opens running lanes. The safeties will be i run support so no threat if over thrown.

TA is a strong runner. Use designed runs. Can the zone read and go true option i.e. triple, belly G. Misdiretion and counters. Play to strengths of the team not to to Beck's "genius". For f@@ks sake even tell him to hike the ball and simply look left and then go to the right for your primary receiver. 18 games on film of look left, throw left will allow the loo left throw right get at least 2-3 scores before they adjust and quit jumping routes......

We go in with the same craptastic play calling Beck used against Purdue and MSU, we are going to get our a$$es handed to us. Bo needs to sit beck down and explain we need to be a power run team with spread elements. Not a speed team with power elements.......

You mean revamp the entire offensive scheme, strategy, philosophy?

There are other ways of doing this.

You mean revamp the entire offensive scheme, strategy, philosophy?

There are other ways of doing this.

Not really. We have run the I formation, we have used jumbo sets and have thrown to the TE's. Pare down the crap that doesn't work i.e. TA passing to the flats and allow him to throw in his wheel house i.e. vertical and down the middle.

We might not have AA (I'll be shocked if he's back). We have 2 backs who are not near the level he is at. Each has their strengths. Use it. TA can run. Us it. The designed QB draw that went for 6 is a prime example. We use all of the above, but not enough to make DC's scheme for it..... Use this.

Use the PA and vertical passing game out of different formations and sets. Like TO did. Limited "plays" with multiple formations. TO's multiplicity was in the formations and sets not the plays themselves.

Beck has got 2 weeks to look at film and crap can some stuff.

Jet sweep and 70 points says they're not a run between the tackles team.

Different Coach, different team, have you actually watch any Wisconsin games this year? I have watched about 3 start to finish NW, S. Florida, and LSU. Plus parts of other games.

They run lots of Inside/Outside zone and now that their FB is healthy lots of Iso and Power. Yeah I have seen a little jet sweep action, but that is not their bread and butter. The don't run toss sweeps or a lot of counter stuff. It is a lot of between the tackles stuff.

It's more or less the same offense they've ran since Alvarez was HC. Nothing they do should surprise us.

It's amazing what having an identity, then recruiting and coaching to said identity can do.

• Fire 2

Haha! Good luck with that. I respect your faith though. Personally, I just wish the guy all the best in his new Head Coaching gig. I just hope that happens soon so I can watch some good clean fundamental offense again. I'm tired of the gimmicky stuff.

Agree 100%. Whether its back at KU or somewhere, anywhere but back at NU.

It will be either a 1100 or 230 kickoff. That is a big relief. I am just glad it is not a night game. Camp Randle at night would not bode well for the good guys.

I don't think there are anymore night games anyway

mich st vs osu is an 800 game on nov 8th

mich st vs maryland 800 game on nov 15th

Seems like night games can still be a possibility correct?